Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The factory basic warranties for both bumper to bumper and powertrain have no language that guarantees a right to a loaner. The difference between the dealerships is that the second dealership is willing to either out of their pocket cover the rental and/or is willing to submit to Jeep/Stellantis corporate to goodwill cover a rental. The first dealer you dealt with did not want to be bothered with either.

The subject of rentals/loaners comes up quite often and regardless of what people think, there is no right to one. Only exceptions are a same day only coverage for the Jeep Wave program or if a factory MOPAR extended service contract is bought with language to cover a rental/loaner and that is only if you are past the basic factory warranties.
I thought the wave paperwork and info mentions loaners.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I thought the wave paperwork and info mentions loaners.
I mention the Wave Program in my last paragraph.

If you look at the language of the Wave Program and any rental/loaner, it is only for a one day event and not an extended length rental/loan.

https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

Same day only and for "routine Maintenance" visits

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I mention the Wave Program in my last paragraph.

If you look at the language of the Wave Program and any rental/loaner, it is only for a one day event and not an extended length rental/loan.

https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

Same day only and for "routine Maintenance" visits
how'd I miss that LOL - didn't scroll enough.
For routine maintenance, I wouldn't mess with a loaner or rental. Too much hassle for a couple of hours work.
I did get one for a two day thing - I think it was the tonneau cover replacement.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
how'd I miss that LOL - didn't scroll enough.
For routine maintenance, I wouldn't mess with a loaner or rental. Too much hassle for a couple of hours work.
I did get one for a two day thing - I think it was the tonneau cover replacement.
Yeah, I would imagine it is a rarely used benefit. Looks good on paper though.

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
The dealership called me back today after having my vehicle over the weekend. Yup, the rear axle seal is leaking and they will need to replace the right axle assembly and it's on backorder. My Jeep is safe to drive and they will schedule with me when the part is available to be replaced. So no surprises there, but I feel like this could of been handled over the phone almost. Good news though, is they didn't say anything about my tire size or the Rubi takeoffs I have installed so at least there's that.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Iā€™ll add another, JTM manual, 6500 miles, and with 11/2020 build. Appointment scheduled a couple weeks out.
Add mine in - Rear Passenger leaking as well.
I am at 8300 miles. Manufactured Feb 2021

Dealer appointment booked 1.5 weeks out.
Sorry to hear of your concerns!

If either of you need extra support while at the dealer, please feel free to send us a private message closer to the date and we can assist!

Kate
Jeep Cares

Jeep_willysJT

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Data Analyst
The dealership called me back today after having my vehicle over the weekend. Yup, the rear axle seal is leaking and they will need to replace the right axle assembly and it's on backorder. My Jeep is safe to drive and they will schedule with me when the part is available to be replaced. So no surprises there, but I feel like this could of been handled over the phone almost. Good news though, is they didn't say anything about my tire size or the Rubi takeoffs I have installed so at least there's that.
I'll be surprised if they tell me it's safe to drive. The inside wheel was coated in grease.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if they wanted to SEE it to inspect the brakes, etc. - and the severity of the leak before advising you it was "ok to drive" only to later find you in an accident because of lube contaminating the brakes.

How bad something is or isn't can vary wildly between people based on their experiences with such things - or lack of. My wife might think a leak is horrible simply because - well, it's a leak, and it shouldn't, while I may view it as needing repairs (any leak is not right) but not a risk to person or property.

That's my take, anyway. Inconvenient for you the customer, but in everyone's best interest might be a way to put it.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone reported having trouble at the dealer for this issue when they have modified tires, wheels or wheel spacers?

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone reported having trouble at the dealer for this issue when they have modified tires, wheels or wheel spacers?
Havenā€™t seen anyone have trouble YET

Sponsored

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Just reporting back to add to the thread. If you search my previous posts you will see mine leaked and was repaired back in April....only to leak again. I stopped by the dealership today, they confirmed the leak and started the order for the replacement shaft assembly......that are showing as backorder until November. JeepCares has been messaged for (hopefully) some expedited support on the new axle shaft. Here's hoping the scond time is the charm.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Makes me wonder if some of the faulty assemblies were actually in the supply chain when the first people got their axles replaced........

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Makes me wonder if some of the faulty assemblies were actually in the supply chain when the first people got their axles replaced........
Have we had any confirmation of the root cause yet...I might have missed a few pages of posts.
I am still curious on the true root cause here....and why it is always the right rear...especially since the left and right shaft assemblies are identical (from what I understand).

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Have we had any confirmation of the root cause yet...I might have missed a few pages of posts.
I am still curious on the true root cause here....and why it is always the right rear...especially since the left and right shaft assemblies are identical (from what I understand).
None *THAT I AM AWARE OF*
That's why I'd love to have one of these "failed assemblies" in hand. ("Forensics" on such things is something I enjoy.)
Unfortunately because they are fully a warranty item, it APPEARS that the dealership shop must send back the failed assembly, etc. I'll never get to see one.
I assume they are identical but have not taken the time to look up the part numbers of the assembly for left and right, or even the individual parts.

The left and right axles and seals are exposed to the same fluids, the same pressures, the same stresses. Logic would suggest there's some difference - or the process of assembling the right varied somehow compared to the process of assembling the left side axle assembly.

Jeep_willysJT

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Data Analyst
Got a call back from the dealership. Axle is on back order. 160 orders and 68 in stock. Told me end of week or early next week for parts to be in for install.
Sponsored