First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Just to add to the 12v plug conversation...
I added the Mopar controller to my 21 JLURD and it works great, I've used it a few times. Didn't replace the 12v plug and didn't miss it that much but...
Fast forward...my wife took the Wrangler and gave me her Kia so I traded it for a 22 JTRD. I was using the 12v plug some and since the Mopar one didn't integrate into the vehicle like in my Ram 2500 I started to look around other options. I ended up with the Redarc Tow-Pro Liberty Electric Brake Controller https://a.co/1BgNidb and REDARC Electronics RAM Suitable Tow-Pro Brake Controller Harness https://a.co/gRaJxsa (had to re-pin 2 wires). Works just a good/easy as the Mopar controller and was half the price. Plus I gotta keep the 12v plug. I mounted it right next to 12v plug by drilling a small hole.
20220920_191551.jpg
Pulled the same cargo trailer a few times with no issues and I can still use the 12v plug. So it worked out better than the Mopar one for me.

Just adding to give something to think about. Both the Mopar and the RedArc controllers are great and easy to use and install. But I'd go Redarc again, just to save a few bucks and the 12v plug.
Sponsored

RJinPV

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired
Just to add to the 12v plug conversation...
I added the Mopar controller to my 21 JLURD and it works great, I've used it a few times. Didn't replace the 12v plug and didn't miss it that much but...
Fast forward...my wife took the Wrangler and gave me her Kia so I traded it for a 22 JTRD. I was using the 12v plug some and since the Mopar one didn't integrate into the vehicle like in my Ram 2500 I started to look around other options. I ended up with the Redarc Tow-Pro Liberty Electric Brake Controller https://a.co/1BgNidb and REDARC Electronics RAM Suitable Tow-Pro Brake Controller Harness https://a.co/gRaJxsa (had to re-pin 2 wires). Works just a good/easy as the Mopar controller and was half the price. Plus I gotta keep the 12v plug. I mounted it right next to 12v plug by drilling a small hole.
20220920_191551.jpg
Pulled the same cargo trailer a few times with no issues and I can still use the 12v plug. So it worked out better than the Mopar one for me.

Just adding to give something to think about. Both the Mopar and the RedArc controllers are great and easy to use and install. But I'd go Redarc again, just to save a few bucks and the 12v plug.
My Redarc controller just arrived today and the spot you located your control knob is on my short list. Did you have any issues/advice with placing it there that you feel could help me out? I was gong to pull the panel tomorrow and take a look at the clearances there and other locations.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
My Redarc controller just arrived today and the spot you located your control knob is on my short list. Did you have any issues/advice with placing it there that you feel could help me out? I was gong to pull the panel tomorrow and take a look at the clearances there and other locations.
There should be plenty of room behind there. I held the number ring up and marked the front side, then drilled with a small bit. Then I drilled full size, took a bit of nipping on the back side, there is some webbing in the backside of the little panel. I just used end cutters. Trimmed a little and trial fitted, then trimmed more until it fit.
I wanted a location that was easy to reach, so I could adjust the gain or use the panic button if needed. Even when I plug something into the 12v plug the brake controller is easy to use.
Sponsored