O|||||O

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
uqF2K4v.jpg

Just got this picture from the dealer. It's finally here. They still need to install the lift, which my dealer is hoping will happen Monday.
Sponsored

AlwaysRecord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT/MT Rubicon.
Holy crap - finally back from vacation and going to pick up the truck tomorrow, lift and tires are on. Will report back.
AFZlETo.jpg

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Seems to be the day for this sort of thing. Guess shipping went ok...

Dealer is installing lift/wheels/tires, so I'll get it next Friday. I'm a fan of certainty, and it's certainly fairly certain I'll get it next Friday.

UPS truck is grinding a groove in my driveway bringing parts in. Nothing too crazy, but finally about time to play!

jeep jt.jpg

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Holy crap - finally back from vacation and going to pick up the truck tomorrow, lift and tires are on. Will report back.
AFZlETo.jpg
Looks great! Great enough it's making me think I could have saved a grand or so on wheels and just kept the stock ones.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
uqF2K4v.jpg

Just got this picture from the dealer. It's finally here. They still need to install the lift, which my dealer is hoping will happen Monday.
That red sure is sweet when it's on the fenders and top too. Congrats!

Sponsored

O|||||O

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
That red sure is sweet when it's on the fenders and top too. Congrats!
Thanks. Congrats to you as well. Unlike you though, I wasn't patient enough to wait for the lift. I had the dealer prep done this afternoon so I could bring it home and I'm dropping it back off on Wednesday so they can install the lift Thursday. I felt like I'd waited long enough.

PsXjHej.jpg

AlwaysRecord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT/MT Rubicon.
Looks great! Great enough it's making me think I could have saved a grand or so on wheels and just kept the stock ones.
Ha! Yea, I’ve never had a problem with em - kinda like myself - maybe it’s the black on grey.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Thanks. Congrats to you as well. Unlike you though, I wasn't patient enough to wait for the lift. I had the dealer prep done this afternoon so I could bring it home and I'm dropping it back off on Wednesday so they can install the lift Thursday. I felt like I'd waited long enough.

PsXjHej.jpg
If I hadn't bought from a dealer so far away, I guarantee I'd have done the same! Looks like it's ready to leap down that driveway!

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Ha! Yea, I’ve never had a problem with em - kinda like myself - maybe it’s the black on grey.
And let's face it, at least among the fine folks who frequent this sort of place... bigger tires make everything look better!

Sponsored

AlwaysRecord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT/MT Rubicon.
Finally home and in the garage! It was almost anticlimactic at the dealership but I drove it around all day today and definitely glad I didn’t jump in to an automatic towards the end of my wait (no offense to the guys that did).

The fit and finish is awesome, I looked the whole thing over pretty thoroughly before signing the paperwork. All parts and pieces accounted for including the soft top packaged in the bed. Dealership installed the Mopar lift and Nitto trail grapplers 35x11.50R17, including the spare. On the road noise is very quiet, no complaints.

I have zero complaints about the MT. The throws are solid, shifter is in a comfortable position and the clutch is fine, IMO anyone that complains about it probably should just stick to an auto. However - it’s slow, painfully slow - but it doesn’t really bother me - I’ll take low end benefits. As people have said 1, 2, 3, 4 are your most response gears 5 and 6 are almost non existent - I see them used for cruising above 55-60. Most of my driving was around town.

The saddle leather is nice. Took a buddy for drive that loves to build cars, he was impressed but wanted a little more growl - suggested a Volant cold air intake, possibly a magnaflow exhaust and a peddle commander (or another company, can’t remember name) to help a bit with the acceleration. I’ll do some of my own research on this stuff before I commit - anyone have experience? Here’s a couple pics, let me know if you want any other pics or have questions.

9PmCMNj.jpg

wvyrUxn.jpg

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
Exhaust would be cool. I only test drove an auto. I own a Durango with the same engine and it has dual exhaust and sounds a little throaty but quiet. The Durango isnt a race car but it moves when you need to. I would imagine the jeep would do the same. Hopefully I will know soon. Dealer said as of 10am truck was one dealer away from delivery.

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
For anyone that is looking for a manual and hasn't ordered one, Mack Haik in Georgetown, TX has two. If you end up buying, mention me. :D

Resized952019090695180209.jpg

Resized952019090795095339.jpg

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Finally home and in the garage! It was almost anticlimactic at the dealership but I drove it around all day today and definitely glad I didn’t jump in to an automatic towards the end of my wait (no offense to the guys that did).

The fit and finish is awesome, I looked the whole thing over pretty thoroughly before signing the paperwork. All parts and pieces accounted for including the soft top packaged in the bed. Dealership installed the Mopar lift and Nitto trail grapplers 35x11.50R17, including the spare. On the road noise is very quiet, no complaints.

I have zero complaints about the MT. The throws are solid, shifter is in a comfortable position and the clutch is fine, IMO anyone that complains about it probably should just stick to an auto. However - it’s slow, painfully slow - but it doesn’t really bother me - I’ll take low end benefits. As people have said 1, 2, 3, 4 are your most response gears 5 and 6 are almost non existent - I see them used for cruising above 55-60. Most of my driving was around town.

The saddle leather is nice. Took a buddy for drive that loves to build cars, he was impressed but wanted a little more growl - suggested a Volant cold air intake, possibly a magnaflow exhaust and a peddle commander (or another company, can’t remember name) to help a bit with the acceleration. I’ll do some of my own research on this stuff before I commit - anyone have experience? Here’s a couple pics, let me know if you want any other pics or have questions.

9PmCMNj.jpg

wvyrUxn.jpg
Great report. Sounds like it sums up my notions that I'm going like everything but will miss a bit of engine after having V8s for as long as I have now.

I'm far from an expert at such things, but I spend most of my driving life between 1500 and 2500 RPMs, I know pretty much all gas engines make power better at higher RPMS, and the 3.6 has about the same curves as the 5.3 Chevy I'm coming from for the last 10 years. But the curve is lower down the chart. Sum total of that layman's evaluation is that I'm going to have to get used to running it a bit harder than I've been used to hearing the engine doing.

Luckily I'll be in charge of the shift points again now, which I haven't for a while! I've been pushing the pedal on the right and it does what it does for far too long.
Sponsored