First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
How about any options for body/cowl mount mirrors that would completely replace door mirrors and look good door on or off?
Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
How is this a better option? Looks a little weird to me.
More mirror SQFT-age, equally as stable while driving.....massively cheaper.

Mine below....maybe it just looks weird to you because its new to you. To me its looks less weird than a round mirror sticking out of the A-pillar cab for 250 bucks.

Can also get them in round, if you want.

Jeep Gladiator Looking for recommendations for doors off mirror Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 9.37.00 AM

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
More mirror SQFT-age, equally as stable while driving.....massively cheaper.

Mine below....maybe it just looks weird to you because its new to you. To me its looks less weird than a round mirror sticking out of the A-pillar cab for 250 bucks.

Can also get them in round, if you want.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 9.37.00 AM.png
Maybe I'd like the round ones better.

CMM mirrors weren't weird the first time I saw them, but looks are subjective. I think the CMM mirrors look great.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I'd like the round ones better.

CMM mirrors weren't weird the first time I saw them, but looks are subjective. I think the CMM mirrors look great.
True...but there's no denying the quality is about equal, if you saw them together. Then once you realize the price variable is huge plus the mirror coverage is better. Easy decision.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
True...but there's no denying the quality is about equal, if you saw them together. Then once you realize the price variable is huge plus the mirror coverage is better. Easy decision.
Thanks for explaining, makes perfect sense.

I didn't care about coverage, I just wanted to be legal.

I'm also reckless with blowing money where I shouldn't. :LOL:

Sponsored

Natevick

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Just got the Lange Coyote mirrors. Only used them once at about 65mph max. No vibration or whistle. Like the looks and the price better than CMM so it was a win win for me.
517E5F2E-7751-4B65-A71D-9749BCA11913.jpeg

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Just got the Lange Coyote mirrors. Only used them once at about 65mph max. No vibration or whistle. Like the looks and the price better than CMM so it was a win win for me.
Jeep Gladiator Looking for recommendations for doors off mirror 517E5F2E-7751-4B65-A71D-9749BCA11913
I have these as well 2 years now. They are the old style with a set screw I can put a leatherman to crank them down so that might help. If the base is in tight they don’t move at all. I now have dimples in the aluminum arm from cranking them down at the normal setting and also folded forward from much use which are helpful. I will pretend it’s a feature not over tightening a steel screw into aluminum.

I drive I-95 with the doors off, there is no speed in which I have seen the outer joint move, bounce or vibrate to the amount it would be irritating. I trust them so much that if I’m doing a 6 hour + road trip I fold them forward and lock them down rather than remove.

My only complaint is I cannot see the passenger mirror with the full soft doors on.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Another vote here for the Lange Coyote mirrors. Don't even have to remove them when you put the doors back on (just fold them in). Waaaaay cheaper than the CMM mirrors. Only annoyance with the Coyotes is that objects truly are closer than they appear in the mirrors. Need to be aware of that.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I bought some used Harley mirrors off ebay. Don't vibrate and even stay in place at 80+ MPH. About $40 shipped.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I've got some Jpegg with foot pegs and I like them but they are a big bulky to store
Sponsored