Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
i have a set of King custom valved shocks for sale. Have about 4,000 miles on them. $2,500. The only problem is. They fit a 3G Ram 2500.

IMG_3475.JPG
Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I feel some "why buy a mojave if you not doing extreme off roading" coming from you
No, sorry if it came off that way. My point was why pay for a suspension designed for sustained, tight & high-frequency travel while scoffing at the maintenance it requires.

I think most would agree that the Mojave offers the best road handling characteristics of any trim regardless if only leveraged for light off-roading. It’s fantastic but if you consulted an outfitter and said you wanted something maintenance free, for sure they’d say rinse and repeat disposable shocks especially at the beach (born in CA, raised in FL). The corrosion alone induced by weekly beach jaunts may render a modular shock hard to rebuild anyhow. Their assembly hardware is quite prone to rust.

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
No, sorry if it came off that way. My point was why pay for a suspension designed for sustained, tight & high-frequency travel while scoffing at the maintenance it requires.

I think most would agree that the Mojave offers the best road handling characteristics of any trim regardless if only leveraged for light off-roading. It’s fantastic but if you consulted an outfitter and said you wanted something maintenance free, for sure they’d say rinse and repeat disposable shocks especially at the beach (born in CA, raised in FL). The corrosion alone induced by weekly beach jaunts may render a modular shock hard to rebuild anyhow. Their assembly hardware is quite prone to rust.
i spray everything with 303 rust prevention, previous jeeps the same with no problems, hopefully this will hold up the same.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Silly question -- I assume that we pull t hem and send them to where ever and they get squared away. Cool. Do we just put regular shocks on during this time? I can't image the amount of owners that are single threaded on vehicles or can't let their vehicle sit for a week or two while shocks get serviced.

tickling 15k miles so I guess I have some time to think.
I think you’re giving people too much credit. Most will probably never have the service done.

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
A possible solution for anyone who is needing to send theirs in.

shock extensions + oem take off shocks. Many guys will literally give their oem shocks away…and extensions arent awfully expensive. Could be a cheaper way to bridge the gap.

i got my fox 2.0s from a forum member who i guess replaced them off his 2in mopar lift. Wonderful shock, but i may look at other brands when these are worn out to a noticeable level.
That was the exact reason I held onto mine, temp solution just incase one of the Fox's got sick!

Sponsored

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
That was the exact reason I held onto mine, temp solution just incase one of the Fox's got sick!
Takeoffs from non-Mojave gladiators won’t work unfortunately.

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I think you’re giving people too much credit. Most will probably never have the service done.
Sadly, you are probably right.

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

I, for one, was ignorant of said maintenance. That’s no matter, I actually normally use mine to wheel several times a year in Moab, Colorado, and Arkansas, so I will be glad for the capabilities they provide, but my Rubi LJ and My JK before that always has Rancho, OME, or Bilsteins that I just took off and replaced, so this is all new to me. I, personally, am not upset about needing to take care of them with periodic maintenance, but rather what to do while they are in for service since the bolts on the Mojave up front are different than other gladiators.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Is there anyone out there with a Mojave that has reported noticeable degradation in the factory shock performance? I can't help but think that Fox's recommended service intervals are conservative, especially for vehicles driven mostly on road.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I actually normally use mine to wheel several times a year in Moab, Colorado, and Arkansas, so I will be glad for the capabilities they provide
That’s incredible, really envy folks with that kind of access, great stuff. Yeah the bolt anomaly is odd but that setup seems so dialed in, totally worth it. I think as miles start to rack up on Mojaves in the wild a good, a few hour turnaround on a rebuild will become the standard. Folks will start stocking the rebuild kits etc.

Sponsored

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
Anybody wanting kings the wait on those is 6 to 9 months and can't imagine getting them serviced will be any better.

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That’s incredible, really envy folks with that kind of access, great stuff. Yeah the bolt anomaly is odd but that setup seems so dialed in, totally worth it. I think as miles start to rack up on Mojaves in the wild a good, a few hour turnaround on a rebuild will become the standard. Folks will start stocking the rebuild kits etc.
I certainly hope that’s the case:). I’ve got the itch so bad. I haven’t gotten to take this beast Offroad yet because I almost lost Mom last summer. I am hoping to this summer:)

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Anybody wanting kings the wait on those is 6 to 9 months and can't imagine getting them serviced will be any better.
Falcons also

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Well then I guess when my shocks go i will just trade on something new again lol.. I'm on a 6-18 month vehicle cycle already...

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well then I guess when my shocks go i will just trade on something new again lol.. I'm on a 6-18 month vehicle cycle already...
Man, the Gladiator is my dream vehicle. I don’t want to go through all this again…
Sponsored