Living with a Gladiator every day

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I yearn for the day's I can just go off in a ditch to get out of backed up traffic or jump a curb if I need to there's been several times this month I've cussed at my wife and was like " if only I had the fuckin gladiator by now we could go around this junk"
Sponsored

Aljeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
  • Premium soft top wind noise - I take a lot of phone calls when I drive. Does anyone have experience with the latest generation of Jeeps and their noise canceling tech inside? Is it going to sound like I'm in a storm or will it be tolerable for phone calls?
Ha, loud as hell. Get a hardtop if you want to to talk. Even with the hardtop its a good deal noisier than just about any other vehicle. That's just the price you pay for removable top/windshield/doors + the anti-aerodynamic vehicle shape... and if you get giant tires with aggressive tread, those add even more noise.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I passed on the gladiator due to the rear space. Will your two kids fit, yes. Will it be enough space to be comfortable? The answer for me is no. I also have two kids in car seats. Unfortunately, I had to pass on the gladiator. Ended up in a trail boss and have no regrets. Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

8EBD0B02-57BA-4683-AB47-3948CF32B008.jpeg
@LeadUtensil NO!!!!!!

mnhillyer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1983 Scrambler
Let's talk every day stuff. I've owned a few SUVs in the past and years ago I had an F150. This is my first modern Jeep product ( I drove an old Grand Cherokee Chief in high school decades ago). Given the length of this thing, as an every day vehicle, have you guys given any thought to:

• Parking spots. Will it fit in a regular old spot in the lot or is it gonna stick out a few feet in the back?
  • U-Turns. I know nothing about the turning radius. What should I expect it to compare to? I hate making 3-point U-turns and the thought of it here in SoCal traffic gives me anxiety.
  • Child seats - With two kids I plan to have an infant seat and a booster in the back. The infant seats are huge and even in our Land Rover discovery I can't get comfortable in the driver seat if it's behind me. What are your thoughts on the depth of rear seats?
  • Premium soft top wind noise - I take a lot of phone calls when I drive. Does anyone have experience with the latest generation of Jeeps and their noise canceling tech inside? Is it going to sound like I'm in a storm or will it be tolerable for phone calls?
  • How's the cup holder situation? Are they nice and tight and grippy?

I know, I know, but all the waiting is killing me.
The Bluetooth noise cancelling works really well. I have a JL and often talk on my phone via Bluetooth with the top off and windows down (not interstate speeds though). I have asked about the noise with whomever I am talking and no one has any issues with extra noise. With the top on its even better! I have the regular soft top and it seems just about as quiet as the hardtop.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
You seem to be confused...this is, maybe, the best thing about a soft top in the rain
He’s obviously not married with kids!
Ha, loud as hell. Get a hardtop if you want to to talk. Even with the hardtop its a good deal noisier than just about any other vehicle. That's just the price you pay for removable top/windshield/doors + the anti-aerodynamic vehicle shape... and if you get giant tires with aggressive tread, those add even more noise.
This works for me just fine, when the whining and bickering takes over in our car I just turn the music up. Loud controlled noise is welcome by me. lol

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
I haven't owned a Wrangler/Gladiator yet maybe I am not used to it yet. Don't you get +2 points on the Jeep Wave scale if you have your top off in the rain?
Some are amused by the Jeep Wave Scale....but I’m mostly just annoyed that anyone took the time to create an arbitrary hierarchy. Wave when you see a Jeep. We aren’t union members...we’re a family.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
How weather resistant is the interior and the electronics? I like the idea of being able to go topless, but it's not unusual to get a 15 minute downpour in the middle of a 90+ degree day here in Iowa.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
As I told my dauther, dam it's a jeep, as for cup holders, what ever happened to red solo cup? I fill half with ice, a good dose of vodka, some juice, tilt to the sky. I have found after doing that 4 times she no longer was no longer scared.

Wormzilla4u

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Construction Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I passed on the gladiator due to the rear space. Will your two kids fit, yes. Will it be enough space to be comfortable? The answer for me is no. I also have two kids in car seats. Unfortunately, I had to pass on the gladiator. Ended up in a trail boss and have no regrets. Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

8EBD0B02-57BA-4683-AB47-3948CF32B008.jpeg
You passed on a Gladiator for a work truck? Lol.. looks like a base truck ready for graphics and toolbox sides

Sponsored

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
You passed on a Gladiator for a work truck? Lol.. looks like a base truck ready for graphics and toolbox sides
I actually really like this trim level on the new Silverado. It's a Custom Trail Boss. Nice value for options and you get the off road goodies to go with it. The new Silverados are HUGE though! I don't envy parking those beasts.

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Don't take a chance! My JLU Sahara got left in the rain last year while being serviced, and needless to say, by the time i traded it in for a JLU Rubicon, they were still waiting on the 8.4 inch replacement radio!

P90Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch Edition, 2011 JKU Rubicon
How weather resistant is the interior and the electronics? I like the idea of being able to go topless, but it's not unusual to get a 15 minute downpour in the middle of a 90+ degree day here in Iowa.
I saw a review somewhere (can't recall) but the reviewer said that if you close the vents on the dash you can actually hose it off. The screen is enclosed in a waterproof enclosure. I'm guessing rain wouldn't be a challenge if that is true.
Sponsored