Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like the authors ego is tied to the raptor, or else the marketing statistics show more raptor drivers read that fish wrap than Jeep owners

Sponsored

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
They are both desert focused trucks but really apples and oranges comparison. Base prices are about 20% different which isn't insignificant.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
It’s real silly if you ask me.

It reminds me of the articles that came out essentially questioning why a Rubicon gladiator existed. When you could get a more capable JLU for less. Their argument was with all the length of the truck, a Rubicon variant seems silly.

Don’t put too much weight into these kinds of things and try to just enjoy what you drive because YOU enjoy what you have. That’s all that matters..not what the neighbors think, and certainly NOT what a paid magazine writer thinks.

I previously had a Raptor and thought it was real boring. Now, if I penned an article about my experience, would it be the final word and reason for Raptor owners to run to the used car lot and abandon ship? I hope not.

Enjoy your Jeeps everyone!!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Love my JT, but “slow and ponderous on pavement” hits the nail on the head.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
How about when the author finds out there are no $60K Raptors on any dealer lot? I saw a 2020 Raptor recently, stickered at $93K.

Just wait until the author finds out about the size of the fob

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
They are both desert focused trucks but really apples and oranges comparison. Base prices are about 20% different which isn't insignificant.
Absolutely, I was thinking that the whole time...he’s comparing a full size truck to a mid size truck, ffs...it also grinds my gears when a review of an off-road 4x4 complains it doesn’t drive like a Porsche on the road. Guh...

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I find nothing redeeming about the Mojave model at all.

Same with the Overland, Altitude and North Editions.

Just need models:
1. Cheap
2. Cheap with tow
3. Rubicon

The rest are for the mall crawl groups. I think the Mojave edition will be short-lived. That is an IFS type of wheeling.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
They also say that the Raptor has more technology than the Mojave... like more electronics is what you need in the middle of nowhere? I started watching the new K Krawler show on Amazon last night... they had a break-down of a simple part... Steering Pump, two other of their convoy left to get food, and replacement parts... one of those broke the fuel pump off in their tank on the way out, and the other ran out of fuses to keep the radiator fan going. If the simple stuff that's easy to fix strands you for 12 hours on a trail, imagine what'll happen when something that you cannot easily replace or even purchase goes tits-up. Will Ford offer helicopter extraction services to retrieve a dead vehicle in the middle of Rubicon Trail?

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I find nothing redeeming about the Mojave model at all.

Same with the Overland, Altitude and North Editions.

Just need models:
1. Cheap
2. Cheap with tow
3. Rubicon

The rest are for the mall crawl groups. I think the Mojave edition will be short-lived. That is an IFS type of wheeling.
The ONLY reason that my Overland has not been offroad yet, is I am in S. Fl., and there is nothing but mud to go out in. You should not classify the other models into "Mall Crawler" category... I see more Rubicons when I drive past the mall than any other model... they are a status symbol here, as in "look at the money I spent..." crowd. The other "Mall Crawlers" I see a lot of here are the SoFlo Jeeps, which a high percentage are built from a Sport, or Sport S.

Using your logic, the sport/s and rubicons have a higher risk of being a mall crawler here than Overland, Altitude, and North Editions do... /rant

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
The ONLY reason that my Overland has not been offroad yet, is I am in S. Fl., and there is nothing but mud to go out in. You should not classify the other models into "Mall Crawler" category... I see more Rubicons when I drive past the mall than any other model... they are a status symbol here, as in "look at the money I spent..." crowd. The other "Mall Crawlers" I see a lot of here are the SoFlo Jeeps, which a high percentage are built from a Sport, or Sport S.

Using your logic, the sport/s and rubicons have a higher risk of being a mall crawler here than Overland, Altitude, and North Editions do... /rant
Maybe you missed the point. There's just no need for an overland model...its just a well equipped Sport model. If they just allowed every option for a Sport it would be the same thing. But I'm sure people want to "say" they don't have a Sport model.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Maybe you missed the point. There's just no need for an overland model...its just a well equipped Sport model. If they just allowed every option for a Sport it would be the same thing. But I'm sure people want to "say" they don't have a Sport model.
Nope, its not just a well equipped Sport. Do your research, and then reply. Just as much different between sport and Overland, as Overland to Rubicon.

Your logic is saying a Rubicon is just a well equipped Sport S Max Tow...
Sponsored