First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
They refused to warranty my leak. I've had a bad experience w/ both the dealer and Jeep. Wish I could do it over.
What was the reason? Did you have it re-geared or lifted? Looking at your picture it looks like there is a bump stop spacer on your axle.

I have a Mopar 2" lift sitting in the garage. I'm thinking it will probably stay there until I'm satisfied the leak is fixed. Don't want to give the dealer any excuse to deny coverage even though it shouldn't matter.
Sponsored

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
What was the reason? Did you have it re-geared or lifted? Looking at your picture it looks like there is a bump stop spacer on your axle.

I have a Mopar 2" lift sitting in the garage. I'm thinking it will probably stay there until I'm satisfied the leak is fixed. Don't want to give the dealer any excuse to deny coverage even though it shouldn't matter.
thankfully, my dealership is super mod friendly. I have the Clayton 3,5 Overland Plus lift. But dealership has to prove the issue is the direct result of your lift. With your Mopar lift, you should be fine. But not a bad idea on waiting until all this is resolved.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Picked up my truck this past Tuesday after having the work done. They changed the right rear axle shaft assembly (p/n listed as 68475094AA 02510002Y on invoice) and charged 0.8hrs of labor on it. I don't normally drive the truck at all during the week, but I'll keep a close eye on it to see if the leak returns in the coming months.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Just checked mine, passenger side rear has a wet spot on the backing plate. Looks like I'll be giving the dealership a call.

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-Update-
Just picked up my beloved JTR. Took about a day or two to install. So far so good. Hope it never leaks again! guess what was in the crate! Yes a new axle!!

Jeep Gladiator Leaking axle seal? 8DFEF510-AC72-415E-A013-9248419946EA

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18/12 2020 Noisy front axle, leaking RR. In the shop type past 10 days Will find out what was done when I get it back.
Yep, mine was at dealership for a week. They finally got to installing a new axle couple days ago. Hope it never leaks again.
Good luck on yours...

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Well I have been without my Gladiator for 2 weeks now.
Stopped by the dealer today and they say they have axle shafts/seal on order and have no indication of when they will ship.
This is unacceptable communication from FCA Stellantis.
Anyone from JeepCares care to chime in?

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Well mine went in yestedray for the new right rear axle shaft assembly. Dropped off at 7:30, called at 10 to tell me they were done. Will eb keeping an eye on the left side and front axles for awhile, but hopefully that's it and I am all good to go now. Nice and easy, quick in and out at my local dealer. That was a pleasant surprise since I did not purchase it there. Wished they would have cleaned up the area with some brake cleaner when they were done, but that was easy enough to take care of while I was under there taking a peek when I got home.

Sponsored

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well mine went in yestedray for the new right rear axle shaft assembly. Dropped off at 7:30, called at 10 to tell me they were done. Will eb keeping an eye on the left side and front axles for awhile, but hopefully that's it and I am all good to go now. Nice and easy, quick in and out at my local dealer. That was a pleasant surprise since I did not purchase it there. Wished they would have cleaned up the area with some brake cleaner when they were done, but that was easy enough to take care of while I was under there taking a peek when I got home.
Glad it got taken care of for ya. Please keep us updated if anything changes. But I pray this is it for good!

Vina Ev

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Jeep driver
My was made in 09/2020. I bought it use 2 months ago and I just found out front right axle is leaking. The truck was already lifted with Falcon and 35" tires when the original owner bought it new from the dealership. He then swap out the Falcon and put in Kings and 37" tires and he also regear it to 4.88. my question is should I take it to the original dealership that he bought it from which is 1.5 hours from where I live or should I just bring it to a dealership near my house which is 5 minutes away? I'm afraid they won't fix it under the manufacturer warranty because of the lift and bigger tires. This is my first Jeep and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Trussville Tiger

First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Gray Mojave
Got my first oil change on my 21 Mojave this week and guy told me I had some fluid leaking from rear passenger axle. Took to dealership and confirmed it was the rear passenger axle seal. Parts have been ordered and it’s being repaired on Monday. They put me in a rental to keep my Jeep. 8000 miles on it.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Got my first oil change on my 21 Mojave this week and guy told me I had some fluid leaking from rear passenger axle. Took to dealership and confirmed it was the rear passenger axle seal. Parts have been ordered and it’s being repaired on Monday. They put me in a rental to keep my Jeep. 8000 miles on it.
Hopefully fca is starting to track this....this is far too common and now to be random. Seals shouldn't be failing (especially almost exclusively on right rear) on vehicles with such low miles. There has got to be a common thread here. Bad batch of gaskets on the line at dana, training issue and seals getting damaged during assembly, etc.

Deleted member 30519

I thought I was in the clear when this thread first started being they were 2021 builds but I see 2020s now. I guess I'll have to check mine out tomorrow.
Sponsored