First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Had to get a longer bolt for the front shock brackets and some washers for spacing due to the upgraded shock mounts on the axle.
Are those spacers you put on there standard Teraflex spacers? The Mohave doesn’t need special spacers, it’s all about the shocks, correct?
Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is my current after adding the 3/4” rear spacer. Next up is a magnusson blower. Might sell the Mojave shocks and go fox 3.0 bp/dsc racing shocks this summer.

So far the truck drives really really well. It’s one finger stable at interstate speed even over bumps.

AFE831BE-492C-489C-B933-5FFCA4DB553B.jpeg

So, any spacer will work, correct, or does it take special spacers for the Mojave?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
So, any spacer will work, correct, or does it take special spacers for the Mojave?
help me understand what you are trying to determine so i can better answer

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
help me understand what you are trying to determine so i can better answer
Sorry, I need to pay attention to what I’m doing fully and quit multitasking:/. I’m talking about coil spring spacers!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Sorry, I need to pay attention to what I’m doing fully and quit multitasking:/. I’m talking about coil spring spacers!
Im tracking that...is this purely a fitment question or a function question. Trying to determine how you mean “works”

fit yes any fit. Function dont disposition more than an inch beyond shock neutral

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Im tracking that...is this purely a fitment question or a function question. Trying to determine how you mean “works”

fit yes any fit. Function dont disposition more than an inch beyond shock neutral
Ahh, OK, so what I meant was fit, as long as it’s made for a Gladiator, it will fit? However, you caused another question to pop up for me, are you also saying if the spacer is an inch, or less, then I don’t need to worry about shock extensions? The reason for this question is that I’ve about convinced myself I need a bumper and winch, and I want to get rid of the sag that it’s going to cause when I mount that up with a small spacer. I’m going to get an aluminum bumper that weighs less than the stock plastic bumper, but any winch I put on there is going to be at least 61 pounds...

slicermd

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Any thoughts from the peanut gallery on this build?????

@TheGinger I had a couple questions about this build, left a comment on the youtube comments but I'll ask here too...

1) what was the reason for using the evo rear shock extensions instead of the rear extensions that came with the teraflex kit?

2) I'm putting a steel bumper/winch on the front to replace the plastic, which I assume will sag the front end a bit. Would you recommend putting maybe an extra 0.5" spacer up front to keep the rake the same (2.5" front / 2" rear). If so, would you add a half inch to the bumpstop spacers as well?

Too bad you guys are a 2700 mile drive or I'd just ask you to do it ;)

TheGinger

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
Wrench Monkey
Any thoughts from the peanut gallery on this build?????

@TheGinger I had a couple questions about this build, left a comment on the youtube comments but I'll ask here too...

1) what was the reason for using the evo rear shock extensions instead of the rear extensions that came with the teraflex kit?

2) I'm putting a steel bumper/winch on the front to replace the plastic, which I assume will sag the front end a bit. Would you recommend putting maybe an extra 0.5" spacer up front to keep the rake the same (2.5" front / 2" rear). If so, would you add a half inch to the bumpstop spacers as well?

Too bad you guys are a 2700 mile drive or I'd just ask you to do it ;)
So for your first question, we used the evo shock extensions because Teraflex doesn’t yet make rear Gladiator shock extensions, nor do they make a lift kit for the Mojave. We assembled this kit ourselves based on what we feel it required and what we felt was the best quality parts for the job at the time, which is also why this Mojave is lifted with a couple different parts than our previous video on the black one was.

Second, we actually just custom fitted a brand new out of the box Rubicon steel bumper with a Warn VR Evo 12-S winch to this Mojave last week, video will be out in the coming weeks, and yes it does bring it down a bit, we will take measurements and address it if needed after we install the Rubicon rear steel bumper onto this and custom mount our full size spare, stay tuned 😉

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Carpenter/Fabricator/Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend looking at the MetalCloak 3.5" GameChanger Suspension lift for the Mojave. This is the lift I just finished installing on my Gladiator Mojave last weekend. You can see the build on my DirtGadgets twitter account. There aren't great instructions, but if you're comfortable working under a vehicle and have some basic tools you can do it yourself.

I also mounted Nitto 37x12.5x17 rubber on some 17x9 Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels before the lift. Those larger wheels fit fine without any rubbing on the Mojave. I drove it for a couple weeks on the highway and city streets of Omaha, NE.

As an aside, ignore all the people chiming in saying that the Mojave was designed for a specific purpose and you should leave it alone. That's a ridiculous, trollish thing to spew. Jeeps are designed to be modified. The Mojave is no exception. It's your Jeep. Modifying it is part of the culture. While there aren't a lot of options to lift the Mojave, the MetalCloak lift kit worked out really well. I love it.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options Gladiator-Mojave-00001

Gladiator-Mojave-00002.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00003.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00004.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00005.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00006.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00007.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00008.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00009.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00010.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00011.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00012.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00013.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00014.jpeg

slicermd

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So for your first question, we used the evo shock extensions because Teraflex doesn’t yet make rear Gladiator shock extensions, nor do they make a lift kit for the Mojave. We assembled this kit ourselves based on what we feel it required and what we felt was the best quality parts for the job at the time, which is also why this Mojave is lifted with a couple different parts than our previous video on the black one was.

Second, we actually just custom fitted a brand new out of the box Rubicon steel bumper with a Warn VR Evo 12-S winch to this Mojave last week, video will be out in the coming weeks, and yes it does bring it down a bit, we will take measurements and address it if needed after we install the Rubicon rear steel bumper onto this and custom mount our full size spare, stay tuned 😉
I see, the extensions are meant for a JL and only the front ones fit? Gotcha!

I look forward to the video, have a great day!

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

I am interested in this too. I found another thread where someone had added 210 pounds in winch and bumper to the front of their Rubicon and sagged 3/4 of an inch. I am thinking of adding an aluminum bumper and winch, which would add about 60-65 pounds. Math says to me that I should sag about a .25 inch. However, I know the springs are different on the Mojave, so I am waiting impatiently to see what happens with yours:)

slicermd

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I recommend looking at the MetalCloak 3.5" GameChanger Suspension lift for the Mojave. This is the lift I just finished installing on my Gladiator Mojave last weekend. You can see the build on my DirtGadgets twitter account. There aren't great instructions, but if you're comfortable working under a vehicle and have some basic tools you can do it yourself.

I also mounted Nitto 37x12.5x17 rubber on some 17x9 Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels before the lift. Those larger wheels fit fine without any rubbing on the Mojave. I drove it for a couple weeks on the highway and city streets of Omaha, NE.

As an aside, ignore all the people chiming in saying that the Mojave was designed for a specific purpose and you should leave it alone. That's a ridiculous, trollish thing to spew. Jeeps are designed to be modified. The Mojave is no exception. It's your Jeep. Modifying it is part of the culture. While there aren't a lot of options to lift the Mojave, the MetalCloak lift kit worked out really well. I love it.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options Gladiator-Mojave-00014

I agree, "what it's meant for" is fine but it's mine I'll <cartman voice> DO WHAT I WANT </cartman voice>

Did you replace the driveshaft when you installed the metalcloak?

That's a little aggressive for me, I just want a hair more ground clearance. I don't plan on running 37's.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

so, I was looking at this lift over at their website, it does look pretty great, but I am confused about one thing, it doesn’t look they do anything with the rear shocks, just provide brackets for the front? Is this correct? That doesn’t seem like it would work out right...

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

How are those Apex disconnects working out for you so far?

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Carpenter/Fabricator/Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, "what it's meant for" is fine but it's mine I'll <cartman voice> DO WHAT I WANT </cartman voice>

Did you replace the driveshaft when you installed the metalcloak?

That's a little aggressive for me, I just want a hair more ground clearance. I don't plan on running 37's.
I did replace the driveshaft. It wasn't difficult, it just took a bit of extra elbow grease. If you're running smaller tires (smaller than 37's) you can do the 2.5" GameChanger. It's not as tall. You get all the same control arm and track bar hardware, just different springs. I installed the 2.5" GameChanger on my wife's Wrangler. Turned out very nice. She's running 33's. Actually the 33's off the stock Mojave. 33 inch tires look a bit small in her fender wells. I think 35's would look perfect. All said, it's hard to do better than MetalCloak when it comes to quality hardware.
Sponsored