First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator 2014 grand cherokee hemi
Occupation
Facilities maintenance
I've had my gladiator sport max tow all summer and I've finally gotten around to doing the lift and tires. I started with the rough country 2.5 inch front leveling kit (springs and shocks) and I have been extremely pleased with it. But like many people I realised that it sat a little to level to the point that putting even a little weight in the bed made the rear end sag lower than the front. I figured i would just ad rear spacers but after seing a random video on YouTube I learned that I could order from rough country just the rear springs and shocks out of their 3.5 inch kit, lifting the rear between 1.5 and 2 inches depending who you ask, restoring some of the forward rake and giving the truck a complete all around lift. I've already towed a trailer behind it and it has worked out perfectly. As for the tires I'm running the 35/10.50/17 kenda klevers and so far they may be the best tire I've ever owned. Their quiet and smooth to the point that I don't notice im on an off road tire and they have the deepest tread that I've ever seen on an all terrain tire. Don't think about these tires just buy them.

20210817_154446.jpg
Sponsored

DublF

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Veteran, Retired Correctional Stationary Engineer
I've had my gladiator sport max tow all summer and I've finally gotten around to doing the lift and tires. I started with the rough country 2.5 inch front leveling kit (springs and shocks) and I have been extremely pleased with it. But like many people I realised that it sat a little to level to the point that putting even a little weight in the bed made the rear end sag lower than the front. I figured i would just ad rear spacers but after seing a random video on YouTube I learned that I could order from rough country just the rear springs and shocks out of their 3.5 inch kit, lifting the rear between 1.5 and 2 inches depending who you ask, restoring some of the forward rake and giving the truck a complete all around lift. I've already towed a trailer behind it and it has worked out perfectly. As for the tires I'm running the 35/10.50/17 kenda klevers and so far they may be the best tire I've ever owned. Their quiet and smooth to the point that I don't notice im on an off road tire and they have the deepest tread that I've ever seen on an all terrain tire. Don't think about these tires just buy them.

Jeep Gladiator Kenda Klevers 35/10.50/17 and rough country lift 20210817_154446
Great looking rig. I ordered the Kenda's last week, just waiting for delivery.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered a set of 255/75/17s. hoping to have them soon!

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Can we get a shot from the front? Iā€™d like to see the tire width in practice.

OP
OP

Demazz85

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Facilities maintenance
Can we get a shot from the front? Iā€™d like to see the tire width in practice.
It doesn't look or feel narrow at all
Jeep Gladiator Kenda Klevers 35/10.50/17 and rough country lift 20210817_154512

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't look or feel narrow at all
Jeep Gladiator Kenda Klevers 35/10.50/17 and rough country lift 20210817_154512
what was the tire weight on yours? I intentionally went smaller to keep the same weight as the stock duelers. But Im curious now what the 35x10.5 weigh.

DublF

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Veteran, Retired Correctional Stationary Engineer
what was the tire weight on yours? I intentionally went smaller to keep the same weight as the stock duelers. But Im curious now what the 35x10.5 weigh.
My FedEx shipment weight shows 57.04 lbs. for each tire.

Edit: I took an old bathroom scale and weighed one. 67 lbs.

FedEx scale is off by 10 pounds. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP

Demazz85

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Facilities maintenance
I can't remember for sure, I think 66lbs. I was going to go with 33s initially to try to keep it efficient but I'm glad I went with the 35s it handles them great.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im sorts having a moment of doubt hereā€¦

I got the kenda in today and saw that they were the wrong size. So after going through the process to get return labels, which theyā€™re getting sent back at no cost to me, Iā€™m looking to probably order the correct size. But now I see that the size I want are 45 poundsā€¦ Which is 11 pounds heavier than my stock tires.

so my question for you with the much heavier 35s you went with is how much of a mile per gallon hit did you notice?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Demazz85

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Facilities maintenance
Im sorts having a moment of doubt hereā€¦

I got the kenda in today and saw that they were the wrong size. So after going through the process to get return labels, which theyā€™re getting sent back at no cost to me, Iā€™m looking to probably order the correct size. But now I see that the size I want are 45 poundsā€¦ Which is 11 pounds heavier than my stock tires.

so my question for you with the much heavier 35s you went with is how much of a mile per gallon hit did you notice?
I haven't calibrated my speedometer yet so my computer is not accurate, I was getting better than 20 mpg in town before the 35s but I live semi rural and don't have to many traffic lights on my commute. Now it shows around 17.5 mpg which should be more like 18-18.5 with a corrected speedo, i also drive gently. I haven't had it on any real highway yet.