First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
installed the catch can a few weeks back. Ill give it high marks for the quality of the can itself and the hose fitments. And yes, its catching oil alright. I definitely suggest installing one to you Jt.

when you do, spend a couple bucks on a better drain valve though. The plastic one they send you will leak all over your driveway and garage.
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
How about some info on how much oil, how many miles you drove, what it costs?? Ect..

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Ill drain it tomorrow and check. Cost is on their website i dont recall off hand.

ill post up a couple pics

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
This is from 300mi to 1300mi

Jeep Gladiator Mishimoto catch can 202AFA60-2BF9-441B-A181-569020B5AEF1

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
And of course, theres this bullshit.

Jeep Gladiator Mishimoto catch can EC39F7B4-0BDB-440D-B364-72FB2CC82364

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Theres a lot of blow by on these motors, and i expect a bit more right now as its brand new. Id guess that was about an oz.

i probably wont even start measuring it until i have 5-8k on it to see if there is actually a problem. I just dont want it in the intake.

Reactions: Mac
OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Also, turns out the leak wasnt from the valve. It was from the drain port on the bottom of the can, leaking through the threads. I got some petroleum specific PTFE tape for the threads and put a single wrap over them before re-threading. So far that seems to have stopped it and ill check again after a couple days. @Mishimoto might want to consider adding a small strip of it to the otherwise excellently made kit.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I put one on a V6 Camaro I bought in 2015. It was crazy how much oil gets put back into the intake valves on these Direct Injection motors. If in fact the motor damage that the catch can sellers claim occurs is true. I'm surprised there hasn't been some class action litigation due to it. Because there is no doubt that the manufacturers know it's happening, and there is a known remedy. It is an issue that definitely effects the advertised CAFE fuel consumption claims by manufacturer, and there is no maintenance schedule or procedure in owners manual to remedy. I have talked to Chevrolet mechanics who where seeing intake valve damage occuring at 50-70K miles. Intake valves needing to be cleaned with wire brush and drill to get the coke out of the valves and seats.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I put one on a V6 Camaro I bought in 2015. It was crazy how much oil gets put back into the intake valves on these Direct Injection motors. If in fact the motor damage that the catch can sellers claim occurs is true. I'm surprised there hasn't been some class action litigation due to it. Because there is no doubt that the manufacturers know it's happening, and there is a known remedy. It is an issue that definitely effects the advertised CAFE fuel consumption claims by manufacturer, and there is no maintenance schedule or procedure in owners manual to remedy. I have talked to Chevrolet mechanics who where seeing intake valve damage occuring at 50-70K miles. Intake valves needing to be cleaned with wire brush and drill to get the coke out of the valves and seats.
im pretty sure Catching oil vapor is a federal mandate Now, and it isnt good for motors.

i had what was easiest back in the day on a big turbo surbaru. It was a catch can baffle that instead of draining into a can, replaced the oil fill cap and drained the oil right back to the pan

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the idea and already bought one to put on, just a universal kit on Amazon, but I do not think the 3.6 motor is DI so does it really make any difference?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I like the idea and already bought one to put on, just a universal kit on Amazon, but I do not think the 3.6 motor is DI so does it really make any difference?
youre correct on this being a port injection. Also correct that it Is much a bigger deal on direct injection engines

it still matters since oil vapors contribute to knock and do gunk up the head. that, and any dirt that gets past the filter will stick to the oil vapors heading in.

its just better to keep them out, especially on a vehicle you want to keep for a long time. Others have differing opinions.

WilliamD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Student
Also, turns out the leak wasnt from the valve. It was from the drain port on the bottom of the can, leaking through the threads. I got some petroleum specific PTFE tape for the threads and put a single wrap over them before re-threading. So far that seems to have stopped it and ill check again after a couple days. @Mishimoto might want to consider adding a small strip of it to the otherwise excellently made kit.
Do you have the link for that tape or what color it is? Want to make sure I get the right one because mine is leaking like crazy too.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out the Rulline Universal 350ml on Amazon, made from solid aluminum, I have had one for around 2 years with no issues or leaks.