Sponsored

Mirror option for no doors

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
I made up this using the Double Take Adventure motorcycle mirror and RAM parts I already had from my motorcycle use.
I like that I can remove and hide/store the mirror quickly and it keeps its position/setting.
I can also swap it between our Wrangler and the new Gladiator, with no added costs or parts needed.

Jeep Gladiator Mirror option for no doors 20190727_153227

Really pleased with the field of view too (note this is the JL 2 door).
Jeep Gladiator Mirror option for no doors 20190729_182407
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I know this is an old (ish) thread, but I found these and thought I'd share. I'll probably pick these up for the summer. Being able to use stock mirrors also means I'll still be able to attach my extensions if I want to tow doorless.

https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-exterior-mirror-kit-82215331ab
I got excited and then disappointed by these. Because of the use of the hing pins they use for mounting it won't work with any tube or soft doors. They seemed like almost the perfect solution.

metalry101

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '18 JK Rubi, '17 Sienna, '89 Burb
Occupation
Like a job? What's that?
I got excited and then disappointed by these. Because of the use of the hing pins they use for mounting it won't work with any tube or soft doors. They seemed like almost the perfect solution.
Ya, they're for running truly doorless. Seems like a lot of tube doors have a bolt-on mirror option already. I'm thinking I'll probably get them this summer, but I'll have to see how much I run doorless before I drop over $200 on these.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Ya, they're for running truly doorless. Seems like a lot of tube doors have a bolt-on mirror option already. I'm thinking I'll probably get them this summer, but I'll have to see how much I run doorless before I drop over $200 on these.
Yep some do. Some of the descriptions of this product indicate it moves the mirrors, like the quadratech ones for the JK do. I run doorless alot of the time but ideally want something in the future and was really hoping for something a little more flexible.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload

Jpeazy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 4x4 w/ Max Tow
Occupation
USN
Man I would have bought these over the Carolina metal masters in second if available when I needed some mirrors...
Hate to ask obvious question, but the bracket mirror combo comes with mirrors? I like this option and want to pull the trigger, but want to be sure.

_glad8tr

First Name
Lemuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I made up this using the Double Take Adventure motorcycle mirror and RAM parts I already had from my motorcycle use.
I like that I can remove and hide/store the mirror quickly and it keeps its position/setting.
I can also swap it between our Wrangler and the new Gladiator, with no added costs or parts needed.

Really pleased with the field of view too (note this is the JL 2 door).
Hi, will it be possible to provide the parts info for your set up? Thank you in advance.

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
Hi, will it be possible to provide the parts info for your set up? Thank you in advance.
Its a RAM Tough-claw, small size w/1" ball
A 3" long RAM arm 1" ball size.
And of course the Doubletake Adventure mirror

Sponsored

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
If you have a Tazer, it has an option where it automatically shows the rear view camera on the 8.4" display (only) when you use the turn signal.

But, to be legal, I'll look in my boxes of old bike stuff to see if I have some motorcycle mirrors that will fit.

The other options mentioned here are great, like the RAM based solution the best so far.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a Tazer, it has an option where it automatically shows the rear view camera on the 8.4" display (only) when you use the turn signal.

But, to be legal, I'll look in my boxes of old bike stuff to see if I have some motorcycle mirrors that will fit.

The other options mentioned here are great, like the RAM based solution the best so far.
In Virginia you need only a left outside mirror - right side not required.

For others, to be legal you may not need outside side mirrors at all. It varies with the state - some states require ONE, and it's always the left side.
Only 4 states require both left and right.
Iowa, for example, says only "rear view mirror" so I don't need any outside mirrors AS LONG AS MY VIEW is not OBSTRUCTED by something inside the vehicle or in the bed or behind me (camper, etc.) So I can drive doors off and not be pulled over for no mirrors. Other states are like that - they specify "one mirror" but aren't specific as to where.

California says left side mirror and goes on to say "two mirrors" meaning as long as you have an inside mirror with an unobstructed view, you only need a left side mirror with it. Right mirror not required.

Some states can put a condition on your license and require outside mirrors for YOU specifically.
Some states require mirrors that allow you to see at least 200 feet behind you - that can mean special mirrors if towing, etc. to keep that 200 foot view.

I'm talking LAW, not logic, reason, SAFETY and so on.
It's not easy or safe to not have at least a left side mirror in traffic around where I live - the idiots here love to sneak up and "heel" - traveling in your blind spot or try to cut you off when you try to change lanes. It's a game for drivers here.

Here are the laws as of the time of this graphic:

Jeep Gladiator Mirror option for no doors side-mirror-state-law

ayaklich

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CEO
$5 solution works great for me and doesn’t shake like cheap hinge mount

6109D3E1-D53C-43E3-8624-72358E3AA219.jpeg

E24A3DC2-983D-4912-AAE0-FB219986979C.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
$5 solution works great for me and doesn’t shake like cheap hinge mount

Jeep Gladiator Mirror option for no doors E24A3DC2-983D-4912-AAE0-FB219986979C

Jeep Gladiator Mirror option for no doors E24A3DC2-983D-4912-AAE0-FB219986979C
Well that's clever. If you could use Velcro they'd be removable for winter when the doors were back on and you wanted HEAT. I assume you have winter in IL, too haha.
Sponsored