Sponsored

Mopar Gorilla Glass Windshield Replacement Now Available For JT Gladiator

FoxForce4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT HA
This thread has convinced me to pre-emptively break my windshield out and wear a visored helmet. The “ready for anything” intimidation factor probably makes the latter worth doing anyway. It’s dangerous out there.

Will grab some for my wife and kids too. The 4 of us, ready get in an accident, on any terms, RIGHT NOW is the sort of energy I want to bring to the road.
Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
To put this in perspective...... We also have a Volvo XC70, and when it was new a large rock fell off of a truck and hit the windshield and broke partially through. The vehicle was in the shop two days because of the associated electronics and they had to fly in the guy who worked on the glass for Volvo's. The cost of replacement was over $2500.00. Our insurance covered it less the $500 deductible though.
Cool to see they have something stronger but mopar, should be including these on new builds.
I agree

Big John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M715x2, 92 YJ, 20 Gladiator
Is this windshield compatible with Adaptive Cruise Control?

1856B844-33CA-4B18-96A6-5049C3AA773F.jpeg
I contacted the company and the answer is "NO" it will not work. They are willing to put you on an e-mail notification list.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
I contacted the company and the answer is "NO" it will not work. They are willing to put you on an e-mail notification list.
Add me in please.
The wife got a rock week 3 after delivery, $600 out the gate :headbang:

Big John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M715x2, 92 YJ, 20 Gladiator
Add me in please.
The wife got a rock week 3 after delivery, $600 out the gate :headbang:
If your JT does not have Adaptive Cruise Control/Forward Collision etc. you can order it yourself at https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com for about $700, free shipping and 2 year warranty.
If your JT does have Adaptive Cruise Control etc. etc. the part number you need is HTJ-003 and it is still under development. You can get on their e-mail notification list at https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/shop-windshields/
and they will notify you as soon as they are in production.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Accountant
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport here. 3 weeks ago, rock from semi hit front windshield and ran a crack half way across. Had Safelite come out and replace with OEM [one with the little jeep in the corner]. fast forward 3 weeks, and now have 1 large chip and 2 smaller ones, from an SUV throwing a rock up when he swerved off the road and back. Safelite is coming out this afternoon to see if they can repair or have to replace. What cheap crap is Mopar trying to sell??? I didn't spend that much money to be going through windshields this quickly. Chip and crack too easily. Not happy. Good thing I have 100% comp., but Metlife will probably cancel me now with two windshields on record.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport here. 3 weeks ago, rock from semi hit front windshield and ran a crack half way across. Had Safelite come out and replace with OEM [one with the little jeep in the corner]. fast forward 3 weeks, and now have 1 large chip and 2 smaller ones, from an SUV throwing a rock up when he swerved off the road and back. Safelite is coming out this afternoon to see if they can repair or have to replace. What cheap crap is Mopar trying to sell??? I didn't spend that much money to be going through windshields this quickly. Chip and crack too easily. Not happy. Good thing I have 100% comp., but Metlife will probably cancel me now with two windshields on record.
Might vary from state to state, but I replaced 8-9 windshields over 3 years and now no one will sell me insurance when I try to switch providers ("Too many claims"). YMMV. Presently with Geico. Even pulled my Clue report. You may want to live with it and ensure they don't bill insurance.

OH-jeep

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator
Occupation
Utilities
Cool to see they have something stronger but mopar, should be including these on new builds.
They actually are Jglad15, my wife just placed her order for a new JLU and it’s a $95 option.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
It's got nothing to do with the quality of glass, it's just crap luck and how it's shaped on the jeep. I had the same issue on my JKU, went through 4 windshields in it, same thing with my xj, 2 windshields on it. I also have put 2 windshields in my 2017 Ford mustang GT. Only one I've had luck with is my BMW, but we haven't driven it but 2200 miles in 18 months of owning it.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Nothing to add, but the tech nerd in me thinks this is awesome and I want it now.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Accountant
It's got nothing to do with the quality of glass, it's just crap luck and how it's shaped on the jeep. I had the same issue on my JKU, went through 4 windshields in it, same thing with my xj, 2 windshields on it. I also have put 2 windshields in my 2017 Ford mustang GT. Only one I've had luck with is my BMW, but we haven't driven it but 2200 miles in 18 months of owning it.
Not crap luck. Crap design on the angle of the windshield. That would be my guess on it. Only 5k miles and two windshields down? I've had numerous other vehicles [non Jeep] and this Jeep is the first vehicle I've ever had to replace a windshield on ... now twice in one month.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Accountant
Might vary from state to state, but I replaced 8-9 windshields over 3 years and now no one will sell me insurance when I try to switch providers ("Too many claims"). YMMV. Presently with Geico. Even pulled my Clue report. You may want to live with it and ensure they don't bill insurance.
Safelite just left. Did the best job possible with the 'resin' fix, but the worst chip [deep] still looks terrible. I'm going to drive as is for now and speak with my insurance agent on it to see what my options are for getting it replaced 'again' without losing my insurance. Damn. $40k for a vehicle and windshield is crap.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Not crap luck. Crap design on the angle of the windshield. That would be my guess on it. Only 5k miles and two windshields down? I've had numerous other vehicles [non Jeep] and this Jeep is the first vehicle I've ever had to replace a windshield on ... now twice in one month.
I've put 2 windshields in my JT as well , but like I said I've put windshields in just about every vehicle I ever owned or at least 70% of them and that's probably at least 35 vehicles. I say it's due to the amount of road construction going on. If you ride around my area, which is the Charlotte NC area of North Carolina you see a ton of vehicles other than Jeeps with cracked windshields. The difference is we have a thread and a forum we can get on a complain about it where lot of the other vehicles people drive don't. Just as many are getting cracked in other brands.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Safelite just left. Did the best job possible with the 'resin' fix, but the worst chip [deep] still looks terrible. I'm going to drive as is for now and speak with my insurance agent on it to see what my options are for getting it replaced 'again' without losing my insurance. Damn. $40k for a vehicle and windshield is crap.
Totally hear you. It sucks. At this point I'm just spending $700 to replace my windshield every year and letting it go in between. I can't use insurance for the next ~30 months or I risk getting dropped from Geico on renewals. I mean obviously, if I get into an accident, it is what it is -- but yeah, I gotta be careful.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Lol it is literally how the jeep is made. Yes we all know the angle is shit for this, and it works against us for aerodynamics. But that is what it is. You should've owned a jeep prior to the JL/JT platform, those were an even steeper angle.

Learn to live with it and stay away from other vehicles.
Sponsored