First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I purchased my JT on 06/28 and still haven’t received my plates. Usually I get it within 2 weeks of purchase.

For those who purchased a JT during the pandemic ... did you receive your license plates?
Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I would suggest contacting the dealer. Most of the time the dealer needs to file paperwork to get tags issued by your state. I assume that was delayed and yes they are probably going to blame COVID. I have had this happen once before and the dealer ended up somehow never sending in the paperwork to the state and that was the issue. They had to reissue the paperwork to get it sent over before tags were sent. Had to provide me with a new temp tag due to the first one expiring. Fortunately the last few purchases the dealer has issued tags directly rather than waiting on the state paperwork.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I purchased my JT on 06/28 and still haven’t received my plates. Usually I get it within 2 weeks of purchase.

For those who purchased a JT during the pandemic ... did you receive your license plates?
Have you called the bmv? I wouldn’t worry much about having expired temp tags. Police aren’t enforcing tag violations anyway. In Ohio, we had a bad batch of temp tags. There’s thousands of cars driving around with blank temp tags cause the lettering fell off immediately.

TexasMojaveGuy

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave Gladiator
I got mine last weekend, and purchased my JT 4th of July weekend. Check with the dealer, they probably have it.

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Have you called the bmv? I wouldn’t worry much about having expired temp tags. Police aren’t enforcing tag violations anyway. In Ohio, we had a bad batch of temp tags. There’s thousands of cars driving around with blank temp tags cause the lettering fell off immediately.
Yep, this is me. Got it July 4th weekend, havent had a legible tag since mid july. Even had a batch of cops walk all the way around it gawking the other day. Live two blocks from the police station. Unless youre on fire theyre not doing anything.

Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I got mine within 2 weeks I think, purchased 6/30 and received mid July. NC

OP
OP
DeezJT

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I just sent an email to my contact at the dealership. We’ll see if they respond. Btw, I’m in CA.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I know its different state to state, but I got my JT in April.. DMV Completely shut down at the time. There was an email address where I emailed the DMV & I got a call back a few hours later. They had me email in some stuff & then took my payment over the phone.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine back in April as well and our DMV made the end of August the deadline to plate vehicles as Covid lines and wait times were at 4 to 6 hours. Got mine last week, which is in and out in 1 minutes and it took an hour.

Bruce

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 1992 Jeep Cherokee
I purchased mine in late April. I finally received my permanent tag in July. They blamed Covid 19. Also the Gladiator was purchased out of state. I personally think they used all options to use the cash for a couple of months. They don't pay the factory until its registered.

Sponsored

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
I bought my Jeep in April from a dealer in Ohio, though I am a resident of Pennsylvania. At the time Pennsylvania dealers and the registrars were closed. Eventually a Pennsylvania branch of the dealer was able to process the paperwork and I got my plate.

However, what is really odd is I have a passenger car plat (stars with L) rather than a truck plate (starts with Z). All the other Gladiators I see have the truck plates. Hopefully I'll be in Georgia and have a Georgia plate before Pennsylvania decides this is a problem.

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased mine in late April. I finally received my permanent tag in July. They blamed Covid 19. Also the Gladiator was purchased out of state. I personally think they used all options to use the cash for a couple of months. They don't pay the factory until its registered.
Same here. Purchased out of state in late March, had to go into DMV scheduled appt to get tag transferred after no tag by early June.

CP4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro RS, 2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
I purchased mine 7/8 in NC and I still have not received mine yet being a PA resident.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
It took over two months to get mine but I bought out of state.
Gregj
Sponsored