First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Right now I haven't tested it fully, but I think there may be some sort of connection between the keys and the auto start/stop feature.

When my wife drove with her key, the JT would rarely, if ever, start/stop. With my key, it would work normal.

Yesterday we swapped keys. She took the truck and lo and behold, the start/stop feature worked as normal.

When I drove last night to a friends house, the start/stop didn't activate (that I noticed). It did on the way home, but my wife was in the truck before I was, so maybe it connected with her (my old) key first?

Anyways... strange things are afoot at the Circle K.
Sponsored

tcracing

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Sales
Crazy as I've never had my start/stop activate. Maybe because I use the same key always?

1JeepFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Jeep Gladiator Mojave
It's your braking style and not your keys.

Start/stop is only triggered when you push the brake past a certain point. MPMB probably pushes the brake pedal down past the ACC trigger point, and OP's wife doesn't.

Also see: "Occam's razor"

OP
OP
MPMB

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
My wife has said that the auto start/stop worked intermittently. I naturally assumed it was that she wasn't applying enough brake pressure to keep the AS/S system working.

But when her key was in the truck, I noticed the AS/S wasn't working. So we swapped keys, just to test a theory.

Today I drove the truck around and the AS/S worked normally. We'll see if it continues or, like she said, acts intermittently.

If car makers years ago sold cars that recorded driver settings and paired "their" key to those settings, why can't Jeep do it today? The fob is as big as a phone, so they have plenty of space to play with.

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
Mine works very well so long as I have the A/C off (it's at max because we live in a suburb of hell).

Come to a stop. Car settles. Engine goes off. If you don't feel that settle, she's probably not braking hard enough.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
It has nothing to do with the key. That makes no sense whatsoever.

There are a lot of variables that the programming takes into account. The variables are listed in the owners manual. And id bet there are other unpublished variables as well.

Either way, it ain't the key.
Sponsored