First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Project Manager
OK, so I have a very skittish GIANT English mastiff. He has no trouble getting in the Jeep, but I do not want to have to clean out all that happens in the jeep. SO I am asking if anyone has any recommendations for seat/back area cover ups? My wife says use a blanket...she obviously has no idea how much he moves and drools and every thing else. Its not the hair, but the drool...So I ask you all...what type of Dog protection have you used, do you recomend? He cannot fit on the seats because he is 185lbs and 3ft tall. I cant keep the doors off because good chance he will jump, the back is out because he is a wuss...HELP!

60771576456__7B63E0AA-23BD-412A-B96B-77F20491356C.jpeg
Sponsored

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
OK, so I have a very skittish GIANT English mastiff. He has no trouble getting in the Jeep, but I do not want to have to clean out all that happens in the jeep. SO I am asking if anyone has any recommendations for seat/back area cover ups? My wife says use a blanket...she obviously has no idea how much he moves and drools and every thing else. Its not the hair, but the drool...So I ask you all...what type of Dog protection have you used, do you recomend? He cannot fit on the seats because he is 185lbs and 3ft tall. I cant keep the doors off because good chance he will jump, the back is out because he is a wuss...HELP!

Jeep Gladiator Mastiff and My Gladiator 60771576456__7B63E0AA-23BD-412A-B96B-77F20491356C
Sorry, I have no helpful info to add. Your story just reminded me of a buddy of mine who's dog got so excited when he put her in the bed of his truck to drive her somewhere that she took a crap in the truck bed. She was fine until they got on the road. Unfortunately, he had his rear sliding glass window open, and he thought she had kicked some "mud" through the window that stuck to his windshield while he was driving. He picked it off with his hand and instantly regretted it.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Buy a mini van. I have two English Mastiffs; female 160lbs and male 205lbs. I don’t even attempt to get em in the Jeep. Fit great in my Caravan :)

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

Agyoung35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I’ve got a wirehaired viszla that sheds so much she has a cloud of loose fur around her when she shakes. To save my car I use some cheap seat covers and a moving blanket back there. That and I vacuum once a week at least.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Use one of the covers they put on mattresses for kids that wet the bed, then put a blanket or something over top of it. Those absorbent pads that they use on hospital beds should also work, they will absorb a lot of liquid. They sell them at Sam's Club for $25 a case (120 pads).

Sponsored

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
Jeep Gladiator Mastiff and My Gladiator IMG_8460

I put some neoprene seat covers on and flip the top back. My mastiff loves it. Now I just need to find room for my kids. :)
How does the neoprene do with dog hair? I’ve got this fear the dog hair will become basically embedded in it and never vacuum or otherwise be able to be cleaned out. I’ve got a chocolate lab and a husky, so dog hair finds its way into all aspects of my life - literally and figuratively.
Great pics of your pup by the way - looks like he / she loves the Jeep topless!

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you thought about putting a cap on it and bolting a crate to the floor?

All the guys I hunt with have that arrangement in their pickups.

I currently travel only with my dog in a crate. Its safer for him and me. The only down side is I don't get to have him put his head on my shoulder for me to scratch.

He LOVES his crate. To him its where he gets to go do fun things.

MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
If you don’t need the back seats, you can remove them and build a level and padded floor that gives him plenty of room and is easy to clean. Look at the rear seat delete threads. I removed my carpets and sprayed the floors with Lizard Skin. There are other options as well to “dog proof” your Jeep. We have a German Shepherd and no kids so the back was designed specifically for him.

Mark

bfosmoen

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Engineer
How does the neoprene do with dog hair? I’ve got this fear the dog hair will become basically embedded in it and never vacuum or otherwise be able to be cleaned out. I’ve got a chocolate lab and a husky, so dog hair finds its way into all aspects of my life - literally and figuratively.
Great pics of your pup by the way - looks like he / she loves the Jeep topless!
While I do not have a husky(so much hair!!!) I do have three dogs and have not had any problems with hair embedding itself in the neoprene. If anything more hair ends up in the carpet because it does not stick to the neoprene.

they do ride in the back a fair amount though.
Jeep Gladiator Mastiff and My Gladiator IMG_7875(1)
Sponsored