First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Not the same at all. Most of what you mention are preferences and I am glad we have the choice. The windshield that comes stock is a fragile piece of shit. I got a crack the first week of owning it. It is silly to think it would raise the price of the Jeep 500 dollars. More like 150.00 It would be worth it to not have such a fragile thing between flying debris and my dazzling mug.
Considering Jeep does not make it, it would not be $150 more. Corning makes Gorilla Glass and it is not cheap stuff when compared to standard windshield glass.

FWIW, I've had my JT for over 1.5 years and don't even have a chip in my windshield. It's just luck.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I guess I have been lucky. I have had a new vehicle every two years since 2005. In 2015 a jeep and now a Gladiator. The only two that cracked.
I will not call you a sheep and you can dispense with the complainer BS. It is my opinion because of the vertical design, they should include a better glass by design. For the record, I have zero deductible, so I'm good there. I have not replaced mine yet because I know it will happen again and since the crack is on the passenger side, I will wait. Love my Gladiator and can see keeping this beyond the 2 year mark. This thing is a beast.
It's definitely complaining that's all and you've been lucky. How many crack compared to ones that don't. Every vehicle gets cracked windshields , your delusional if you don't believe that. If they all had forums you would here more about it. Just saying.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Same part # as in the Quadratec post above...
Interesting.

Although I don't trust quadratec as they screw up serial numbers on a regular basis LOL.

Ill wait for someone to bite the bullet and see if it does in fact fit. I see no reason why it SHOULDN'T, but Im not going to be the one to take that chance.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well I got a rock chip on way in to work two days ago 😣 I seen the rock fly out of the vehicle's tire coming. My choice of replacement glass might be a gorilla glass, my LJ has went through 3 already 2 within 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Meh, if it had a lifetime warranty I'd buy one, but they don't so I won't.

GG is about double the oem piece, JK/JL/JT windshields are flat as can be and fragile as shit. I just quit buying them unless it won't pass inspection.

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
I stand corrected. Good to know. I ahve the HPG glass so there was no point in me googling.

#noneedtobeaprick

👍
Sorry you took my hashtag as negative...wasn't my intent. I don't have time for drama/Mickey Mouse games trust me.

Seriously, have a good one fellow Jeeper!

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
It's definitely complaining that's all and you've been lucky. How many crack compared to ones that don't. Every vehicle gets cracked windshields , your delusional if you don't believe that. If they all had forums you would here more about it. Just saying.
Just let it go. I clearly said it was my opinion. I am sorry I ruffled your Jeep feathers. Jeeps are perfect, cannot be improved, and are number one. Better?

Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Considering Jeep does not make it, it would not be $150 more. Corning makes Gorilla Glass and it is not cheap stuff when compared to standard windshield glass.

FWIW, I've had my JT for over 1.5 years and don't even have a chip in my windshield. It's just luck.
Ok, never mind.
There is a huge markup and if retail is 500 more than retail of an OEM glass and if Jeep was ordering an assload, it would not add 500 to the cost of a Jeep. It does not matter, they are not going to do it and it was just an opinion anyway. Damn

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Get the Racing Optics windshield film for 1/5 of the price
Think that is the route I am going to go after few more cracks on this latest windshield

smurraybhm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 High Altitude
Occupation
University Admin
Since moving to Alabama years ago I have lost count how many cracked windshields (none involved a Jeep, past or present vehicles) I have had and my commute to work is very short. Given this thread on others on the forum windshield related, I ordered the Racing Optics product for $175 hoping to keep my windshield like new. It costs less than my deductible and curious if it works as promised. Arrives tomorrow and plan to install over the weekend if I have time (and can find someone to help me).

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Interesting but not interested. In my state windshield replacement is free with insurance. No deductible and not reported as a claim.

MadMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave 2020
Occupation
Sales Manager
Is this windshield compatible with Adaptive Cruise Control?

1856B844-33CA-4B18-96A6-5049C3AA773F.jpeg
Sponsored