Sponsored

MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' at Jeep Beach 2021

600rr

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
@StingGrayJT24 did you keep the alpine sub connected also?
Sponsored

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
Awesome! I’m a believer for sure. I’m outside listening to music right now while I clean up. Let me know if u have question for what you need to make it all work.
Thanks!

Eagerly started by getting the rear cleaned out along with behind the seat. I got the rest of their kit, and it has solid power wires with a 70amp maxi fuse to the amps already per the main kit so it should be a easy drop in. I also got some poly fill to stuff the enclosure. Will see in a few days!

lostdd

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 19 Ascent, 97 TJ, 88 Sub, 58 Apache
Occupation
Body Shop Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! After reading some of the "so so" reviews above about the other components above I was thinking of doing exactly this. Would love to hear your impressions of just the 6x9 swap alone. I am not into the huge audio systems anymore....but I was very very underwhelmed by the sound coming from the soundbar...which is just literally inches from my head.
Will do, waiting on 5 channel amp and working on sub enclosure so it might be a bit. I have the soundbar installed but w/out the amp it is about the same as the stock speakers. My 6x9's are 3 way and min is 15 watts, so the stock stereo doesn't have enough to push them. You can get other speakers that can take less so an amp would not be needed. Kicker makes a pair for about $80 than the min is 6, the stock stereo is only putting out 9 - 11. If you haven't changed out the dash speakers yet I definitely would. That will be your biggest improvement unless your looking for bass.

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
follow up with my 6x9 experience. I mounted the MB quarts and lost practically all bass that i normally hear. I kind of expected that when i removed the bass 'port' cutting out the template. That being said, mids and highs are phenomenal and i can hear everything with all doors off doing 60mph+ now.

I play mine around 28-30 on the volume knob factory 5" cheapie factory stereo.

bass: even (sometimes two down if an r&b song comes on or Knocked Loose)
Mids: plus one
Treble: Plus six
Balance/Fade: Center.

Ill put either two 8"s or a single 12 eventually to gain back those lows.

TL:DR Mb quarts 6x9 im happy with overall.

Sponsored

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Subs are in and mounted.

Everything went in just as smoothly as the rest of the system.

One point of note is the speaker wires running from the amp to the sub was included in the full system kit. The wiring included with the sub kit was a short little double ended number that you need to splice and add your own wire to. It’s assumed that if you order just the subwoofer kit, you will provide your own mounting and power solution. I used one of these amps in my buggy as its marine grade, and the connectors work so much nicer and safer than having to use exposed screw terminals.

Sound wise it’s got good bass. I think it pairs perfectly with the amplified front and rear stage of the kit to have powerful sound. The amps are all at half-gain and at max volume it’s definitely a portable boom box, and should you be okay with some mild hearing loss, offers a ton of oomph in the cab.

As it’s 1200w in total, It’s not gonna rattle the windows and the trim off. 20-something me would have appreciated that, but 30-something me appreciates not coming off as a teenager.

Still dialing in the tuning for my music preferences, but all in all, I think its a great kit. My friend has the factory alpine system, so I will be comparing them next time we meet on the trails.

8A558F5B-21C8-471E-818B-AA6C93F22F53.jpeg
BF9D657D-6E21-4580-BF18-46D942C8A1BF.jpeg
440EDFCE-958A-4E96-9D50-18A85DD4DA4A.jpeg
5A9D9323-0447-4D7E-939C-5BB9897F2EF6.jpeg
B1D4A56E-FF18-41AC-B9AD-2CA77891E18D.jpeg

After some quick fiddling, settled on the following settings. Bass knob at midpoint. Levels on the front and rear amp just shy of 2/3rds up, and sub at 3/4.
Will tweak more, but this gives good sound for a range of music with volume knob at 12-25. At 25+ it’s loud but not quite coming apart. Good for when ya need a portable jukebox outside the jeep. Definitely want to test it with the doors and top off.

All in all, super pleased with the setup. As it has all the pieces I wanted to do aftermarket with dash pods and soundbar upgrades, and all in with the sale, it was priced under the just the Alpine upgrade kit. So win win.

58CEA258-C27D-4534-B34C-29588EC389FD.jpeg
C1C7DFD5-A797-41F1-ADEF-2AA3817F5925.jpeg

Last edited:

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I just installed mine today. Purchased the 3.5s for the top of the dash and 6x9s for the soundbar. Had so much black plastic dust and bits and pieces on me and in the cab. There is a noticeable sound difference, I have to mess around with the setting to see about getting it where I want. FWIW I have the premium option.

bsd103

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Gladiator Sport S 6spd manual, 2013 Abarth 500, 2012 charger SRT
I'm pretty blown away with my setup and it's pretty darn clean and not too pricey. I upgraded the dash & sound bar speakers (just the 3.5s) for around $100 total and amplified all the speakers with an alpine KTP-445 ($150, filtered at 80hz and hidden under the passenger front seat). Running a kicker compRT 10 ($180) with a kicker 46CXA8001 ($220, 1600W/800W RMS) in a custom enclosure ($200). It absolutely pounds and is crystal clear and gets loud enough to leave your ears ringing. About $850 total (and I had about $600 of that covered with amazon credits : ]) and obviously a bit of my time installing, but so worth it. I even get to keep the driver's side underseat storage.

Jeep Gladiator MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' at Jeep Beach 2021 IMG_20210518_205139

Jeep Gladiator MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' at Jeep Beach 2021 IMG_20210518_205213

Last edited:

SFLJEEPER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 XJ, 2015 JK, 2015 JKU, 2021 JT
I'm pretty blown away with my setup and it's pretty darn clean and not too pricey. I upgraded the dash & sound bar speakers (just the 3.5s) for around $100 total and amplified all the speakers with an alpine KTP-445 ($150, filtered at 80hz and hidden under the passenger front seat). Running a kicker compRT 10 ($180) with a kicker 46CXA8001 ($220, 1600W/800W RMS) in a custom enclosure ($200). It absolutely pounds and is crystal clear and gets loud enough to leave your ears ringing. About $850 total (and I had about $600 of that covered with amazon credits : ]) and obviously a bit of my time installing, but so worth it. I even get to keep the driver's side underseat storage.

Really nice! Did you make the sub enclosure? I am wanting to do something similar.

bsd103

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Gladiator Sport S 6spd manual, 2013 Abarth 500, 2012 charger SRT
Really nice! Did you make the sub enclosure? I am wanting to do something similar.
I had someone else make it who is way more skilled with fiberglass. I also polyfilled a bit. Sounds awesome with good clean hits. Clear and powerful reproduction of double bass kicks, etc.

Sponsored

oompaloompa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 1989 Dodge w250
Occupation
Button Pusher
Today started to put install this MB Quart system into my Gladiator. I took it apart a few weeks ago but then had to stop working on it due to kid's high school graduation and the festivities afterwards.
When trying to put this back together one of the connectors of the control module was hiding and behind the metal bracing under the steering column.
Thank you very much to Rubi Rhod who answered some of my questions due to the vagueness of the mbquart instructions. (instructions state I could only find 1 remote wire and 1 from the pac. no idea what the extra one is that they stated below).
Jeep Gladiator MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' at Jeep Beach 2021 1621727516410

I wasn't sure if the PAC also needed a remote turn lead attached to a power source or if the blue wire coming from the pac supplied the power for remote turn on. (Rubi Rhod clearified that the pac supplies the remote turn on power).

So far no real issue if I did this again I would make sure to remove the doors first I think that would make getting to some of the screws that hold the lower speaker pods a lot easier to get to.

Jeep Gladiator MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' at Jeep Beach 2021 dashboard.JPG
Jeep Gladiator MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' at Jeep Beach 2021 IMG_0698.JPG
Jeep Gladiator MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' at Jeep Beach 2021 pac.JPG
Jeep Gladiator MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' at Jeep Beach 2021 passspeaker.JPG

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Today started to put install this MB Quart system into my Gladiator. I took it apart a few weeks ago but then had to stop working on it due to kid's high school graduation and the festivities afterwards.
When trying to put this back together one of the connectors of the control module was hiding and behind the metal bracing under the steering column.
Thank you very much to Rubi Rhod who answered some of my questions due to the vagueness of the mbquart instructions. (instructions state I could only find 1 remote wire and 1 from the pac. no idea what the extra one is that they stated below).
Jeep Gladiator MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' at Jeep Beach 2021 passspeaker.JPG

I wasn't sure if the PAC also needed a remote turn lead attached to a power source or if the blue wire coming from the pac supplied the power for remote turn on. (Rubi Rhod clearified that the pac supplies the remote turn on power).

So far no real issue if I did this again I would make sure to remove the doors first I think that would make getting to some of the screws that hold the lower speaker pods a lot easier to get to.

Awesome!! Doors off did make it a good bit easier and made for a hella fun test drive after :)

But all in all, got it done! đź‘Ť

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
I finally got around to installing my 6x9s and the sound was way too deep just using the harness provided. What I did next was to clip the wires on the coaxial connection to the tweeter cone and connect the tweeter leads from the original wiring. This sounds much better.

The premium sound amp has separate channels for the 3" speaker and the tweeter in the soundbar so if you connect the original tweeter wiring to the tweeter in the 6x9, you will see much better results.

If you do an aftermarket amp, this information will not help you at all.

ClaytonH

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Occupation
Car Sales
I did the install as part of the first mods I did to my Jeep. I have them being pushed by a JL Audio RD900/5 pair with two Memphis 8 inch subs and it sounds great. They are a little bright but overall pretty clear. Plenty loud even with the top and doors off. Even at full MSRP these speakers and their ease of install is well worth the money.

Edit* I would recommend adding sound deadening material to the inside of the sound bar. Once amplified the sound bar will buzz when lower frequencies and songs with lots of mids are playing at a decent volume. I still have a buzz coming from the sound bar though not as noticeable I have two ideas of where it is coming from. I believe the light or the points where the sound bar mounts to the roll bar are the two culprits for the buzzing still being there.

Last edited:

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Ordered the dash pods and soundbar adapters yesterday after reading this thread. Thank you all for the help. Wasn't sure whether it was worth making my own adapters for each, but this makes it so much easier. And with the 6x9 grille having a much larger opening, can still make an adapter to use a better quality 4", 5.25", or 6.5" speaker.
Sponsored