LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS!

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
Less, which is why they may work without it, but...you should use the Tazer programmer to activate the "LED" option in the vehicle computer. LED bulbs will run more efficiently and will provide better service life if you do this.
Can you use the super chips for this as well, still learning the differences between the 2 before I buy one
Sponsored

Foozed

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator SS
Just installed the headlights and fog led bulbs listed here and wow! What an awesome difference! I had a sport s w halogen bulbs.
Easiest way for the headlight swap is to remove the front grill (6 plastic pop ups and a row of snaps along the bottom) and then 3 bolts per headlight. Much easier and faster than trying to do it from the rear!
I did the fog lights as I was swapping bumpers.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
So I did my swap and they came out with the high beam and regular beam flipped issue....so I just need to turn the bulb in the housing so the wires face 6 o'clock? I don't don't take the led out of the housing? Can someone explain alittle further? Thanks :)

Sponsored

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
So I did my swap and they came out with the high beam and regular beam flipped issue....so I just need to turn the bulb in the housing so the wires face 6 o'clock? I don't don't take the led out of the housing? Can someone explain alittle further? Thanks :)
I don’t think you need to take it out of the housing. Kind of just turns with small clicks.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Well I just went in the garage and turned the wires down and made sure they were facing 3 and 6 and it worked like a charm ....thanks again guys

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"
LEDs and HIDs in the stock halogen housing is horrible. I did it to my Wifes JL Sahara and although it was much improvement in visibility, the light was scattered all over the road. I aimed them as low as possible and still got the occasional flash.

I switched to dedicated LED Projected headlights and the difference was even greater. The cheap upgrades of LED bulbs is not worth it. Please save your extra money until you can get a set of dedicated LED headlights

#justsaying

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
More info on where the myth comes from that you can't use LED bulbs in place of halogen bulbs. It's all about quality:

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
wonder if that "load equalizer" is actually necessary.
With the lower draw that LEDs inherently have, I would say "yes." BUT, as has been mentioned in this thread:

Do we know exactly what the 'LED option' does on the Tazer?
I wonder if you can just change the coding in the system to anticipate the load typically seen with a factory LED system resulting in a more or less plug and play system without the amperage drawbacks.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
With the lower draw that LEDs inherently have, I would say "yes." BUT, as has been mentioned in this thread:
Some have had flicker, some not. I think it depends on the make/model of led bulb.