First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Considering at the least a leveling kit for the front. Not going 35’s until these tires wear out. I do not plan to tow anything, like ever. Unless I move that would be the only time if I do.
My reasons for not lifting is I do not want to deal with suspension components and see early wear out of those parts.

If I put on a leveling kit and later do a lift was the leveling kit waster $$$?
Would I be better off buying a kit that levels it for me? Like 2” front and 1” back kind of thing?

which kit, both for leveling and lifting is best?
Which leveling kit is best ?
Why lift vs just leveling off the front?
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Considering at the least a leveling kit for the front. Not going 35’s until these tires wear out. I do not plan to tow anything, like ever. Unless I move that would be the only time if I do.
My reasons for not lifting is I do not want to deal with suspension components and see early wear out of those parts.

Would I be better off buying a kit that levels it for me? Like 2” front and 1” back kind of thing?

My answers are in bold.

If I put on a leveling kit and later do a lift was the leveling kit waster $$$? Depends what kind of leveling kit you get. if it is basic and only includes coil spacers, and if you reuse the coil spacers with a new lift, it's not really wasted money. If you buy a leveling kit that includes new coil springs, fixed length sway bar links, and shocks, none of those parts will be used with a new lift.

Would I be better off buying a kit that levels it for me? Like 2” front and 1” back kind of thing? That's definitely an option. How level do you want it? 2" front and 1" rear will still leave a little rake. Some guys that do level kits do 1.5" front, 0" rear. Some do 2" front, 0" rear. Some do 2.5" front, 0" rear. If my goal was to be more level, I'd just lift the front and leave the rear alone to keep it more simple. If you want it taller all around, then it sounds like you want a lift.

which kit, both for leveling and lifting is best? Lots of good options out there, not sure I can say one is definitively the best. I went with Clayton for mine because I thought it was one of the best values for the money.

Which leveling kit is best ? Clayton makes a nice one, but it includes front springs that will not be much use if you add a lift later. AEV Makes a nice coil spacer kit, but it's not a leveling kit, it's 2" front and rear. There isn't much difference between the cheaper, lower end leveling kits. Those are just coil spacers, shock extensions, and bumpstop extensions. If those are the parts you're buying, it doesn't really matter who you get them from. If it's a more complete leveling kit with shocks, sway bar links, or other parts, then it can make a difference. You might want a BDS leveling kit over a Rough Country leveling kit because of what you've heard about BDS shocks.

Why lift vs just leveling off the front? If you want more height all around instead of just lift in the front.

OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
My answers are in bold.

If I put on a leveling kit and later do a lift was the leveling kit waster $$$? Depends what kind of leveling kit you get. if it is basic and only includes coil spacers, and if you reuse the coil spacers with a new lift, it's not really wasted money. If you buy a leveling kit that includes new coil springs, fixed length sway bar links, and shocks, none of those parts will be used with a new lift.

Would I be better off buying a kit that levels it for me? Like 2” front and 1” back kind of thing? That's definitely an option. How level do you want it? 2" front and 1" rear will still leave a little rake. Some guys that do level kits do 1.5" front, 0" rear. Some do 2" front, 0" rear. Some do 2.5" front, 0" rear. If my goal was to be more level, I'd just lift the front and leave the rear alone to keep it more simple. If you want it taller all around, then it sounds like you want a lift.

which kit, both for leveling and lifting is best? Lots of good options out there, not sure I can say one is definitively the best. I went with Clayton for mine because I thought it was one of the best values for the money.

Which leveling kit is best ? Clayton makes a nice one, but it includes front springs that will not be much use if you add a lift later. AEV Makes a nice coil spacer kit, but it's not a leveling kit, it's 2" front and rear. There isn't much difference between the cheaper, lower end leveling kits. Those are just coil spacers, shock extensions, and bumpstop extensions. If those are the parts you're buying, it doesn't really matter who you get them from. If it's a more complete leveling kit with shocks, sway bar links, or other parts, then it can make a difference. You might want a BDS leveling kit over a Rough Country leveling kit because of what you've heard about BDS shocks.

Why lift vs just leveling off the front? If you want more height all around instead of just lift in the front.
Thank you. Yeah I think based o. Just your answer so far I might look into a more complete leveling kit.

That was my big concern is to spend money and just toss parts later.

Main Line Willys

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
I would look at the @Clayton Off Road leveling kit. It is a pretty complete kit that can be upgraded later.

I was going to go with just there leveling kit, but I ended up with their 1.5 riderite instead.

I know I need a better pic…
Jeep Gladiator Lift, leveling…help me out IMG_0024

OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager

Sponsored

OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
awesome, and then How/ what am i looking to get to upgrade? looking for 1-2" max over all. 3 is acceptable but not the goal unless it is simpler to upgrade it.
sorry for all the noob questions. I've never done a lift on any truck. I wont be installing this, a shop will be. Also, dumb question, I'm assuming this would void any warranty on suspension components?
If so, would a mopar lift, installed by the dealer also void any suspension warranty?

I really do not want a lot of lift. 1-2" is good. If i ever got 35's it will be after the 33's run down.

so the lift will be on long before the tires get upgraded.

Saltymedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport Eco-d
Occupation
Retired Fire-Medic

I'm going to keep it simple for you. You're the perfect candidate for this...

Buy the Mopar 2" and enjoy!

OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
I'm going to keep it simple for you. You're the perfect candidate for this...

Buy the Mopar 2" and enjoy!
what makes me "the perfect candidate?" asking questions trying to learn about the options? I know crap about lifts. Despite working on cars and trucks for myself since 1997 I've never done anything with lifts. I dont want top spend the $$ on a crap lift and regret it. Learning, asking is the only way to get there.

Sponsored

Deadpool392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR, 2010 Rescue Green JKU
what makes me "the perfect candidate?" asking questions trying to learn about the options? I know crap about lifts. Despite working on cars and trucks for myself since 1997 I've never done anything with lifts. I dont want top spend the $$ on a crap lift and regret it. Learning, asking is the only way to get there.
I think what is meant is this; It is what you are looking for with regards to height and not voiding the warranty. The MOPAR lift kits, installed by the dealership, retain the full factory warranty. If you bought an extended warranty, are concerned with suspension modifications voiding your 3/36 factory warranty, and since you are going to have it installed by a shop, the MOPAR lift will fit your needs.

Clayton offroad makes great products, I definitely recommend them if you are looking for aftermarket lift kits. Metalcloak, Rock Krawler, and Teraflex also make great products. The sky is the limit when it comes to lifts, both in height and cost, so take some time to figure out what you want.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
So many variables here and they all depends on your use case.

If its a Rubicon I'd just level the front. Those will swallow 35s at stock height.

If you know you want to lift it later (you off road or just want to lift it for cool factor...) then you can do it now but its gonna look like you skipped leg day for a while. Front spacer kit in the interim won't be a big loss.

I have a Teraflex leveling kit in the front of my Sport (its just a set of spacers). Works fine. I did NOT want to alter my springs or shocks. I custom ordered a Max Tow for myself as I wanted the high payload capacity. Wasn't going to start throwing away parts when I bought what I needed to begin with.

But also I don't wheel a lot and so stock Rubi 33s on a nearly stock height truck does what I need. Occasional towing and a bunch of hauling junk around in the bed.

OP
OP
starrskream

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
I think what is meant is this; It is what you are looking for with regards to height and not voiding the warranty. The MOPAR lift kits, installed by the dealership, retain the full factory warranty. If you bought an extended warranty, are concerned with suspension modifications voiding your 3/36 factory warranty, and since you are going to have it installed by a shop, the MOPAR lift will fit your needs.

Clayton offroad makes great products, I definitely recommend them if you are looking for aftermarket lift kits. Metalcloak, Rock Krawler, and Teraflex also make great products. The sky is the limit when it comes to lifts, both in height and cost, so take some time to figure out what you want.
does the mopar lift level the front as well?

Deadpool392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR, 2010 Rescue Green JKU
I don’t believe so, but I do not have the MOPAR lift. I believe it retains the factory rake, you could add spacers to the front to level it out though. I have the Clayton 3.5 Overland lift, it does level out my Gladiator.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
It does not level the front.

It has fixed length lower arms, fixed length front sway bar links, and it includes shocks. Those parts are designed for the lift height it provides out of the box. You can add coil spacers in the front, but now the front shocks will be slightly too short. The front sway bar links will be a little too short. The lower control arms will be a little too short and you might not have enough caster for it to drive straight without wandering. The front axle will be more off center and it might be to the point it bothers you enough to need a new adjustable track bar.

If you want it level, I don't think the Mopar kit is a good base to start with. You can get a entry level lift from Clayton, MetalCloak, Evo, Rock Krawler for about the same price as the Mopar lift. And you'll have adjustable parts that can accommodate height changes if you want to change the rake.

As for warranty, a lift voids the warranty on the parts you swap and anything that fails because of the lift. In my opinion, there is not much risk here.
Sponsored