Last Year of the Gladiator (2024) -- says dealer

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I confirmed this with my dealer this afternoon and a Jeep representative was in the building. It's not a surprise or unexpected given that Jeep is going to electrify all their models and there has been no news about the JT but the media surrounding the 2024 JL is everywhere. I was told that there isn't a name for their new electric truck but it will be something similar to the maverick in size, price, options, etc. So do we all stop driving these things and try to keep them in mint condition? I am bummed but not surprised.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Makes no sense why the would show off all those new gladiator concepts with new features and then cancel it

Someone is full of it me thinks
The someone isn't me , I am simply relaying what was stated to me by a Jeep representative, the lead sales representative for the dealership and the owner within an earshot. How many concepts make it into production anyways? You can disregard the thread if you think I am here to stir the pot. I actually think this sounds more reasonable and realistic than anything alternative.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
back on bronco6g we used to play a drinking game where everyone had to take a shot whenever someone used any variation of the phrase "my dealer said"... i don't think anyone took the game seriously or actually participated, as I'm sure anyone who did died of alcohol poisoning.

But the point is: that's how much faith you should have in dealers; and regional reps for that matter. Regional reps don't know shit either.

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
I knew more about the Gladiator than my dealer did. At one point, I was the one showing him all the options I wanted to get. 90% of Dealers are full of sh*t. When in doubt, do your own desktop research before believing those guys.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Even owners of dealerships don't have crystal balls. Heck, they are as confused as we are when things are changed on their order screen. There's no way Jeep tells dealers of coming plans. It just doesn't happen that way.
It doesn't matter if he's the lead sales guy, owner of a corporation that has 10 dealerships in the nation, or whatever. They don't know anything. They speculate, they guess, and worse yet - they manipulate.
Like already said - we've heard this sort of thing before.
There's too much going on now to drop the JT. It's doing well. New technology in batteries means in a couple of years you'll have more range with less battery weight and size. Here already.
One of the co-founders of Tesla has been saying for weeks that he's been successful at recycling used car batteries and recovering up around 95% of the rare materials in them!
Sponsored