Lifting, Leveling, what should I do?

neebaum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary
If you’re sticking with 33s the. I recommend just a leveling kit. 33s on a 2 in lift looks weird.

if you go 35s then either do a 2in Mopar lift, if you plan on doing some intermediate off-road trailing. If you’re just going to do light off roading then I would recommend the daystar 2in spacer lift.

I personally went with a 2 in mopar and 35s and I was able to do every trail in Beasley Knob except 93b. Only regret... which I would have gone to 37s lol

C2DE1DA3-6229-4613-A63A-BE7F1B67CE2D.jpeg

07BB879D-1670-4AC3-A20A-00B547850069.jpeg
Did you have to put spacers on with the stock wheels? If so, what size/brand? Any rubbing? Thanks.
Sponsored

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Did you have to put spacers on with the stock wheels? If so, what size/brand? Any rubbing? Thanks.
I didn.t need spacer. I have no rubbing.

But the shop that i did my lift with did tell that they have done 2 Overlands (on stock rim overland) that required spacers because 35 12.50 rubbed in the rear.

Hope that helps.

neebaum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary
I didn.t need spacer. I have no rubbing.

But the shop that i did my lift with did tell that they have done 2 Overlands (on stock rim overland) that required spacers because 35 12.50 rubbed in the rear.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. I wonder if the Terflex 1.5" leveling kit on a Rubicon with stock wheels will require spacers. Anyone know? Thanks again.

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
What size tire are you going with?

Sponsored

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Looks great, best $60 you’ve spent so far I bet...
Yup, nice affordable "bridge" to a full lift. When it's time to replace the 285s with 315s or 35s I will probably go to a full lift, but until then I am pretty happy with the level.

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Still kicking around this idea... can’t decide on the level or daystar 2” lift... I am really thinking about adding either the falcon shocks or fox shocks as well... but I will be towing heavy some so I don’t want to lose the benefit of my max tow option which I had to have at original purchase....

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Still kicking around this idea... can’t decide on the level or daystar 2” lift... I am really thinking about adding either the falcon shocks or fox shocks as well... but I will be towing heavy some so I don’t want to lose the benefit of my max tow option which I had to have at original purchase....
To me the biggest part of the MaxTow benefit is the wider axles, and 4.10 gear ratio. You would not lose that. Plus the Daystar 2" kit rear spacer is much smaller than the front so higher bumpstops and shock extensions are not even required in the rear. It's near-stock with a little cushion out back.

I've been looking at Daystar 2" as well for a fallback plan if I don't go 2" Mopar. Then possibly adding Fox upgrade front-only shocks that are rated 2 - 3", and keeping stock shocks in rear since the rear lift is less on that kit.:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...performance-series-ifp-shock-front-2-3in-lift

I'd look at Falcon shocks but they seem to only come in sets of 4. The Daystar kit lifts the front 2", but the rear somewhat less so I think a 2" lift Falcon set might technically be too long in the rear. (but I'm no suspension guru)

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Say I just went with the daystar level would I even really notice a difference in the back if the back was just lifted .75 or even an 1” from the full daystar 2” lift? Also adding the fox shocks...

Just curious if it will be worth it to do the whole set up vs the level. If I would even really notice it I’m the rear... still running a 35” tire.

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
The Daystar 1.5 kit put my Sport S dead level, maybe .5 inch rake left at most.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’m trying to see if I would see any real benefit from the slight rear lift that’s included in the daystar lift... if it’s minimal why should I waste the money???? And just do the front level... and add the rubicon fox shocks and components or do the components matter???

Rebornfungus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Say I just went with the daystar level would I even really notice a difference in the back if the back was just lifted .75 or even an 1” from the full daystar 2” lift? Also adding the fox shocks...

Just curious if it will be worth it to do the whole set up vs the level. If I would even really notice it I’m the rear... still running a 35” tire.
I just bought a rubi take-off, but I really like the Sport ride. I keep reading that the rubicon ride is stiffer and floats more on the road so I’m considering doing something similar... getting the Daystar 1.5 level. The Fox shocks seem a lot longer than the Sport. Do you know if you’ll still needed to use the shock extenders on the Fox shocks with the Daystar 1.5?

Zebago

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ8, 2020 JT Rubicon, White
So the daystar 2” lifts and levels? I thought it was 2” on both the front and the rear? I’m debating on keeping the rake so when I run a rack and RTT it will sit level.

Is there a noticeable difference between the kits that use non-metal vs metal spring spacers?