First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
Here is what Metal cloak had to say about it and about the front outboard shock mounts:
Thank you for asking. They have not started to ship them with the diesel yet so we can not confirm but based on the JL the same kit will work well. The outboard kit are needed with any shocks that are the correct length to keep them from hitting the side of the frame. Your 37’s would actually be the bigger issue for backspacing to keep them out of the upper coil mount. A 4.75” backspace will work well to try and keep the track width in without causing issues.
Sponsored

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
Just for reference if others are looking here. Jeep announced the mopar diesel specific lift kits for the JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator 7/30/2020. The Jeep Performance Parts lift for the Gladiator is Part #: 77072469AC and expected late summer with a Retail of $1495 although for me online pricing is currently showing $1895

July 30, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - For enthusiasts looking to further enhance the off-road capability of their Jeep® Wrangler or Gladiator, Mopar and Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) are introducing new specifically tuned 2-inch lift kits for EcoDiesel-powered Jeep models.

Both lift kits are validated to OEM specs in order to manage the increased vehicle curb weight and to deliver heightened ground clearance and higher approach/departure angles needed for larger tires. Specific features include:
  • Suspension articulation is increased 18 percent from stock for enhanced off-road vehicle capability
  • Larger 2.5-inch-diameter (versus 2-inch-diameter stock) aluminum-body FOX monotube shock absorbers are specifically tuned for increased weight capacity, durability and cooling during off-road conditions
  • Springs are specifically tuned for the diesel-engine application, which optimizes the dynamic performance in all on- and off-road driving conditions
  • Longer front lower control arms (versus stock control arms) offer ideal caster settings, while unique heavy-duty bushings provide improved vehicle control and assist with suspension articulation
  • Direct bolt-on kit requires no drilling, cutting or welding
Each JPP lift kit includes four springs, four FOX shocks, front lower control arms, front and rear stabilizer links, front and rear bump stops, various fasteners and JPP badge, all packaged in a custom, reusable wooden crate with the JPP logo.

The JPP Wrangler lift kit (Part #: 77072399AE) is available for purchase now, while the new JPP Gladiator lift kit (Part #: 77072469AC) will be available in late summer. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for each kit is $1,495.

https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=21887&mid=1

jayqwellin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow (Gobi)
I wonder if a gas JT equipped with this diesel lift kit would have an increased load carrying capability (payload).

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I wonder if a gas JT equipped with this diesel lift kit would have an increased load carrying capability (payload).
Similarly, Will non-diesel owners want the take-off OEM parts from a diesel that gets upgraded? Had not thought about that.

Sponsored

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
Planning on Rock Krawler 3" lift for my JTR EcoDiesel when they release one.
In the meantime, I plan to use a 1.5" spacer, AAL Highline fenders and fender liners to fit the 37s. When I emailed AAL about this to confirm fitment, James Vest replied....

"Here's the situation with our inner fenders for the Diesel. So the whole issue with these, as you may have heard, is the fact that Jeep relocated the window washer jug to just under the brake booster. They also made it very large. I anticipate that most Jeeps with small lift and larger tires are going to rub this reservoir as it is, especially with the sway bar disconnected.

As a company, we had to try and build something ASAP to accommodate the Diesel customers. We will end up offering two options for the diesel.

The first will be a new fender panel that hugs as tight to the window washer jug as possible. This will be mainly for customers with larger lift and bigger tires, or smaller lift and smaller tires, as they would be the least likely to contact the fender with a tire.

The second option will be designed for customers with lower lift and bigger tires or more articulation. This option will consist of our standard JL inner fenders, and a custom fabricated and relocated window washer reservoir.

So far, we have completed one install on a diesel with the first option, and are in the process of moving the new panels into production. We will then quickly begin the design process on the upgraded reservoir option."

Great response, great solutions. Looking forward to their development. Thought I'd post here for those with similar thoughts.

LetzGoState

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I have a JTRD ordered. I had a 2020 JLUR that got totaled. I had a Clayton Overland 2.5 lift on the Wrangler and really liked it. Now looking into lifts for the JTRD, I see there aren't as many options for the diesel and while Clayton says their kit should be just fine, the springs are tuned for a gasser.

I see Rock Krawler has some diesel specific lifts and that Metal Cloak does too. Has anybody installed either of these diesel specific lifts? What have your experiences been? Anybody installed something different that is diesel specific? I was thinking of getting the Rock Krawler Diesel Ultimate Adventure 3" kit and matching that with Falcon aDAPT Piggyback Shocks. Anybody have any experience or lift recommendations?

I'm a weekend warrior, have some 35s I'll probably take off of the JLUR and use until they wear and then get 37s. Road manners are important to me but I do like to do some rock crawling, mudding, etc.

omgoddard

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 DJTR, 2013 JKU
Anybody installed something different that is diesel specific? I was thinking of getting the Rock Krawler Diesel Ultimate Adventure 3" kit and matching that with Falcon aDAPT Piggyback Shocks. Anybody have any experience or lift recommendations?
I've got a RK 3.0 lift on order for my diesel JTR. Should be here in 6ish weeks and I'm going to run some bilstein 5100's on it for now. I know in the past there was some issues w/ RK and Falcons playing nicely...my JK is on RK and Falcons and it rides stiff (adjustments have no effect imo).

I talked to RK the other week and they said the newer Falcons currently being produced should pair just fine w/ their coils. They also suggested some Fox 2.5 adjustable or some Radflo adjustables.

I'm gonna run the bilsteins for now while I wait on the diesel falcon shocks to get in stock this fall.
Sponsored