First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
So this is the fourth time I’ve had to bring in my truck for the sun visor. Today while I was at the dealer for the yet again broken driver’s side, the Tec went around to look at something on the passenger side and - you guessed it - broke that one too… 🤣

Seriously Jeep. You need to redesign this crap. It cant be that hard. Something so simple shouldn’t break just by using it in th manner it’s supposed to be used…

Small thing but annoying nonetheless. I know I’d be really passed if I was still working and had to take time out of my day to deal with it.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
It's one little plastic piece, above the mounting bracket in the pivot area.

Yes one would think they would know better.

If you search the JL side there is a fix with a metal piece. Cuz when the warranty runs out, the driver side is an expensive Mother.

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
The dealers says they get them in for it all the time. They’re very familiar with the issue. You’d think it’d be cheaper to just use a metal piece in place of the plastic.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
28,000 mi here with no issues. What causes yours to break?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
28,000 mi here with no issues. What causes yours to break?
Using it as it was designed to be used.

All kidding around aside, I think it’s most prone to breakage when you extend it in order to block the sun from the side. Here in New Mexico we get a lot of sun so it gets a lot of use and the support piece is just too flimsy.

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I just replaced my driver side about 2 months ago because it was hanging down. I’d push it back into the roof, but every bump it would jump back down. Dealer looked at it and noticed the passenger side (which has only ever been folded down to remove the freedom panels) was starting to fail as well and replaced that one a well. I also find that the visor to windshield ratio is pretty bad. With the visor folded down and pushed as far back as possible (until it hits a plastic piece near the grab handle) it takes up 2/3 of my windshield. Most times it’s easier just trying to fight the sun than use the visor anyways.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
My granddaughter (5 yo.) broke the passenger, dealer replaced and either me or my favorite driver broke the drivers this past week. I am going to buy a few of these. Hope they are ambi-sided( is that a word??).

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Mine's been busted the dealership says they don't have the parts to fix it or should I say they were going to call me when they got the parts. Still haven't heard from them. Guess its time to pay them a visit. I use mine a lot with my soft top going up and down all the time.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
My parents' JL did this recently. I took it apart to see if it was an easy fix, and it was the broken plastic thing. They are still under warranty, so got it fixed. Is there a link to the long term fix?

Sponsored

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
I never end up using it. The window is so low the top of the frame of the door window or windshield acts as an always active sunshade. Only time i move em is to lock/unlock the roof panels

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Surprising, I use mine almost every day for over a year 22k miles and not a single problem.
Oh shit!!! Now you’ve done it.

What are these people doing with their sun visors. Must be a millennial thing 😉

Jeep does have some very robust grab handles .....standard.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Using it as it was designed to be used.

All kidding around aside, I think it’s most prone to breakage when you extend it in order to block the sun from the side. Here in New Mexico we get a lot of sun so it gets a lot of use and the support piece is just too flimsy.
When you swing it to the side and slide the visor out it really bobs and wiggles. That's a heck of a lot of weight out on the end of that arm supported only by plastic. I cringe each time I swing mine over to the side and slide it over to block the sun on the side window. So far, so good, but it's scary.
Sponsored