Sponsored

Love Centerforce now. The new clutch is working great. Please Help. 2.5 weeks without my JT---F#$%ing Centerforce!

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I disagree with this. My wife’s JLR will back up on our steep driveway…idling. It is great.
Seriously?

How steep?

Everyone I know with a manual complains about the reverse gearing. For those of us in Sport models with the 3.73 rear end, it isn't even close to idling backwards up my driveway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KX L

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Finally got my truck back today and it's fantastic. Clutch feels like a clutch. Obviously the pedal pressure has increased so now it feels normal.

Not touching the accelerator at all I can just let the clutch out in both 1st and reverse and off it goes. No shaking or shuddering at all.

Exactly what I wanted and expected based on the Gladiator Forum guys that said they have it and love it.

Can't thank you guys enough. Owner told me he's embarrassed at how much fluid they used to bleed the damn thing.

ACTman

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advancedclutch.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JKUR, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
President and head cheerleader at ACT
Congrats! That is the second Centerforce customer I have helped with the same problem. I will need to send them a bill. Haha.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my truck back today and it's fantastic. Clutch feels like a clutch. Obviously the pedal pressure has increased so now it feels normal.

Not touching the accelerator at all I can just let the clutch out in both 1st and reverse and off it goes. No shaking or shuddering at all.

Exactly what I wanted and expected based on the Gladiator Forum guys that said they have it and love it.

Can't thank you guys enough. Owner told me he's embarrassed at how much fluid they used to bleed the damn thing.
Congrats! It’s one of the best upgrades ever!

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Seriously?

How steep?

Everyone I know with a manual complains about the reverse gearing. For those of us in Sport models with the 3.73 rear end, it isn't even close to idling backwards up my driveway.
Seriously. Without measuring it, I would say It is between 8%-10% at its steepest.

Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Congrats! That is the second Centerforce customer I have helped with the same problem. I will need to send them a bill. Haha.
ACTman,

I give you a lot of credit for your willingness to help folks out. Seem like there are not enough people like you who are willing to give their honest time when it doesn't directly benefit them.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Glad to hear you're back up and running

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Hey @ACTman, I'm curious about you as well, but as I've asked before; you don't say you are better because you don't want to diss CenterForce. I totally understand that, and respect that, but you haven't presented a reason I'd want to go your way either??

You've been helpful and responsive, but have still not told me a reason to buy your clutch over the "complete" CenterForce option that is loved here???

And yes, I have asked before, you just didn't prefer to answer.

But, IT seems we might need clutches, so can you answer why to buy yours?

I'm happy to install on mine and compare to stock.

ACTman

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advancedclutch.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JKUR, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
President and head cheerleader at ACT
Hey @ACTman, I'm curious about you as well, but as I've asked before; you don't say you are better because you don't want to diss CenterForce. I totally understand that, and respect that, but you haven't presented a reason I'd want to go your way either??
You've been helpful and responsive, but have still not told me a reason to buy your clutch over the "complete" CenterForce option that is loved here???
And yes, I have asked before, you just didn't prefer to answer.
But, IT seems we might need clutches, so can you answer why to buy yours?
I'm happy to install on mine and compare to stock.
I am not an expert on the Centerforce JL/JT product (haven't tested it), but I do have over 40 years experience developing performance/racing clutches. On the JL/JT platform, the main differences I know of: Centerforce offers a 10.5" pressure plate and adapt the JK hydraulics to increase release travel. We use an 11" JK pressure plate redesigned to work with the stock hydraulics so there is no need to increase release travel. I am sure customers will be more than satisfied with the torque capacity and durability of either option, especially when you are comparing with the stock unit.
I will be posting a full explanation of the stock design and how we developed our clutch for these newer Jeeps in a coming thread.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
I am not an expert on the Centerforce JL/JT product (haven't tested it), but I do have over 40 years experience developing performance/racing clutches. On the JL/JT platform, the main differences I know of: Centerforce offers a 10.5" pressure plate and adapt the JK hydraulics to increase release travel. We use an 11" JK pressure plate redesigned to work with the stock hydraulics so there is no need to increase release travel. I am sure customers will be more than satisfied with the torque capacity and durability of either option, especially when you are comparing with the stock unit.
I will be posting a full explanation of the stock design and how we developed our clutch for these newer Jeeps in a coming thread.
Honestly this is what I want. Our JK clutch feel is heavier, but good and consistent. I have no intrest in changing the OEM hydraulics

Sponsored

Wally's Dad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Estimator, Preconstruction Manager
ok, I have the centerforce, but not the dual action one. My feel is like every other clutch I have had in my life except the stock one for this JT.

I have clutch feel throughout the push and you begin getting engagement quickly off the floor. Most highway shifts the pedal never fully reaches the floor.

As for the backing up the driveway thing, sorry this won't help with that. That is because they needed the reverse to work in 4 Lo for the Rubicons. So if you don't have it in 4 Lo, you really have to rev it up to go backwards up a hill, or in sand! That is just a JT thing.

What you described is more than likely the clutch wasn't bled correctly. It is not normal behavior!
This is my dilemma. I don't know enough about the clutches to make a decision between dual friction or non-dual friction. Are you able to offer some insight? From what research I have done, it looks like the dual only exists to preserve 'streetability' moreso than the non-dual set up.

What was your reason for NOT choosing the dual friction?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
This is my dilemma. I don't know enough about the clutches to make a decision between dual friction or non-dual friction. Are you able to offer some insight? From what research I have done, it looks like the dual only exists to preserve 'streetability' moreso than the non-dual set up.

I have the dual friction. The reason I went with dual friction versus Center force 2 is that i tow, haul, rock crawl and I wanted the maximum friction /clamping possible with better heat dissipation and feel. The CF2 is supposed to be more like stock effort with better feel, heat dissipation and gripping - less hard core than Dual Friction but more hard core than the featherweight factory clutch.
good luck!!!!

eroc87

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sales

I have the stage II. After initial 500miles of break-in, the clutch is such a drastic improvement over the OEM. The engagement point is definitely much lower. If you are looking for a "stock feel" certainly recommend the stage II.

greg.appel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jumping on this old thread…I have the CF DF clutch in my JT. It has been installed since last October (22).

My JT is acting similar to the original poster - very hard to get into and out of Reverse or 1st gear. Often times I find myself having to force it out of gear as it will not disengage. When stopped at a light, I usually put the Jeep in neutral with foot off the clutch. It takes a solid 2 seconds after pressing the clutch in before I can put the Jeep in 1st or 2nd gear. I am having consistent issues with my clutch and CF’s response each time I call is either bleed the system again, change the hydraulic fluid, or change the transmission and transfer case fluid.

All of the above have been done. I had 2 different shops do the work - then I did it myself with my MityVac and master cylinder cap. Each time this was done to CF’s directions. I have been putting vacuum on the MC daily at varying inclines to see if that makes a difference. It does not.

I know some of you have had success getting resolution - I am trying to determine what the real problem is here. I can’t bleed it more often (and I shouldn’t have to - no improvement is yielded anyway). Is this something transmission related? It really seems like the clutch isn’t disengaging - but am open to any suggestions as I am just frustrated. Any thoughts?