James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
New to Jeeps My plan is an RC 2.5 level kit in front and 1.5 in rear and 305s on 18 inch wheel might even stay with a 17 in wheel not sure yet does that sound good? mostly a mall crawler maybe some light off road i have a gladiator sport basic towing ( i dont tow anything but a jon boat)
Sponsored

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issue.....which size leveling kit will level out my Sport S with the Max towing package ?
1.5"....2"...2.5" ?

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I have the same issue.....which size leveling kit will level out my Sport S with the Max towing package ?
1.5"....2"...2.5" ?
1.5 is all you need to level it to the rear.

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Readylift 2.5" SST lift kit on mine and I love it. I'll say this, stay away from body lifts, they don't look good. I had a 1.25" one on my JKU and the gaps it leaves in the Front and rear around the bumpers looks terrible. I delt with it because I didn't want to go through the trouble of removing it but I told myself I'll never do it again. Just my 2 cents on it. Here's mine. Before and after.
Before
Jeep Gladiator Leveling kits and body lift kits MVIMG_20200213_170842

After
Jeep Gladiator Leveling kits and body lift kits 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200619193653437_COVER

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I did the Readylift 2.5" SST lift kit on mine and I love it. I'll say this, stay away from body lifts, they don't look good. I had a 1.25" one on my JKU and the gaps it leaves in the Front and rear around the bumpers looks terrible. I delt with it because I didn't want to go through the trouble of removing it but I told myself I'll never do it again. Just my 2 cents on it. Here's mine. Before and after.
Before
Jeep Gladiator Leveling kits and body lift kits 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200619193653437_COVER

After
These 33 or 35?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I know a lot of people do lift the truck with simple spacers or springs and leave it at that, and drive okay, but I think you are asking for issues. Lookup Jeep death wobble. When the front ends of these get misaligned, and they 100% will be misaligned if you don't have adjustable components to put it back in alignment, you are opening yourself up for issues.

It may drive fine today, and maybe next year, but you're changing angles and caster and the front end will have a harder time staying stable. Death wobble is a mechanical issue that is a sign things aren't aligned right. So I wouldn't go knowingly setting things out of line.

My $0.02

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I know a lot of people do lift the truck with simple spacers or springs and leave it at that, and drive okay, but I think you are asking for issues. Lookup Jeep death wobble. When the front ends of these get misaligned, and they 100% will be misaligned if you don't have adjustable components to put it back in alignment, you are opening yourself up for issues.

It may drive fine today, and maybe next year, but you're changing angles and caster and the front end will have a harder time staying stable. Death wobble is a mechanical issue that is a sign things aren't aligned right. So I wouldn't go knowingly setting things out of line.

My $0.02
I've never saw or heard of anyone getting death wobble from adding a 2" or less leveling kit to a Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Gladiator, it's not enough of a lift to require swapping out or adjusting any other components. Definitely not a body lift kit because all it does is lift the body of the Jeep, the suspension components don't move at all.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I've never saw or heard of anyone getting death wobble from adding a 2" or less leveling kit to a Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Gladiator, it's not enough of a lift to require swapping out or adjusting any other components. Definitely not a body lift kit because all it does is lift the body of the Jeep, the suspension components don't move at all.
Wrangler and JT are already prone to death wobble being solid axle. There was a TSB on the Wrangler to replace the steering stabilizer as the 'fix'. But that isn't an actual fix it's a bandaid.

Point is, the trucks are already prone to it and are using a stabilizer to 'fix' it. Any more messing with geometry, if that's the route people take, is just edging back towards wobble.

Again, my $0.02. It's not my truck and I dont need to ride in it, but for the one I do ride in with my family, I am going to set it back to proper when it's lifted.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Wrangler and JT are already prone to death wobble being solid axle. There was a TSB on the Wrangler to replace the steering stabilizer as the 'fix'. But that isn't an actual fix it's a bandaid.

Point is, the trucks are already prone to it and are using a stabilizer to 'fix' it. Any more messing with geometry, if that's the route people take, is just edging back towards wobble.

Again, my $0.02. It's not my truck and I dont need to ride in it, but for the one I do ride in with my family, I am going to set it back to proper when it's lifted.
The stabilizer is not being used to fix death wobble. I've removed mine and rode around without it, something I have been doing since I had my JKU after I lift one to see if I need to do anything else to dial it in. Mine will ride just fine without a stabilizer and I would challenge you to show a documented story where someone experienced death wobble from lifting a jeep 2" or less. A small lift like that will not make you any more prone to death wobble than having no lift at all. The only thing that maybe you should do is add Geo. Rackets to the front control arms, and by longer sway bar extensions for the front or move the ones from the rear to the front and by new ones for the rear. Most kits come with the sway bars.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The stabilizer is not being used to fix death wobble. I've removed mine and rode around without it, something I have been doing since I had my JKU after I lift one to see if I need to do anything else to dial it in. Mine will ride just fine without a stabilizer and I would challenge you to show a documented story where someone experienced death wobble from lifting a jeep 2" or less. A small lift like that will not make you any more prone to death wobble than having no lift at all. The only thing that maybe you should do is add Geo. Rackets to the front control arms, and by longer sway bar extensions for the front or move the ones from the rear to the front and by new ones for the rear. Most kits come with the sway bars.
The stabilizer was the TSB 'fix' for death wobble.

https://www.motor1.com/news/364948/jeep-wrangler-death-wobble-fix/
Sponsored