Moab recommendations

BruiserTJ

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition & 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ
We are going to Moab next June. I’m starting to plan my build to prepare for the trip. We plan on doing moderate/difficult trails. I was there last year in my TJ so I kind of know what to expect. I was wanting to know who has wheeled their JT out there? How is your truck set up? What would you have done differently?

Mine is currently on Mopar 2” lift and 37’s. I plan on going 3”-3.5” lift, full skid plates, sliders, rear bumper, and hydro-assist.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

7C6BE06B-A6A1-47CD-A939-4988F4BCC388.jpeg
Sponsored

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
I'll be there in two weeks. I'll know what I can do better after that, I'm on 2" lift and 35's.

OP
OP

BruiserTJ

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll be there in two weeks. I'll know what I can do better after that, I'm on 2" lift and 35's.
Cool! Enjoy. Let me know how it goes.

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
Following!!

I’m planning on a excursion out there over thanksgiving break and wheelin over the break. Right now finns and things is definitely on the list and earn a badge of honor there.

I do plan on bringing my dog along for the trip, so trails off the national parks (they don’t allow dogs beyond the pavement) and blm lands and such would be great.

Just a stock rubi JT and my buddies mild JTU going and learning how to use a jeep to it’s potential!

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
Following!!

I’m planning on a excursion out there over thanksgiving break and wheelin over the break. Right now finns and things is definitely on the list and earn a badge of honor there.

I do plan on bringing my dog along for the trip, so trails off the national parks (they don’t allow dogs beyond the pavement) and blm lands and such would be great.

Just a stock rubi JT and my buddies mild JTU going and learning how to use a jeep to it’s potential!
We are heading out over thanksgiving as well. Another stock JTR. Gobi. Say hi if you see dork from CO!!

Sponsored

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
Stock JTR Gator here. We kinda sorta live there (second home) and head there every month. Was just there 1.5 weeks ago and headed there over Thanksgiving. My maiden voyage was Chicken Fingers. Second ride was Behind The Rocks... not the whole thing... just a taste. Took it from 191 through the sand dunes (that was a gas) then the black diamond (forgot the name) up to Hummer Hill. I devirginized the rig on that black diamond on the way down as I hit the skid plates at the break over point and of course the hitch receptacle on the departure angle. Text book JT devirginizing using right there! Next trip I took it easy and did Shchaefer Teail to White Rim, then back up Potash rd.

So this made me realize that a lift and bigger tires are in order for me to do more of my back yard in Moab. Fins and Things was on my to do list, but sort of avoided it since I was told my departure and will definitely give some love to my hitch on that trail. Would love to know if other stock JTRs have avoided the SCRAAAAAPE on that trail.

3698E039-A5DA-4D94-A3E8-520EB9770437.jpeg

BFD8DD45-6B18-4FFA-BB11-46FDE75F8256.jpeg

2B2BE647-8D3D-4434-8925-C350DD612057.jpeg

MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
We did Moab last August in a stock Rubi JT. Did the first half of Fins with a trailer. My RZR broke down in the middle of fins and I had to rescue it. The JT did great but my 14 ft trailer suffered some minor damage. We also did La Sal Mt pass, Schafer switchbacks, and Chicken corners with no problems.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Do y’all find lockers at Moab a must? I’ve got a stock Sport S with 33” tires so its really the lockers that separate me from the Rubicons which are having success. Thanks.

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
Do y’all find lockers at Moab a must? I’ve got a stock Sport S with 33” tires so its really the lockers that separate me from the Rubicons which are having success. Thanks.
Its deffinitely nice but not a must have. The rocks in moab are very gripy and if you have good lines and techique youll be fine.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
We are going to Moab next June. I’m starting to plan my build to prepare for the trip. We plan on doing moderate/difficult trails. I was there last year in my TJ so I kind of know what to expect. I was wanting to know who has wheeled their JT out there? How is your truck set up? What would you have done differently?

Mine is currently on Mopar 2” lift and 37’s. I plan on going 3”-3.5” lift, full skid plates, sliders, rear bumper, and hydro-assist.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Jeep Gladiator Moab recommendations 2B2BE647-8D3D-4434-8925-C350DD612057
What are you going to do with your Mopar w” lift ???

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
Stock JTR Gator here. We kinda sorta live there (second home) and head there every month. Was just there 1.5 weeks ago and headed there over Thanksgiving. My maiden voyage was Chicken Fingers. Second ride was Behind The Rocks... not the whole thing... just a taste. Took it from 191 through the sand dunes (that was a gas) then the black diamond (forgot the name) up to Hummer Hill. I devirginized the rig on that black diamond on the way down as I hit the skid plates at the break over point and of course the hitch receptacle on the departure angle. Text book JT devirginizing using right there! Next trip I took it easy and did Shchaefer Teail to White Rim, then back up Potash rd.

So this made me realize that a lift and bigger tires are in order for me to do more of my back yard in Moab. Fins and Things was on my to do list, but sort of avoided it since I was told my departure and will definitely give some love to my hitch on that trail. Would love to know if other stock JTRs have avoided the SCRAAAAAPE on that trail.

Did fins and things_porcupine rim campsite_hidden canyon overlook via 3D. Loads of tow hitch scraping on stock JTR. Loads. A tad rock slider snd got high centered on F&T but stacked rocks and slid off. 137” wheel base is a bitch. Our friends had a stock 4Runner and scraped one time.

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just went down to Moab to look around a couple weeks ago. Did Fins and Things in a stock JTR. Had no issues on any of the obstacles, but just like everyone else we had a lot of hitch scraping. Mopar lift and 37’s are in my very near future.

Anyone do Hells Revenge in a stock JT? I wanted to try it but was wheeling alone and didn’t want to risk the extra difficulty alone.

13963D09-7883-4373-A099-EAF3CE64B460.jpeg

OP
OP

BruiserTJ

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)