Sponsored

Large Dog on Passenger Front Floorboard?

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
One thing missing from the photos, and I may have missed it, is a proper restraint harness with accessory seat belt adaptor. Vince weighs 40 pounds and at 60 mph, he would hit the dash, windshield or back my head/seat with about 3500 lb.f of force. Two weeks ago, a brain dead human thing changed lanes into my lane coming up to the intersection. (What solid white line?) I applied max braking and Vince, dozing in the passenger seat, was slung forward checked only by the harness hookup. Please, secure your pets and do not let them ride head out, eye injuries are gruesome. They are the kids who never leave home.
Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Disable the passenger air bag, if possible. Whatever you do for the kids, do for the pets.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
For me, the dogs in the back seat area have chest harnesses on and are connected to the seat belt clip. The lab in the footwell is not clipped in. To be completely honest I feel it is a bad place for a dog in a accident (bound to get crushed there), but it is where the Seeing Eye wants their dogs to be trained to be at.

Pretty sure passenger side air bag is off automatically unless an adult (over so many lbs) is seating in the seat.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
For me, the dogs in the back seat area have chest harnesses on and are connected to the seat belt clip. The lab in the footwell is not clipped in. To be completely honest I feel it is a bad place for a dog in a accident (bound to get crushed there), but it is where the Seeing Eye wants their dogs to be trained to be at.

Pretty sure passenger side air bag is off automatically unless an adult (over so many lbs) is seating in the seat.
If the Seeing Eye is on the floor, who is doing the driving?

OP
OP

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
With the brackets installed, the farthest foward position is the same as the farthest back position of oem.

The brackets make the seat about a 1/4" higher, so you head gets closer to the found bar. Depending how tall you are, this could be a issue for you.
Ok thanks. Without that bracket installed was the lab able to sit up in the footwell? Like just straight up and look out?

Sponsored

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Arborist
If the Seeing Eye is on the floor, who is doing the driving?
We are just raising the puppy, and socializing him. Usually around 14-18 months old the dog goes back to the Seeing Eye for a full health screen. If he passes that, they start training him for a blind person.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Arborist
Ok thanks. Without that bracket installed was the lab able to sit up in the footwell? Like just straight up and look out?
Yes, but barely. I'm not sure a full grown lab could.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone. I know this is a weird and probably stupid question but does anyone let their dog ride on the passenger front Floorboard of their Gladiator? I have a large and pretty tall dog and I am hoping she will be able to sit on the Floorboard and see out the passenger window. Has anyone else done this. I know the dealer won't let me go and put my dog in the front to see how she would fit. Thanks!
Mine won't even fit in the rear seat. Atticus is the reason I bought the Gladiator....

Atti on Wall.jpg

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
We are just raising the puppy, and socializing him. Usually around 14-18 months old the dog goes back to the Seeing Eye for a full health screen. If he passes that, they start training him for a blind person.
Good on Ya. It is the little things that matter.

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 15 FLHTKL
I've got two Great Danes. I ended up doing a rear seat delete. I thought it was going to be a problem not having a space for 2 legged souls. But in reality the 4 legged kids ride in the Jeep way more.
For those wondering $55 and 4 hours in the garage with basic construction skills.

danes on a lake.jpg

seat delete 1.jpg

seat delete 2.jpg

seat delete 3 .jpg

Zipper

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Dutch Shepherd and she just curls up in the passenger seat and lies her head on the arm rest or looks out the window
Sponsored