Massive Deep Freeze for Christmas?

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
In NW Arkansas, I don’t recall ever seeing sub-zero temps before New Year’s. Then again, it snowed 3 times before Thanksgiving this year too.

Sponsored

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
Ive never experienced a white christmas. They showed snow showers last week, now its all sunshine and cold. sigh. Rarely get snow in my area, but if we get an inch, it shuts the city down for a day and half. woot.

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Writer of code, designer of things
We're sunny and 4F right now, got down to -14 w/o windchill last night. I'm training for a winter bike/ski race in a few weeks, so this week's training is going to be fun:

Jeep Gladiator Massive Deep Freeze for Christmas? 1671481780681

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
In NW Arkansas, I don’t recall ever seeing sub-zero temps before New Year’s. Then again, it snowed 3 times before Thanksgiving this year too.
You guys forecast rain on Thursday?
Here in central AR they keep flipping between snow or rain.
Rain is going to be horrible when it freezes so I’m hoping for snow

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
A couple of years back we went for several days without electricity. The gas range and the little propane freestanding fireplace we have downstairs kept us cozy. On about the third day I hooked up my inverter to the Subaru in the detached garage, cracked a window to keep it vented and run a cord through, fed the cord into the den to run my TV and internet and all was right in the world.
We put perishables on the covered porch off the kitchen to keep them fresh.

We live in the country, so I had filled the garden tubs with water for flushing and we had bottled water for consumption, cooking, washing, brushing teeth.
It really wasn't bad.

Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Weather guessers are predicting a low of -10 for Wednesday night here in Colorado. Then cold and windy on Thursday for a warmup by Saturday. No snow predicted which is a bummer. As Mrs. Klutch likes to say, "If it's going to be that cold, it should be snowing!".

I recall one winter when it was snowing so hard we got Thunder Snow. That was cool!

TigerInFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Mojave
Occupation
Design & Sell Inground Pools
Personally I am already over the cold weather. We had our one week of cold weather for the year.

Seems like we are in for another one later this week which sucks. I didn't sign up for this when we moved from TN to FL.

And for you young one's, I can remember having to use a chain saw to cut the pond ice so the cows could drink in the mid 80's back in west TN. Stayed like that for at least two weeks so this is nothing new. Yes IM an old fart and remember things like that.

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Personally I am already over the cold weather. We had our one week of cold weather for the year.

Seems like we are in for another one later this week which sucks. I didn't sign up for this when we moved from TN to FL.

And for you young one's, I can remember having to use a chain saw to cut the pond ice so the cows could drink in the mid 80's back in west TN. Stayed like that for at least two weeks so this is nothing new. Yes IM an old fart and remember things like that.
That was a brutal extended cold period. I remember it well here in central VA. The ground had some six inches of frozen solid ice on it. Walking on it would create eerie echoes like a kettle drum.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So you putting the top and doors back on or are you gonna be a man? 😂
You reminded me of 2010 (or was it 2011?) when I visited a friend in Phoenix during the car auction. It was January. Nice day, end of the day we parked our cars and were standing around in Dan's driveway with the cooler close by talking - neighbors and friends walked over and there were about a dozen of us standing around talking. Sun started to set. Air got cooler.
One by one his friends started walking back to their houses and grabbing jackets and coming back. After dark I was the only one who hadn't gone into his house to get a jacket or change clothes.
I was standing there in shorts and a T-shirt - it got down to 55 maybe. I was comfy.
Pretty soon one of them spoke up and pointed - look at the Iowa boy, loving this!
My wife had just texted me and said - snow, wind and 0 degrees. I said - hell yeah, especially compared to what my wife is dealing with back home!

Sorry, top on, panels in, doors on, panel bag put away for the winter............

Jeep Gladiator Massive Deep Freeze for Christmas? 20221219_160406_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Massive Deep Freeze for Christmas? 20221219_160420
Sponsored