DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
This is what I have come up with... adding a front 2.5 level and a rear 3/4 spacer to achieve the height I want and the level. Also adding the rubicon fox shocks but keeping my max tow springs... thoughts?

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
This is what I have come up with... adding a front 2.5 level and a rear 3/4 spacer to achieve the height I want and the level. Also adding the rubicon fox shocks but keeping my max tow springs... thoughts?
I'll be watching this closely. I have ordered a 2.5" leveling kit for my truck as well. Currently it's sitting on Rubi springs and shocks all the way around but I did keep my Max Tow springs in case I need to put them back in the rear once I start towing the boat again in the spring. I didn't tow any before swapping in the Rubi parts.

I will say that I don't personally think the Rubi springs ride any worse than the Max Tow springs but they may compress more once the boat is hooked up. The tongue weight shouldn't be that much of an issue even with the Rubi springs though because the Rubicon is rated for +/- 6K lbs.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Thanks for the info. I wonder if the Terflex 1.5" leveling kit on a Rubicon with stock wheels will require spacers. Anyone know? Thanks again.
I installed the 1.5 Daystar leveling kit on my Rubi and I am rubbing on the driver's side at full lock to the left. I'm running stock LE wheels with 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks.

Ray Howrad

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/ Tow Package
Finally got around to putting the 1.5 spacers in, took about an hour and a half....
20191010_142825.jpg
20191010_142817.jpg
Looks perfect. I want to do the same. Any tips for install or is it straight forward?

Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
New to the jeep world. All I want to do is get rid of the rake on the front end. Is that what a leveling kit would do?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
New to the jeep world. All I want to do is get rid of the rake on the front end. Is that what a leveling kit would do?
The Overland has a lot of rake. I'm also looking to level and a local shop said "leveling kit, bring it by and we'll look"
I don't want it LEVEL, but some of the rake taken out because I WILL tow and likely have a tongue weight of 400-450 pounds when hooked up.
So I guess if I hang a 500 pound weight on the hitch I'd see how it would sit with a trailer on it and go from there LOL

QUESTION about LEVELING - don't you have to have the PITCH sensing re-calibrated after leveling? I mean with the truck sitting on perfectly level ground that gauge reads zero (0)
If you level the truck - say lift the front 1" but not the back, the sensor is no longer level and would read some pitch, correct?????
If you raise the front 1 degree then your pitch gauge will read 1 degree even on level ground - can those be re-calibrated?

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Looks perfect. I want to do the same. Any tips for install or is it straight forward?
Pretty straight forward, just make sure your jack stands have enough height to get enough axle droop.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, update on leveling - one shop said if they do it, it's 450 for the kit, labor and alignment.

But..........today I did a test and not only discovered the reason for the Overland's wild rake - I discovered this thing could well be trouble for my towing....... more on that in a different post. Yikes is all I can say - a test with simulated tongue weight had the back of that baby begging for mercy and my headlights aiming up. Those springs are wimps.
Looks like no leveling for me unless I want to look like the Beverly Hillbillies truck or something.

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Yes, the leveling kit will remove the rake. I added the 1 inch puck to the front of my Rubicon and I added a Daystar 3/4 inch puck to the rear to level mine out. The Teraflex Leveling kit comes with a 1 inch and a 1/2 inch puck for the front that can be stacked. I don’t have a winch so I only used the 1 inch. We leveled Tri-Jab’s JT and used the 1 inch and the 1/2 Inch pucks in the front since he will be installing a winch and the 3/4 inch puck in the rear. There are pics of both of our JTs here on the site.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Thanks for the info. I wonder if the Terflex 1.5" leveling kit on a Rubicon with stock wheels will require spacers. Anyone know? Thanks again.
I have the stock Rubicon wheels with 35 inch tires, 1 inch Teraflex leveling puck in the front and a 3/4 Daystar puck in the rear and I have no rubbing.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
NOT saying don't do it - but you may want to ask - will you be towing, what will your tongue weight be and will you be hauling anything heavy - before you remove rake on an OVERLAND (Rubicon and max tow Sport S likely fine)
I did a test - simulated a tongue weight of 400 or so pounds, that's nuttin' really, and dropped the back of my truck like a rock - dropped the rear bumper 4" full inches and that's not even with anything in the bed and hauling a light aluminum trailer.
So if you remove the rake - and you tow, may want to experiment?
I sure did want to take SOME of the rake out of mine until I did this test and found how wimpy the Overland springs are. I think I am in big trouble and may end up trading after-all, a hell of an expensive learning event.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...tongue-weight-yikes-no-wonder-the-rake.25619/

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
Any one have the daystar 2 inch leveling on their overland?

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I should be getting my JTR in a few weeks. I really don't plan on doing anything lift/tire wise until it needs new tires...but I like to plan ahead =P

So...in my last two Wranglers, I have just gone with 2" budget lift (both Rubicon Express) and largets tire I could git on stock rims (~33" tires). Both the TJ adn TK did require a small washer on the steering stop bolt.

With the JTR, I would like to do something similar...but would like to keep the factory wheels. Judging from the various threads i think I should be ok going with a 2" "budget" lift from likes of Daystar, RE, etc and 35s.? No rubbing or need for wheel spacers, washers?

Thanks,

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
I should be getting my JTR in a few weeks. I really don't plan on doing anything lift/tire wise until it needs new tires...but I like to plan ahead =P

So...in my last two Wranglers, I have just gone with 2" budget lift (both Rubicon Express) and largets tire I could git on stock rims (~33" tires). Both the TJ adn TK did require a small washer on the steering stop bolt.

With the JTR, I would like to do something similar...but would like to keep the factory wheels. Judging from the various threads i think I should be ok going with a 2" "budget" lift from likes of Daystar, RE, etc and 35s.? No rubbing or need for wheel spacers, washers?

Thanks,
I did 285/75r18 on stock wheels and no rubbing at all. Well, until I flex. I'm getting g the 2inch budget boost (daystar not really budget)
Sponsored