Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Literally 4 posts up

%100 not helpful...of course i read that. Doesnt mean there isnt ANY other option. keep your shade to your self friend.
Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
No shade buddy. Just pointing out that what you asked was specifically already answered.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
No shade buddy. Just pointing out that what you asked was specifically already answered.
my bad then, its hard to get intended emotions from text. :fist bump:

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Sport S here. I never could get that damn knob to do anything either.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I have it on my LE. Honestly, it is such a subtle change it is hard to notice. It must be very dark to see it work. I doubt I would fix it if I happened to ever notice it not dimming. A few might have a good use case for it but I don’t really think you are missing out on anything cool.

Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Ok so i just found something I thought I'd share with this thread..

As I had previously said, my cupholder doesn't dim with the door handle lights. HOWEVER i was just cleaning the inside the other evening (after getting caught in a little rain) and as I was wiping down the dash the cupholder dimmed....

Mine dims with the right knob, with the cluster and other dash lights not the ambient knob!

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Sport S max tow here too. Built 8/14/20. My left knob doesn’t seem to do a single thing. Annoying having something there that does nothing.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2015 Harley Tri Glide, 1928 Ford roadster pickup
In my rubicon JL, it worked fine.... in my sport s JT only the door handles. Guess it’s model specific... countless threads about this on JL forum.

msrowley

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I have a Gladiator Sport S. The ambient light dimmer does nothing, I checked the floor well lights and the same issue, no LED in the LED2 position on the circuit board. However, I also checked the wire harness and there is no wire for the floor well ambient light.

Do I understand this correctly? The Sport S has a dimmer control for ambient lighting, but no ambient lights? Why would Jeep put a control in the vehicle that has no purpose?

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Any word from a dealership on this or Jeep.

Sponsored

msrowley

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Any word from a dealership on this or Jeep.
I contacted Jeep this week, they sent an email directing me to talk to the dealer. Dealers service department had no idea of this issue. They offered to replace the footwell lamps for me for free, however when I found out that the vehicle interior lighting wiring in the Gladiator Sport S is not set up for ambient lighting, I declined the offer. Now I'm looking to see if I can add the ambient wiring (just one wire) myself or purchase the correct wire harness from Jeep.

Vestigo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ, 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
2020 Gladiator. Here is how mine works. With the headlights turned on, or in auto mode and the vehicle in a very dark location, like inside a garage or outside at night. There are two led's. One in the drivers footwell and one in the passengers footwell. Those are the only two, same as the JL i owned. The one dial does the dash lights from off to blinding at night the other knob controls those two little crappy Led's that you can only see when it's really dark. I'd bet you a dollar that they both work. You need to be in the truck, doors closed, and have it really dark, with the headlights on. Let me know, and I'll send my address for payment,
You are correct. Just went out and tried it. Seems like a lot of work for a useless feature. What purpose does it serve?

olecarguy

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2012 300, 08 Scion XB, 03 F350, 65 Cuda,
Occupation
Retired Auto Mechanic/Machine Technician/Engineer
You are correct. Just went out and tried it. Seems like a lot of work for a useless feature. What purpose does it serve?
Mood lighting ----Mine also controls the little LEDs in the center console cup holder. I think this is an FCA gimmick on all their cars. Our 2012 300 has it as well, it has more of these little LEDS in door handles, pull pockets, center console cup holders, etc.

msrowley

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Update 2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S. I posted earlier that the ambient wiring is missing in my Jeep, so even if I added an LED to LED2 on the floor well lamp, it will not light up. So it seemed that the Sport S does not have the ambient lighting package. HOWEVER, I discovered last night that the little lights in the door handles in the front are indeed there and indeed work with the ambient lighting dimmer.

So, Why would Jeep do a partial install on the ambient lighting? I am very curious, can anyone else verify this on their Gladiator Sport S?

msrowley

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Sport S here. I never could get that damn knob to do anything either.
Check to see if you have the door handle lights. They are very dim. See if the dimmer controls them
Sponsored