First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Well I can tell you Magnuson is taking the situation serious and actively working the situation. There are existing solutions, and even better improvemts on the way.
Looking forward to seeing what the solution is, id like to get a blower this summer. I need to see a tune with a healthy torque curve that shows good application of fueling, VVT, and spark. Seems like tuning cam timing to get the tq dips out and maximize the tq available from the blower @ low boost takes talent a lot of tuners dont have (or just time they dont take/have). Seems like Magnuson is taking it seriously, though, which is good.

Glad we’ve got you on our team for this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
I think I posted about this earlier but -- I took my JT back to Vivid Racing in Phoenix (they installed the Magnuson) and had them load the latest Magnuson tune. The update cost me nothing. The difference is night and day. Much smoother, shifts smoother, power is available seemingly at all rpms. Very happy.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I think I posted about this earlier but -- I took my JT back to Vivid Racing in Phoenix (they installed the Magnuson) and had them load the latest Magnuson tune. The update cost me nothing. The difference is night and day. Much smoother, shifts smoother, power is available seemingly at all rpms. Very happy.
Thats great news. Any plans to dyno it?

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
No. I'd be interesting but the truck drives well and I don't plan on taking it back for that.

Hellcat2015

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave Gladiator, 2015 Hellcat
Occupation
Health Insurance Broker
Heres a solution as to where to relocate the noisy Purge Valve that Magnuson has you relocate behind the blower and Firewall. That is a terrible area because this valve is noisy by nature so it makes it sound like you have a Woodpecker tapping on your firewall at idle. We passed the info on to Magnuson, I would assume they will address this.

tempImageswQG0W.png

tempImagefExJiF.png

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Heres a solution as to where to relocate the noisy Purge Valve that Magnuson has you relocate behind the blower and Firewall. That is a terrible area because this valve is noisy by nature so it makes it sound like you have a Woodpecker tapping on your firewall at idle. We passed the info on to Magnuson, I would assume they will address this.

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now tempImagefExJiF

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now tempImagefExJiF
That is a nice fix. Should add that to the initial list I passed to you, and we can give them a running improvement list lol.

Hellcat2015

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Health Insurance Broker
Thats great news. Any plans to dyno it?
Wonder how I can tell if I have that latest tune? We were told that they are in the process of refining their current tune and if all goes well they should have another update in a few weeks.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Wonder how I can tell if I have that latest tune? We were told that they are in the process of refining their current tune and if all goes well they should have another update in a few weeks.
Probably just call them, or just update to be sure.

I hope they land CARB approval this summer. The Taco just got it after about what? 6 months? So its possible carb approval is possible

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is an interim update that cameout as soon as Magnuson took the tune back in house. It is smoother drivong but basically all the torque demand down low is reduced by 30% on average to keep the supercharger out of the picture until high rpm. It is ok but I like having my boost early.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
There is an interim update that cameout as soon as Magnuson took the tune back in house. It is smoother drivong but basically all the torque demand down low is reduced by 30% on average to keep the supercharger out of the picture until high rpm. It is ok but I like having my boost early.
Yeah? Why make a twin screw drive like a big centrif? *confused*

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Do you have any idea if CARB approval is an active priority for the team there vs a “we’ll get to it”?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think they are actively working to get carb, probably one of the reasons they have not put something out already, cause I know they have a solution that works. As for that tune thats like an centri. The original software had a seriously poor throttle tune. Light switch was an understatement. I had no plans to dive into this software, I was just gonna bolt it on and go. After my wife drove the jeep I figured I would just adjust the throttle a bit, well now here we are making meth for the mexican cartel.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I have much testing to do, but just a little teaser. I think I have found the limits that were keeping the gladiator from holding higher gears. I think i can make hold high gears safely without harm to the trans. I have been busy making sure the down shift does not wick super high boost pressures, as I have pushed the limits of good taste with my truck, man let me tell ya that engine can generate some steam. For how long at those levels who knows, but one of my test tunes knocked the tires off at 30 mph, when it down shifted. It was pushing 150kpa!!!!

Last edited:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
So I have much testing to do, but just a little teaser. I think I have found the limits that were keeping the gladiator from holding higher gears. I think i van make it do this safely with harm to the trans. I have been busy making sure the down shift does not wick super high boost pressures, as I have pished the limits of good taste with my truck, man let me tell ya that engine can generate some steam. For how long at those levels who knows, but one of my test tunes knocked the tires off at 30 mph, when it down shifted. It was pushing 150kpa!!!!
Omg. Link me to your OnlyFans account pls. I want to pay for you to talk this dirty to me.

Hellcat2015

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Health Insurance Broker
So I have much testing to do, but just a little teaser. I think I have found the limits that were keeping the gladiator from holding higher gears. I think i van make it do this safely with harm to the trans. I have been busy making sure the down shift does not wick super high boost pressures, as I have pished the limits of good taste with my truck, man let me tell ya that engine can generate some steam. For how long at those levels who knows, but one of my test tunes knocked the tires off at 30 mph, when it down shifted. It was pushing 150kpa!!!!
Dave is the tune you sent me?
Sponsored