First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Internal Auditor
I just purchased a 2021 Gladiator used. Love it! The odd thing is, it has LED lights in the rear and Halogen headlights up front. I'm sure it has something to do with a package it came with. Does anyone have any experience with changing out the headlights on a setup like this? Can I put a set of 9" aftermarket Halos and plug and play? Since it already has LEDs in the rear and is set up for DRLs, would there be any "programming" needed? I thought about just changing the bulbs, but I really want a the halos.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored

AHenry014

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
If your looking for plug and play headlights, I invite you to look at our ORACLE Lighting OCULUS Headlights. They are true plug and play and many forum members are satisfied with the output and ease of installation!

We also have CYBER15 code live today, for additional discounts.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
My Gladiator is a 21 80th Anniversary Edition and came with LED tails with halogen headlights. I installed the Oracle Oculus headlights. Easy install plug and play no programming necessary. Also, put out a very brite precise light. Have had them installed over a year now and very happy with the lights.

Sponsored

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
Supposedly in 2021 jeep started having the halo wire in the headlight harness from the factory. If you have 4 wires the stock LED lights are plug and play. If not the Halo won't work unless you wire it up.

chucka

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Inspector
I just bought a used Mojave that came with the same specs. Previous owner put Oracle lights on it and they are pretty great. I do like the look of the OEM housing more, but the Oracle beams are very good.

JUICEBOX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
The halos /DRL lights I used are plug and play but have a wire that you run to the fuse panel, I used #45 slot which is for the cigarette lighter. I also had the halogens up front and the LEDs in the back, the fender and fog lights were just direct replacement from halogen to LED.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
Supposedly in 2021 jeep started having the halo wire in the headlight harness from the factory. If you have 4 wires the stock LED lights are plug and play. If not the Halo won't work unless you wire it up.
It's true. I just wired up some SS5's and wanted the backlights to come on when the halos did. I searched around and found some information:

Jeep Gladiator Mis-matched lighting Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 4.35.02 PM

I confirmed that pin #5, labeled as "RIGHT FRONT PARK LAMP DRIVER" is the feed to the halo, which is a misleading label to me.

Jeep Gladiator Mis-matched lighting 1669770818082

It's the beige (almost orange) wire with the orange stripe (looks pink here)

Basically, it's a 12V ignition-switched lead.

Also, it is separately controlled by the BCM, in the C1 harness, also Pin #5 incidentally:

Jeep Gladiator Mis-matched lighting Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 8.20.14 PM

So, if you don't have factory halos with the 4-pin harness, you could always hack the BCM harness and tap into these leads (PIN 5 for passenger, PIN 7 for driver), then use Tazer or JScan to enable these outputs. There are detailed write-ups on the JL forum on how to tap into these BCM outputs.
Sponsored