Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Toyota Landcruiser 79
Occupation
Director
Hey team,

I have a 22 Gladiator with a 3.5 inch lift on 37's. I've recently had to replace a windscreen (which is the correct serial number) and can't get the ACC/DASM to reset. It's been into the dealer a handful of time trying. I've even put low profile tires on the original rims getting it to within 1 inch of original height at the front and 2 inches of original height at the rear.

Has anybody been through this? Is it the height, the process of replacing the windscreen and setting the camera or something else?

Here's some photos for a laugh....

Jeep Gladiator Lifted, new windscreen and problems resetting adaptive cruise control Jeep 2
Jeep Gladiator Lifted, new windscreen and problems resetting adaptive cruise control Jeep 1
Sponsored

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I gotta ask but why didnā€™t you just deflate the larger tires? Is driving part of the calibration process?

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
Probably not getting the target correctly positioned. With my experience with those kind of systems I would say that the bumper is probably getting in the way of the target being where it was supposed to be. Also the lightbar I would say is probably not helping with the programming.

OP
OP

brandon_nz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Director
I gotta ask but why didnā€™t you just deflate the larger tires? Is driving part of the calibration process?
Correct, needs to be driven around 50mph around a typical traffic environment.

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
I don't have this system on my gladiator but im slightly confused because I thought the camera and radar assembly are attached to the body of the vehicle and not on the windshield like on other vehicles. Unless the new windshield itself is blocking the camera and radar I cant see any other reason why it would stop working.

Sponsored

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I don't have this system on my gladiator but im slightly confused because I thought the camera and radar assembly are attached to the body of the vehicle and not on the windshield like on other vehicles. Unless the new windshield itself is blocking the camera and radar I cant see any other reason why it would stop working.
The ACC is in a block in front of rear view mirror. This is a easy to see pic of where it is when you put down the windshield. Jeep gives you a cover for it when you do that. Bumpers, grills, etc get switched out so much it would be a bad idea to put it there.

Maybe the light bar causes some issues?

Jeep Gladiator Lifted, new windscreen and problems resetting adaptive cruise control 206CE964-9CD4-44F7-BB7D-074A161BCDC9

Advntrbound

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
If you have a Safelite Auto Glass nearby, go ask them. They are Glass experts and have the tools to recalibrate it.

OP
OP

brandon_nz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Director
Probably not getting the target correctly positioned. With my experience with those kind of systems I would say that the bumper is probably getting in the way of the target being where it was supposed to be. Also the lightbar I would say is probably not helping with the programming.
Appreciate your help. The light bar was removed and the
Thanks for your help, appreciated. The bumper isn't in the view and the light bar was removed but definitely good points.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Unless the installer bumped the unit, or the glass is not clean and clear, the ACC should work after a windshield change. The glass companies recommend a calibration, and insurance usually covers the cost, but it has been reported multiple times as not being necessary.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
If it is in warranty, and the dealer cannot get it to function, they should be working with Jeep to get the components replaced under warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP

brandon_nz

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Director
Unless the installer bumped the unit, or the glass is not clean and clear, the ACC should work after a windshield change. The glass companies recommend a calibration, and insurance usually covers the cost, but it has been reported multiple times as not being necessary.
Thanks, appreciate it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
These don't use targeting.

If you have a Safelite Auto Glass nearby, go ask them. They are Glass experts and have the tools to recalibrate it.
All that's needed is a tablet or laptop and a password. No special tools.

Lifts and a change in the rake can cause trouble. There's a measurement that is taken from a specific point on the frame to the ground and that's entered into the computer when calibrating if it's not at stock spec or within a certain range. Changing the rake (like leveling) or lifting can throw things off.

Yes. Like said, a tablet or laptop is "connected", a password entered, it needs to connect to the internet to verify the password. Then the truck is driven and it calibrates ITSELF by following the instructions on the screen - driving it in non-rainy weather, etc.
No targets, no tools, nothing special is needed, not even flat or level ground.
And if the vehicle is stock, a normal windshield replacement won't normally cause any issues.
My 2020 got a new windshield and there was no calibration.
The second time, the windshield was put in and the guy said "it's included, no extra charge, these are easy" so I said go for it. (besides, it was traded in on my 2022 less than a week later)

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hey team,

I have a 22 Gladiator with a 3.5 inch lift on 37's. I've recently had to replace a windscreen (which is the correct serial number) and can't get the ACC/DASM to reset. It's been into the dealer a handful of time trying. I've even put low profile tires on the original rims getting it to within 1 inch of original height at the front and 2 inches of original height at the rear.

Has anybody been through this? Is it the height, the process of replacing the windscreen and setting the camera or something else?

Here's some photos for a laugh....

Jeep Gladiator Lifted, new windscreen and problems resetting adaptive cruise control 206CE964-9CD4-44F7-BB7D-074A161BCDC9
That did make me laugh. Hope you get it resolved........ That's funny stuff right there though.
Sponsored