First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Max Tow
Occupation
Restaurateur
I am trying to order a 2022 Max Tow, after my 2021 was just totaled in a hit and run. The dealer has told me that several options aren’t available, and likely reason is that Jeep is getting ready to switch from 22 to 23 production years. I have read about no black wheels with cold weather group, that doesn’t seem to be an issue on my build sheet. But no Led, headliner, spray in bedliner, black satin grill, or dual top.
Anyone have any insight? I’m eager to order my next gladiator, but maybe I should wait for 2023’s. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
I have a 22 Sport S with Max tow. When I ordered (12-21), I was told I could not order black wheels with cold weather group. The Jeep site would let me, but the actual order system would not. Never got a good explanation why and other guys had the same issue. I went with cold weather as I figured I would eventually change out the wheels anyway. I was able to get the bed liner with no issues. Didn’t ask about the other options as I did not feel I needed them.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I am trying to order a 2022 Max Tow, after my 2021 was just totaled in a hit and run. The dealer has told me that several options aren’t available, and likely reason is that Jeep is getting ready to switch from 22 to 23 production years. I have read about no black wheels with cold weather group, that doesn’t seem to be an issue on my build sheet. But no Led, headliner, spray in bedliner, black satin grill, or dual top.
Anyone have any insight? I’m eager to order my next gladiator, but maybe I should wait for 2023’s. Thoughts?
2023 will most likely hit the lots by July, since it’s not that far away you might be better off waiting

Sigz

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I'm trying to build a Sport S and I can't even click the 8 speed auto trans. It's only allowing the manual tranny/ diesel / or turbo.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I'm trying to build a Sport S and I can't even click the 8 speed auto trans. It's only allowing the manual tranny/ diesel / or turbo.
And on the Wrangler side, it's the other way around. Folks can't buy manuals at all right now until MY23.

Sponsored

Gryphon

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Max Tow
I have a 22 Sport S with Max tow. When I ordered (12-21), I was told I could not order black wheels with cold weather group. The Jeep site would let me, but the actual order system would not. Never got a good explanation why and other guys had the same issue. I went with cold weather as I figured I would eventually change out the wheels anyway. I was able to get the bed liner with no issues. Didn’t ask about the other options as I did not feel I needed them.
Don't know why you were told that. I ordered my Sport S max tow March 8th, with both cold weather group, and black wheels. Took delivery March 18th from the dealer.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Don't know why you were told that. I ordered my Sport S max tow March 8th, with both cold weather group, and black wheels. Took delivery March 18th from the dealer.
For a while, you couldn't. The options change seemingly weekly.

Gryphon

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Max Tow
For a while, you couldn't. The options change seemingly weekly.
Gotcha, didn't know prior to sitting down with my salesman that it was that crazy, I've seen multiple others say the same thing about the black wheels and cold weather group and i never could understand the correlation between those two options.

Sponsored

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
Are there any details on 2023 changes/models?

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Are 23's getting the straight 6 or is that for 24?

NVM no confirmation yet it's going on JT / JL at this point sounds like

OP
OP

Mabrams

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Max Tow
Occupation
Restaurateur
Do we anticipate a price hike for 2023? I’ve waited this long, a couple more months seems doable, but hopefully don’t have to pay too much more.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Do we anticipate a price hike for 2023? I’ve waited this long, a couple more months seems doable, but hopefully don’t have to pay too much more.
Look at the price of everything else. There were multiple price hikes during MY22 alone. MY23 is definitely gonna be a price hike. Especially if the MY changeover so much earlier than last year is to add AEB in all models for compliance purposes like rumored.

That being said I think MY23 delivering in July is tight. They are taking Gobi orders through June, and thats not gonna be a color that stretches over years. Figure bare minimum all Gobis are produced by mid july, couple day turnover, ramp up mid July in production. Maybe dealers within trucking only distance will see MY23s in super late July, but for everyone else it's gonna be mid august.

OP
OP

Mabrams

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Max Tow
Occupation
Restaurateur
Oof, thanks for the reply. Decisions, decisions…
Sponsored