Sponsored

Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!!

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
What breed or mix? Certainly looks like some collie in there. But could be Sheltie/boarder collie? Awesome looking dog!

My rough collie has a needle nose.

IMG_4458.jpeg
Australian Shepherd. Tri-color weighing in at 60lbs and a bit on the heavy side. Should be 50-55lbs.

My first ever dog was a Collie/Shepherd mix. More Collie though. Looked like yours but the dark hair was a light brown.
Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Zeus too. Boone is 3.5 years old and around 105 pounds. Small for a Newf but big for the backseat of a midsize truck!
Oh yeah that's definitely on the smaller side for a Newfie. Even most females (which are obviously smaller) get slightly larger than 105. Of course Zeus, is brute and I feel is going to be scary big considering he's now only 10 months as of a few days ago, and last weigh in was 129.6 lbs which was about a week ago. I think at this rate he's on the verge of topping out at around 165 lbs at full growth. I've never had a messier drinker than Zeus. I knew in advanced Newfies love water but this guy will find water any and every where. All toilet seats remain closed in my house. Doesnt matter anyways cause if it isnt water he's always wet from drool. SMH.

But still I can def agree that even Boone at 105 is too big for a mid sized truck. I cant fit Zeus in my JT cab at all. Besides even if he could, getting him up and inside would be a chore for me at his weight. He literally rides in the wifes Honda Passport anywhere we go. I've always been a giant dog breed lover but specifically a newfie fan since a child but never owned one until Zeus. But I did have (2) Great Pyreness (very similiar breeds in a sense) at the same time prior to Zeus, both males around 105 lbs themselves.

More of Zeus though...

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_3169

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_2885

Last edited:

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
We’ve resorted to steps. Ol Sam too old and Jeep is too high along with limited space for entry on these rear doors. He loves to go everywhere.

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_8082

Poordevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, '01 XJ
Oh yeah that's definitely on the smaller side for a Newfie. Even most females (which are obviously smaller) get slightly larger than 105. Of course Zeus, is brute and I feel is going to be scary big considering he's now only 10 months as of a few days ago, and last weigh in was 129.6 lbs which was about a week ago. I think at this rate he's on the verge of topping out at around 165 lbs at full growth. I've never had a messier drinker than Zeus. I knew in advanced Newfies love water but this guy will find water any and every where. All toilet seats remain closed in my house. Doesnt matter anyways cause if it isnt water he's always wet from drool. SMH.

But still I can def agree that even Boone at 105 is too big for a mid sized truck. I cant fit Zeus in my JT cab at all. Besides even if he could, getting him up and inside would be a chore for me at his weight. He literally rides in the wifes Honda Passport anywhere we go. I've always been a giant dog breed lover but specifically a newfie fan since a child but never owned one until Zeus. But I did have (2) Great Pyreness (very similiar breeds in a sense) at the same time prior to Zeus, both males around 105 lbs themselves.

More of Zeus though...

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_8082

Zeus is a handsome lad! And more on track as far as Newfoundland size goes. We got Boone from the Humane Society and thought maybe he had some retriever in him, due to his size and face shape, but my wife did a DNA test that came back pure goofy Newfie. He def shares those classic Newf traits with Zeus: loving water and plenty of drool! He's a mountain boy who can't resist any creek, lake, or puddle. Please keep us posted on Zeus's growth and evolution. :) Oh and the Great Pyrenees are awesome breeds--I'd have been happy with a GP had we not found Boone first.

IMG_1968.jpg

tempImage60ArQH.png

Sponsored

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Here is Lydia… loved all things Jeep and Jetski.

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_4407

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
This is Bandit, a stray mutt that got hit by a car and suckered us into taking him in. He immediately took-over the house.

He likes the Jeep, naps, treats, belly rubs, and destroying his toys.

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_9157[1]

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_9157[1]

Bandit is one lucky guy.

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Bandit is one lucky guy.
Oh my god, he's so lucky/spoiled. We joke about it constantly.

One of the vet techs saw him recently and was so happy for him. Mentioned that at the shelter he was this sad looking, smelly, scrawny, dirty mutt with a broken tail and scrapped up leg when they brought him in. Showed us a picture and you could HEAR Sarah Mclachlan just by looking at him.

They do great work, he was in much better shape by the time we saw him.

He was so happy when we brought him home. Shelter dogs are a treasure.

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_7853[1]

Now he has his own pillow on the couch and wears Christmas sweaters.

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_7917[1]

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_8558[1]

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
She is not my pet, but with the help of rehabbers I am healing this girl up. She has a long story of 2+ years of nasty infection and recurring injuries and is only 3-3.5 years old. But after capture, medicine, and rest she is starting to become normal for a squirrel. The rehabbers assisting me have said over and over they are blow away at how much trust she has in me being that she is in fact wild. I am also amazed. But, animals know. Anyway, some think I'm weird, but I gotta say, sit and watch for a while one of these insignificant little rodents and you might find they amaze you with their personalities, and ways of life. They are quite interesting. At one point, in the early 1800's squirrels were actually the most popular pet in the US.

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_3442.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_3453.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_3618.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Let’s see your pets cause they are the best companion you can have!!!!! IMG_3731.PNG