First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I installed the MBRP about a month ago and probably 1000-1200 miles on it so far. It did not change the sound at all if that's what you are looking for. It does tuck up high under the body and bed. It also save a decent amount of weight.

I have a stock suspension Rubicon and stock tires. I was able to remove the stock part of the exhaust by myself carefully without cutting anything in my driveway without any jack stands, ramps or jacks. I won't say it was easy but it's doable.

I still think its worth the cost as it tucks it up higher and removes quite a bit of weight, but don't buy it expecting it to change the exhaust tone.
Sponsored

Armylemons

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, VW Atlas
Occupation
Army
Dang the MBRP is already up to $210? Certainly an exhaust shop could do similar pipe installed for less. (Just maybe not stainless). Was hoping for a cheap solution to get the pipe cleared away from my DV8 bedside sliders

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does this exhaust end shorter (closer to the front) than stock? I had purchased an AMP Research bed step in the past but could not get it installed due to the stock exhaust interfering. Maybe some installed side photos for reference?
It's almost the exact same position since it uses the same hangers. The side photos are hard to get b/c it is for sure tucked up a little higher on the exit of the pipe but I could try later.

Sponsored

austin0705

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel
I ordered the charge pipes today. AFE said they are still on back order though but oh well.
Did you notice a sound difference with the charge tubes paired with the exhaust?

I've thought maybe a cold air intake would increase flow and sound also. Has anyone tried that?

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you notice a sound difference with the charge tubes paired with the exhaust?

I've thought maybe a cold air intake would increase flow and sound also. Has anyone tried that?
still waiting on the tubes and intake to ship from AFE :/

Armylemons

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, VW Atlas
Occupation
Army
Jeep Gladiator MBRP Filter Back Exhaust and AFE Charge Pipes F8EF5358-EAF9-4A6B-BC0A-9B58390F6675
Jeep Gladiator MBRP Filter Back Exhaust and AFE Charge Pipes CF2C5AC4-2F76-430B-B573-F3969BF66E03
Jeep Gladiator MBRP Filter Back Exhaust and AFE Charge Pipes C898AD5B-5A74-42FC-A3F5-98AE88DA8B09

The fit was great, easy install. Made a lot more room for the bed sliders but still makes contact with one of the mounting bolts on my DV8 bed side sliders. Left it alone for now, shouldn’t cause any issues.
No change in sound noticeable at all.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Im surprised there is reportedly little to no change in sound. Taking off a muffler and a resonator, I would think there should be a noticeable difference??

Armylemons

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, VW Atlas
Occupation
Army
Im surprised there is reportedly little to no change in sound. Taking off a muffler and a resonator, I would think there should be a noticeable difference??
The DPF is so restrictive that everything else is purely regulatory lol. On my VW TDI the only thing that made noise was a full emissions delete. But then it just smelled bad all the time

Sponsored

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Yea I was hoping that was not the case. My zr2 didn’t even have a muffler from factory.
i did delete that truck and it sounded ok. Not great but not bad. Perhaps in 100k I’ll do this one too. For now it’s still covered so stock it stays lol

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I've been running the MBRP cat-back for a while. There is Z E R O sound difference. As other mentioned, the EGR, DPF, SCR, butterfly valve, etc. still chokes the system down and prevents any sound.

But, the system does flow a little better. It has to. That factory muffler is the size of a trash can.

For what it's worth, I did my installation on a car lift and still couldn't get the factory exhaust out without cutting it in the center with a saw. The new MBRP kit slides in fine because there's no huge muffler on either end.

The factory muffler and resonator are free-flowing designs that you can see daylight through if you hold them up to the light. They aren't a typical chambered and restrictive design. So a lot of guys will elect to save their money and spend it on other mods.

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
You guys notice any difference in mileage with the exhaust? I’m thinking about doing it just for the weight saving and potential mileage increase.

austin0705

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel
Sound difference is nil. It does tuck up a little higher for a cleaner look. Haven’t had mine installed long enough to give anyone a mileage difference. If you unbolt the track bar you can remove the old exhaust without cutting it. I just wish I painted it black before putting it on.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Absolutely no sound difference or MPG gain. I did it to save a little bit of weight (to offset other mods) and to free up a few horsepower. Combined with the AFE intake kit (If those ever actually ship) it should give me a nice bump in power.
Sponsored