First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The link still works, but they took the 3.5" GC off the website when you search for it. A 2.5" front leveling kit is in its place.
I noticed that the rear rocksports are 2" shorter than on the fronts of the JT/JL and the rear of the JL. They are going to be 28" fully extended (18.8" collapsed) compared to 30" (17.7").
Looks like it’s Game(changer) on!

EF1069B5-B262-4D64-9843-C99BC867FCA2.jpeg
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
FYI: Yesterday (11/19/19) I called and spoke to Eric at Metalcloak. He said it's looking like late January for the release of the 3 ½" Gamechanger suspension for the Gladiator. While they have some and will have more components before then (e.g., controls arms, track bar), their coil springs are the issue and they're expected "late January."

jsegura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' JKU Hard Rock
First post, Long time creeper. Thought this could maybe spark some interest.

The owner of a Local dealer in my area is selling his personal launch edition with what I would assume to be a prototype metal cloak lift installed. Dealer is 40 minutes from metal cloak so if holds true they should be coming. If you wanna nab one now you can grab his for an easy $77k..

https://www.thompsonschryslerdodgej...ladiator-16e7c6520a0e0ae756b62b1139b07063.htm

"2020 Jeep Gladiator Bright White Clearcoat Rubicon 4WD 8-Speed Automatic 3.6L V6 24V VVT.
MetalCloak-equipped! Ready for your command. Includes Wheel and tire combo, MetalCloak 2.5 Rock Sport lift kit, OverLand tube fenders and inner fender kit,OverLine Rocker Rails. Beautifully modified to taste to create the ultimate Gladiator. Be the first to have a MetalCloak Gladiator and lead the charge in the coloseum. Price includes $14,990 dealer added accessories."

OP
OP
jeepncrowd

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I'm glad that they're taking their time to get it right, and not just rushing something into production. But I have may have a long trip to Ohio that will pass by 3 off road parks in February. I hope that I can get it on by late January.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
First post, Long time creeper. Thought this could maybe spark some interest.

The owner of a Local dealer in my area is selling his personal launch edition with what I would assume to be a prototype metal cloak lift installed. Dealer is 40 minutes from metal cloak so if holds true they should be coming. If you wanna nab one now you can grab his for an easy $77k..

https://www.thompsonschryslerdodgej...ladiator-16e7c6520a0e0ae756b62b1139b07063.htm

"2020 Jeep Gladiator Bright White Clearcoat Rubicon 4WD 8-Speed Automatic 3.6L V6 24V VVT.
MetalCloak-equipped! Ready for your command. Includes Wheel and tire combo, MetalCloak 2.5 Rock Sport lift kit, OverLand tube fenders and inner fender kit,OverLine Rocker Rails. Beautifully modified to taste to create the ultimate Gladiator. Be the first to have a MetalCloak Gladiator and lead the charge in the coloseum. Price includes $14,990 dealer added accessories."
I believe that could be the 2.5” leveling kit which is already available, although I don’t see gold anywhere. Their 3.5” kits are what are in “pre-order” status currently. In any case, it’s a rip-off at $77,300...

Sponsored

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
3.5 Game changer is now available online on their site as a preorder with a mid Jan ship date. Interesting that the rear springs seem to be holding a lot of manufacturers up. I would have thought some of the more complicated engineered pieces would have been the issue.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
3.5 Game changer is now available online on their site as a preorder with a mid Jan ship date. Interesting that the rear springs seem to be holding a lot of manufacturers up. I would have thought some of the more complicated engineered pieces would have been the issue.
I read that the rear suspension geometry was causing problems in higher lifts when the suspension droops. The short upper control arms cause the pinion angle to drop as the rear axle moves downward. Rock Krawler was reportedly able to address this with their 4-link kit. I’m not sure what the other companies might come up with. It’s more complex than just throwing taller springs in there.

OP
OP
jeepncrowd

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
UPDATE Got a call from metalcloak a couple days ago. Asked if they wanted me to ship the parts that are ready (everything except the shocks and springs) or ship all together./ The springs are supposed to be ready for shipping mid January. The 6paks ( some time very soon after that).

I'm still on the fence if I want to pay the extra for the 6paks to get them now or use shock extensions an keep my factory shocks until the Rock sports come out. I have a planned trip to Dayton ohio coming up Feb 1st. i plan on stopping by Hot Springs ORV park on the way up there, and Red Bird SRA and Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch on the way back (gonna hit up those BoH trails). The chance of having the full lift set up is tempting...

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Any update on metalcloak GC shipping mid Jan. Saw on an instagram post Teraflex confirmed they will not have lifts ready til 4th quarter 2020! Looks like MetalCloak will be the choice for this year, just checking on how things are coming along??????

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting - last Matson told me was “January” for the multi-rate springs

(toe tapping on the floor)

Sponsored

bmp9422

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR BW
I pre-ordered my 3.5" True Dual Rate lift in December. Shipped yesterday, set to be delivered by Tuesday. Only difference between this and the game changer is Front lowers and both rear control arms are not included.I will likely upgrade to those parts as I see necessary over time.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I pre-ordered my 3.5" True Dual Rate lift in December. Shipped yesterday, set to be delivered by Tuesday. Only difference between this and the game changer is Front lowers and both rear control arms are not included.I will likely upgrade to those parts as I see necessary over time.
Shipped including REAR dual rate springs?

OP
OP
jeepncrowd

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
The kits are now shipping, including if you ordered the 6 pak option.
I just switched from rocksports to 6 paks in the hope I'll get my lift by the end of the month for my trip.