Looking for opinions on tonneau cover

Elwood Hydro Blues

First Name
Elwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I did the rough country your link goes to-love it. The instructions are vague-did 4 install/uninstall/reinstall cycles over the course of 2 hours. once dialed in it is good-and I tried defeating the locks with various things, screw drivers etc. and couldn’t do it. But then it took 4 try’s to get right. Put your wx strip as far rearward as possible for best result.

i used the clamps since I don’t have the trail rails-so this makes for alittle extra tinkering.

it’s good. If I want the whole bed I can have it out in a few minutes-just 2 bolts to undo.

can’t say if it’s better or worse than others, but for the price point for the features seemed reasonable.
Sponsored

ColaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Ho hard is it to remove the retractable ones. I was focused on tri told since had that on my ram 1500, and my son and I could remove it (except for the rails in about 2 minutes. 5 minutes to put back on.
I honestly couldn’t tell you how easy it is to remove. I’ve never had the need to remove any of my covers. I will say that this seems like a more permanent solution not intended to be removed a lot. With the top rolled into the canister I imagine it would be fairly easy. There are also drain tubes from the box out the front of the bed to let any water drain. I still contend that this is the most elegant looking solution. I’ve never been a fan of flip covers that block the entire rear window. The roll up ones, like I said, are junk in my opinion. My local accessories dealer told me that he’s even stopped selling them because of all the warranty claims.

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
I've had the Bak 4Xs roll up going on 3 years and it's been a great cover. So much so, my son bought one for his Ram 1500. I like that when I roll it up, it doesn't block my rearview nor take up a ton of bed space. The other thing I like is how they took care of me on a warranty issue.

Bak 2 (2).jpg

BAK 4Xs closed.jpg

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I've had the Bak 4Xs roll up going on 3 years and it's been a great cover. So much so, my son bought one for his Ram 1500. I like that when I roll it up, it doesn't block my rearview nor take up a ton of bed space. The other thing I like is how they took care of me on a warranty issue.

Bak 2 (2).jpg

BAK 4Xs closed.jpg
Same here. They were so nice that they sent me two replacements LOL. I sent one back.
I really do like this cover.

OP, whatever you decide, send @RealTruck a DM and they will get you the best price!

maninblak

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
UAW
I first bought an Amazon tri fold. I was convinced that was the way to go. Once I got and used it for a few days, I hated it. It leaked like crazy, wasn't a fan of the appearance of sitting on top of the bed. Also, was a p.i.t.a. to fold and/or remove. The clamp systems on these kinda suck. Sent it back, bought the truxedo pro x15 rolling soft cover. Like night and day quality difference. Fits VERY well, nice and flush appearance. Also seals VERY well against the elements. Takes just a few seconds to roll up and you basically get full use of the bed, few seconds to rollout and you're covered again.

20240208_165035.jpg

20240225_174031.jpg

Sponsored

RHugg01

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired
I would not hesitate to buy it. From the research I did it’s a very nice unit. I went with a Gator as it was $100 cheaper but I almost pulled the trigger on the rough country myself.
I went with a Gator and am very happy with it. It survived a Pacific NW winter with all the rain we have and no leaks.

WolfgangP

First Name
Wolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Realtor ( Retired)
Having had an A.R.E hardshell tonneau on both of my Chevy Silverados, I was looking for something similar for the Glad but the really top of the line tonneau covers ( Diamondback et al) were getting up there in cost SO.... I went with a canopy topper and am really glad I did. The RSI Smart Cap Evo is one heck of a unit- steel construction with incredible functionality. 4 windows that open inc. a slider that lines up perfectly with the rear slider in the truck. Ideal for ventilation for the dog kennel in bed. Sure, the cost is higher but your use of the bed is expanded and it looks pretty darn good.

20240325_100858.jpg

Buckhorn

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
As with any internet forum there is a wealth of information on everything (some right some wrong). BUt hoping this is an easy one. I currently have two swing out bed boxes, and I loved them until last night. Last night the screws that hold the front of hte boxes to the sidewall pulled out and left a nice 1 to 2 inch ripped out steel in the bed. So I am now done with those boxes.

I did a lot of reading on this box for bed storage, and the consensus seems to be to get heavy duty storage boxes or pack out type boxes from local hardware store and strap those down in the bed. With that I would like to get a tonneau cover to add a level of security, and they were not possible with the swing out cases. Since there is a plethera of choices out there, I think i narrowed it down to Rough Country Jeep Gladiator Hard Tri-Fold Flip-Up Tonneau Cover 49620500 (20-24 Jeep Gladiator JT) - Free Shipping (extremeterrain.com) , since it gives the highest level of access to the bed. Any issues or concerns with that cover?
I went with the Gator hard cover from Realtruck.
https://realtruck.com/p/gator-efx-hard-fold-tonneau-cover/v/jeep/gladiator/2023/

ColaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Jeep Gladiator Looking for opinions on tonneau cover 20240325_100858

Jeep Gladiator Looking for opinions on tonneau cover 20240325_100858
These are what I had. Three of them and all three had issues. I live in the South with really hot summers. The glue that holds the vinyl on melts and it peels back. My local guy told me he’s pretty much stopped selling them because he’s had to warranty so many. All three of mine were on Ram 1500s.

Caveman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 1994 Wrangler YJ
I have the original hard tri-fold cover that Rugged Ridge put out. It looks just the the one you linked to, but the panel nearest the cab is fixed and doesn't fold up. I really like it. It's mostly watertight, looks good, and has held up nicely over the two years I've had it on. It is dead quiet at highway speeds as well, and that can't be said for all options.

Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
These are what I had. Three of them and all three had issues. I live in the South with really hot summers. The glue that holds the vinyl on melts and it peels back. My local guy told me he’s pretty much stopped selling them because he’s had to warranty so many. All three of mine were on Ram 1500s.
I live in Houston, and my warranty issue had to do with the pulls breaking. I treat it once a quarter and it keep the vinyl looking really good. Not quite sure what the difference in temp would be from Houston to where you live.

Riding with Gladys

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
I have the BAK revolver hard roll up. I use my truck as a truck so getting it out of the way without obscuring the back window was important. Not theft proof but substantial enough to keep the opportunists out. Also is strong enough to pack a rooftop soft cargo bag on top of when taking the whole family somewhere.
Jeep Gladiator Looking for opinions on tonneau cover back lights on XO

Alan SOBX

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I got the Rugged Ridge Armis Hard Folding Tonneau Cover off Facebook Marketplace new for $600. I have really liked it. Easy install. Very low profile. (First picture). Second shows the fold up. Takes some of the cab but you can clip it down—I just did one side. If you want it all the way up, there are props for it although I wouldn’t be comfortable driving over 45 mph like that. Might be fine but I have no need to anyway.

Extremely waterproof. I can go through the pressure washer with zero water getting inside. They give you extra waterproofing which I would advise to put on the cover so that there is a cushion when you fold it up against the window. (See second picture).

IMG_5940.jpeg

IMG_5941.jpeg

IMG_5942.jpeg
Sponsored