Sponsored

Mopar 2” lift and 35’s Ride Quality

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I’m curious what the daily driver ride quality is like with a standard Mopar 2” lift with 35’s and no other suspension mods (no third party LCA’s, track bar, etc)? Seems like most of the ride quality feedback I read on the forum is more trail-centric, than DD.

I won’t be rock crawling—daily driver, beach driving, camping, minor “trails” at most. This is more of a pickup truck than an ORV for me. I really just need the lift to add some clearance before adding a steel bumper and winch (for the beach driving).

Most of my daily driving on side roads, highway is pretty rare.

Can anyone speak to daily driver ride quality with 35’s and just the Mopar lift?
Sponsored

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
For me the ride quality is fine, and I use the truck as a daily driver. The only issues I have had are a bit of squirrelly steering when going over 75 on the highway, and in high winds. The truck is a brick aerodynamically so nothing I didn't expect. Otherwise, no issues.

Granted, I got my Mopar lift and 35s put on before picking up from the dealer so I don't have much of a long-term point of comparison to go off of.

Mcguyvr

First Name
McGuyvr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '97 TJ McGuyvr version, 06 XK Commander OME Limited
Occupation
Employed
Vehicle Showcase
Stock for a week (Rubicon) I found it very responsive and really the right balance of plush and connected to the road for a truck. Coming from a few jeeps over the years.

After I got the 2" Mopar installed, and my son got car sick in the back seat on his first ride, we noticed the ride is definitely more 'jouncy.' You feel a little more "floaty" if you will. Not harrowing like being on a 6-8" lifted monster, but enough to feel it if you got used to stock.

Wife says its not so much the bumps but more feeling the sway (basically the taller springiness of it all).

It is a tradeoff for the awesome looks though, and like anything - you get used to it. IMO a must for a tougher daily driver, ready for anything after work :)

OP
OP
Delhux

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I’m getting mine installed in a couple of weeks, will probably just have the lift on top of my 35’s and see how it feels.

I think the hardest thing for me now is trusting my gut on the ride quality, and not being 100% sure on what sort of ride characteristics would best be resolved by a front trackbar or a geometry correcting bracket, etc.

All that said, I’m hoping it’s just “all good”, but I’m mentally preparing for the “what the hell now?” phase...

That said, I’m definitely gonna be tuned in to whatever the front axel offset is after install—not sure what a good threshold for offset is before going to adjustable trackbar.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have the Mopar lift. I started with Toyo Open country 35s and the ride was loud and swayed, but with the air pressure down around 32 PSI it made the Midwest pot hole laden roads feel almost freshly paved. I switched to Nitto Ridge Grapplers and the ride was much more responsive and much more quiet. So tires are a huge factor. I ended up adding the Synergy Sector brace, yeti front and rear track bars, and Fox steering damper. I can two finger it at 75mph on almost any road!

Sponsored

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 2020 Chevy Silverado Duramax 3500
I think it’s hard to get an accurate opinion as we all have a little different set up and certainly a little different opinion on ride quality. But there is enough info on this forum that can guide you in the right direction to get things where you want them and dialed in. You are on a good path with a Mopar 2” and 35’s. Start there and make changes if needed. I have a 3” fabtech lift with 35’s, synergy sector brace, fox steering stabilizer and dirt logic shocks. I run my Mickey Thompson’s at 33 psi. This is my DD. I commute 120 miles one way. It rides better than stock. 80mph with one finger on the wheel. Ride quality is smooth. I will often take backroads along the river at 50-60 over some not so good dirt roads and it is smooth and a blast. Btw, the rest of my suspension is stock. No adjustable track bar, control arms, etc. alignment was great with just the camber being a little off. I don’t find a need to try to fix that since it isn’t broke.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
I’ve gone this exact route. We got out Gladiator in August of 2019 and drove it about a year with the stock tires (AT3W).

August, I put 315/70R17 load C tires on with the stock setup. Still rode great. Tires were much quieter than the Falkens.

Last month, I put the Mopar 2” kit on as we’re adding an RSI smart cap soon and I’ve installed a winch up front. I have installed a Synergy front track bar to center the axle and I have the new steering box installed.

The smoothness is great with the lift. However, it has significantly more “float”. The side to side sway (ie roll) is certainly noticeable and increased compared to the stock Rubicon suspension. I haven’t had this on a highway road trip yet, but I am slightly concerned how it will feel with a more significant load on the vehicle.

My thought would be that it isn’t too soft on the spring rates used. The ride height it as expected and holding up well with the winch weight, etc. Time will tell if this sags significantly. My feeling is the compression damping is too soft on the new Fox shocks.

I’m curious if others have this impression as well.

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gator, 2017Jeep JK 2dr
Occupation
Ret. Army
I ended up adding the Synergy Sector brace, yeti front and rear track bars, and Fox steering damper.
Do you have a link to a Yeti Rear Track Bar?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow

Mcguyvr

First Name
McGuyvr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '97 TJ McGuyvr version, 06 XK Commander OME Limited
Occupation
Employed
Vehicle Showcase
Briscoelab - did you add any spacer up front with winch? Or feel not needed...?

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
On my mopar setup, the jeep wandered with the toyo 37’s. For me the issue was that the caster was off. Basically the caster was out of spec as installed on my truck and couldnt get back in close enough. What was happening is as if i was steering into the ground, which made the steering on center feel like i was driving on a crowned road all the time, hence the wander.

in my case we added adjustable lower control arms to the mopar kit and also the sector shaft brace and track bar. The LCAs fixed the caster issue and the rest helped the jeep feel more planted and took out the slop i had.

that kit is gone now but not because i hated it. I just wanted more articulation and put on a kit that could give me that. As luck would have it, the jeep rides and turns even better as a result, but if it werent for the desire to have a little more air, the mopar would have lasted me forever as we set it up.
Sponsored