First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
What's the sauce on MY23 coming out so soon? You couldn't even order MY22s until November or December last year IIRC.
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
What's the sauce on MY23 coming out so soon? You couldn't even order MY22s until November or December last year IIRC.
I ordered a MY22 in october and took it home december 14th.

The supposed source is a leak based on Jeep adding AEB for the 23MY for compliance reasons.

That being said, new model year for a carryover year not arriving until December is more the oddity than a new MY arriving in July (though I still think it will be August based on the Gobi color being limited to orders March-June leaves me to believe they'll still be producing 22 in at least mid July)

CluelessRufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None (shopping)
Iā€™m in the process of ordering a ā€˜22 Mojave. I was also told no dual-top or bed liner (or hard top headliner), but they did allow the LED light upgrade. I guess weā€™ll see what happens when he tries to submit the order today. No LEDs would be a deal breaker for me.

Salesperson also told me itā€™s due to model year switching over. He said ā€˜23 orders should open up in July. I didnā€™t want to wait.

Iā€™ve also seen rumors of a $2k price increase, partially due to mandatory emergency braking system on the ā€˜23s. Totally hearsay, but sounds plausible.

nickd

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Bright White
i dont understand why people are ordering Gladiators and waiting for months. There are 10+ gladiators sitting on 4 different dealer lots in 35 mile radius of my house.

I paid $56k for a well optioned White Rubi, sitting on dealer lot (i was fortunate enough to find one with a build date before the last price increase, so that contributed to the savings).

If you are looking at a premium color, Gobi, Sting Ray, Snazzberry then maybe you will want to go the ordering route. Other than that do some research (search on Autotrader) call a bunch of dealers and make a deal.

The price will continue to go up so I highly recommend not waiting.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
i dont understand why people are ordering Gladiators and waiting for months. There are 10+ gladiators sitting on 4 different dealer lots in 35 mile radius of my house.

I paid $56k for a well optioned White Rubi, sitting on dealer lot (i was fortunate enough to find one with a build date before the last price increase, so that contributed to the savings).

If you are looking at a premium color, Gobi, Sting Ray, Snazzberry then maybe you will want to go the ordering route. Other than that do some research (search on Autotrader) call a bunch of dealers and make a deal.

The price will continue to go up so I highly recommend not waiting.
People order because they can get exactly what they want for less than lot price. There's a price to pay for "instant gratification", and it usually involves some level of regret later in addition to the price difference.

Sponsored

nickd

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Bright White
There's a price to pay for "instant gratification", and it usually involves some level of regret later in addition to the price difference.
Great thought, but its not true. Because of the price increase the Rubicon I purchased would have cost me $2k more if I ordered then what I got it for sitting on a dealer lot.

I got LED, Cold Weather, Tow Package, Leather, Steel Bumper, Gorilla Glass, Auto (4.10s), painted fenders and hard top.

The only options I didnt get that I wanted were trail cam and safety packages.

Last edited:

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I ordered a MY22 in october and took it home december 14th.

The supposed source is a leak based on Jeep adding AEB for the 23MY for compliance reasons.

That being said, new model year for a carryover year not arriving until December is more the oddity than a new MY arriving in July (though I still think it will be August based on the Gobi color being limited to orders March-June leaves me to believe they'll still be producing 22 in at least mid July)
That makes sense. I ordered my '21 in September just before they closed ordering on that MY.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Great thought, but its not true. Because of the price increase the Rubicon I purchased would have cost me $2k more if I ordered then what I got it for sitting on a dealer lot.

I got LED, Cold Weather, Tow Package, Leather, Steel Bumper, Gorilla Glass, Auto (4.10s).

I bought off the lot. I kind of wish I ordered. Mine is almost exactly what I wanted. A manual nacho Rubicon with steel bumpers, CWP, LEDs, bed liner, proximity. But if I'd have ordered, I'd have gotten the safety packages, dual top group, and half-doors. This is all prohibitively expensive or not doable after the fact. Of course, look on the lot first, but a lot of uncommon options are only available if you order.

Sponsored

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Force Contractor

I got LED, Cold Weather, Tow Package, Leather, Steel Bumper, Gorilla Glass, Auto (4.10s).

Some of us are pickier than others. Also, no dealer near me would offer a Gladiator for anywhere near MSRP when I was buying. By ordering I got exactly what I wanted AND saved over $10,000 versus buying what I wanted locally, which didn't exist anyway.

I looked at all the gladiators within 25 miles of you. There is one that fits my two requirements(4.10 and manual) on a lot, and it has almost none of the options I wanted and was a color I do not like.

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
People order because they can get exactly what they want for less than lot price. There's a price to pay for "instant gratification", and it usually involves some level of regret later in addition to the price difference.
Especially if you're looking for a stick. When I ordered mine there were only a handful of sticks on lots within 100 miles of me, and none in colors I liked.

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
AND saved over $10,000 versus buying what I wanted locally
I agree with your point but I'm not following this bit...the dealer let a customer order go for a cheaper price than a unit he had on hand? If anything, I would have expected the opposite...?

CluelessRufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None (shopping)
I agree with your point but I'm not following this bit...the dealer let a customer order go for a cheaper price than a unit he had on hand? If anything, I would have expected the opposite...?
I can confirm this. Custom orders on Jeeps are the best deals out there right now. I got a quote for 6% under invoice for my custom order (search for other threads here to find dealerships offering this). The salesperson said he could not make the same deal for trucks on the lot. Which is fine by me, because I prefer to custom order and get exactly what I want. Also, Iā€™m guaranteed no one has farted in my seat. :)

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
When I ordered lot prices were over MSRP and local dealerships were allowing orders AT MSRP. I ordered from Gupton, thus saving huge versus buying off the lot.
Sponsored