Sponsored

Low oil pressure warning after oil change.

S-House

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Professional Recreator
Any update to this? Curious…
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pilot425

Pilot425

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Pilot
Any update to this? Curious…
The best the dealer can figure is that it was a bad OEM filter that I had purchased from their parts department. Tried to blame the oil I used which was Pens Euro. They changed oil and filter at no cost to me and re flashed computer. It has been fine since. Coming up for another change. Will see how that goes.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
You used 5w50. Don’t do that. Not sure how you think that ISNT the issue…

Sponsored

S-House

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Professional Recreator
Thanks for the update. I’m mentally logging the potential issues that may arise with this Diesel engine. It‘s not confidence inspiring, but at least its been resolved…

OP
OP
Pilot425

Pilot425

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot

StingrayJed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel, 2015 JKU Rubicon
Occupation
Parts Director for Luxury vehicles
Having the same issue and returned to Dealer for a 5th time... They say the reflash will fix it, I hope they are right, because the 6th time won't be pretty from my side...

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
Mine is doing the same thing right now!! Changed the oil about 130 miles ago.

OP
OP
Pilot425

Pilot425

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Mine is doing the same thing right now!! Changed the oil about 130 miles ago.
Did you change oil yourself? If so the filter should only be tightened to 18.43 foot lbs. which is the equivalent to the 25nm. Im pretty sure I had over tightened my filter. My dealer has told me they have seen others for same problem and it has been fixed each time with the filter being torqued correctly.

Sponsored

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MRI tech
Did you change oil yourself? If so the filter should only be tightened to 18.43 foot lbs. which is the equivalent to the 25nm. Im pretty sure I had over tightened my filter. My dealer has told me they have seen others for same problem and it has been fixed each time with the filter being torqued correctly.
I did change the oil myself... third change, I'm at 18, 280 miles. I'll check to see what I torqued it too, but I have a feeling I may have overtightened it.

OP
OP
Pilot425

Pilot425

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
I did change the oil myself... third change, I'm at 18, 280 miles. I'll check to see what I torqued it too, but I have a feeling I may have overtightened it.
Please let me know what you come up with for the fix. Thx

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MRI tech
Please let me know what you come up with for the fix. Thx
Well, I believe it worked! I ended up taking the oil filter off and checking it out....all appeared fine to me, so I put it back on using my cheap harbor freight torque wrench set at approximately 18.??? foot pounds. No way to be precise with this thing.
I cranked up and no lights, oil pressure went to 40 psi and then settled to around 30 psi. I hooked up the trailer and made a 20 mile round trip to Home depot for a pallet of dogear fence boards and about 30 12ft 2x4's... towed great and no lights!
Mighty big thanks for the tip!

wv_gladiator

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt rubicon diesel
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a link on the Ecoguard ? I've see non-oem filters that are identical looking(on the outside, anyway)to the oem (also made in China) even the o- ring on some are green... for $17 .
I bought the cheap one to compare them to each other. They look identical outside but the size of the openings inside the cheap one is different. I'm not going to chance it.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just had this happen. Got my oil changed and then drove home stopping at a store. I get back in and the dash blows up with warnings and reading 5 psi oil pressure. tried a few start stop cycles. Still no oil. So I called my dealer and then their tow company. I Had to wait for 1 1/2 hours. Conveniently there was a brewery next door so I had a few while waiting. When we arrived back at the dealer after service hours and after moving it off the truck, it’s now showing 21 psi and no warnings. 🤡. Now I’m back at my dealer, drunk, eating a free box of Krispy Kreme donuts compliments of the tow truck driver, waiting for my ride. My trucks out back waiting until tomorrow for a resolution and I’ll look like a crazy person because it now shows oil pressure. It’s a Jeep thing people won’t understand. Living the dream.
Sponsored