First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I'm sure if you used a kit to remove the inner fenders like one from Artec, along with the factory 1-inch lift you wouldn't have any clearance issues with 35s even if you were running it hard in the desert.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
The Mojave shocks get the attention, and rightfully so, but thats not what makes the Mojave superior to the Rubicon. Its everything else done to the frame and chassis and steering components. The “compromise” isnt the Mojave, its the Rubicon that makes sacrifices across 90% of a vehicle‘s use to get a little extra flex from the front sway disconnect. And in reality they flex just fine without it.

unless youre going to stuff 40’s and bash rocks, the Mojave is absolutely the better choice for the money, especially for overlanding and daily use. Its much easier to add a sway disconnect and a front locker for the few percentage of people who actually need it than it is to add all the things the Mojave gets you.

im hoping someone makes a ~1” spacer lift for the Mojave so 37’s fit with the right wheel easily. The factory shocks are really good as is. if not, Ill just go 35’s.

Last edited:

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
The Mojave shocks get the attention, and rightfully so, but thats not what makes the Mojave superior to the Rubicon. Its everything else done to the frame and chassis and steering components. The “compromise” isnt the Mojave, its the Rubicon that makes sacrifices across 90% of a vehicle‘s use to get a little extra flex from the front sway disconnect. And in reality they flex just fine without it.

unless youre going to stuff 40’s and bash rocks, the Mojave is absolutely the better choice for the money, especially for overlanding and daily use. Its much easier to add a sway disconnect and a front locker for the few percentage of people who actually need it than it is to add all the things the Mojave gets you.

im hoping someone makes a ~1” spacer lift for the Mojave so 37’s fit with the right wheel easily. The factory shocks are really good as is. if not, Ill just go 35’s.

Well Said! This is one of the reasons why I went with a Mojave not just the suspension but the stiffened frame and heavy duty Front end components..

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
In looking, its not clear to me why the AEV spacer lift isnt compatible with the Mojave.

i called and asked, and the answer i got was “the Mojave shocks are so much better than what we use on our lifts anything would be a step down”

im thinking i might give the aev lift a try. Want to look at a couple more fitment points compared to the Rubicon.

OP
OP
SloW8

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
So - I am changing my mind on spacer lifts. At least maybe. Help me out with these thoughts.

A Mojave is 1" + taller than a Rubicon. The Mopar lift is 2". So if we put a 1" spacer in front we should net about the same as a Rubi with the Mopar lift? Teraflex 1.5" lift is actually a 1" spacer plus a .5" spacer. Could utilize just the 1" spacer and call the front good?

I would also want a 1" lift in the rear. I have heard mixed thoughts on the daystar rear lift. Is there another option for 1" rear lift?

What about shock extensions for each? Is it needed with the hydro bump stop? I really wish I had a forlift and a shop lift to play with for a day. I'd like to flex out the suspension and see what is really needed for 37s all around.

Sponsored

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
In looking, its not clear to me why the AEV spacer lift isnt compatible with the Mojave.

i called and asked, and the answer i got was “the Mojave shocks are so much better than what we use on our lifts anything would be a step down”

im thinking i might give the aev lift a try. Want to look at a couple more fitment points compared to the Rubicon.

I had AEV spacer kit in hands and then they posted it will not work so I sent it back. Not sure why but when I called and asked before installing it they said they have never installed one and to let them know and send them pictures. But then they put on the web site it would not work. I called and asked why and they really couldn't give me an answer???

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I had AEV spacer kit in hands and then they posted it will not work so I sent it back. Not sure why but when I called and asked before installing it they said they have never installed one and to let them know and send them pictures. But then they put on the web site it would not work. I called and asked why and they really couldn't give me an answer???
same here. My guess is that because they havent specifically tested a Mojave with it, they just arent signing off on it. I get it, because they do alot of the nhtsa type testing On vehicles. Its how they got oem/mopar approval for their parts.

thats just me guessing though.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Is the Mojave sway bar link the same as the rubicon?

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
Is the Mojave sway bar link the same as the rubicon?

I believe they are. I know the shock tower are different, we had a Rubicon in the shop and I took measurements off it and they are completely different.

OP
OP
SloW8

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I believe they are. I know the shock tower are different, we had a Rubicon in the shop and I took measurements off it and they are completely different.
What was the difference? Location front to back? Height?

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I dont think shock tower matters. the shock extension bolts to the lower part.

we need to look at spring bucket to shock clearance; shock extension clearance; and if the hydraulic bump stop will need a different extension fabricated.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
So. Part of the AEV website says the spacer lift doesnt fit, quote, “due to the shock mounts being different”

The shock towers are beefed up, but per the gladiator brand manager and the demo frame, the shock and spring mounts are the same as a standard gladiator In the rear. Those werent items that were changed or reinforced. The front shock mounts to the Mojave axle are different. So, is the front mount really so different it cant work? Shrug

Last edited:

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
So. Part of the AEV website says the spacer lift doesnt fit, quote, “due to the shock mounts being different”

Agreed I purchased another company shock extensions just to try them out and they will work now I have to get the spacer kit. So I really don't know why the AEV kit won't work

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Which shock extensions did you get that work?