Sponsored

Most Difficult Options to Add Later?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The most critical one of all is you can't add a door sticker with a larger GVWR. If you tow or plan on loading up your rig, you need to buy a Rubicon or Sport (S) Max Tow to get that 6,250lb GVWR door sticker. The rest of the lineup will always legally be 450lbs less no matter what you do.

Other than the list above, audio is a bitch too if you opt for the 5". I knew other FCA vehicles allowed upgrades so I didn't bother and I found out after the fact that the 7 to 8.4 is easy but the 5 to anything else is a pain because it is the only with single-zone HVAC. If you upgrade radios, you lose the volume and power knobs if you don't replace the HVAC controls and if you replace those, the right side pane does nothing because the requisite parts aren't under the dash.

There's only like 5 options aftermarket because the dash is so shallow and you lose things like the backup cam and USB ports.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever you do, be sure to get the 8.4” Navi and 9-speaker Alpine System & AUX Switches from the factory. :like:

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I searched for a Sport S with max tow, aux switches, 7" radio, cold weather group, and 8 speed auto. I didn't want to deal with the difficulty or practical impossibility of adding any of those later,

OP
OP
Squelch

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I’m wondering if some of our members who live closer to where you’ll be stationed could help you out by recommend it a dealer or two who could help a military guy out.....
I've been trying to work something through Mac Haik, so hopefully it will be ready by the time I get back. But at some point I'll have to fish or cut bait on the ordering process, so I don't know how much inventory they normally have or can get.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I searched for a Sport S with max tow, aux switches, 7" radio, cold weather group, and 8 speed auto. I didn't want to deal with the difficulty or practical impossibility of adding any of those later,
I am still so dumbfounded that they Aux switches were just not a standard. I have seen many jeeps loaded with most of what I would want but its like very few of them have the Aux switches which is crazy considering its a jeep. Just put it in all of them and add it to the price.

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
It’s my understanding that if you add the Aux switches after the build then you don’t get the interior wires. May not matter depending on your application but it isn’t quite the same as having it built with the option.
That’s correct! Ask me how I know!

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Cargo management package is another one I know about. You can get the rails but not the wiring harness and outlet plug in the bed... mine didn’t have this package and dealer said no problem but when I get back to pick it up we found out all that comes with it is the rails! So basically I got the rails free.....

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Cargo management package is another one I know about. You can get the rails but not the wiring harness and outlet plug in the bed... mine didn’t have this package and dealer said no problem but when I get back to pick it up we found out all that comes with it is the rails! So basically I got the rails free.....
A used under-seat bin alone goes for half the package price and the rails are another $280 so it's worth it if those two things are important. If you don't care about the under-seat box and really want a power plug in the bed, I'd recommend just getting a large inverter installed because 400W is only a 3.3A maximum draw. That's basically the realm of camp lighting and cordless drill battery rechargers.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Max Tow is the most difficult/expensive thing to add?
That's what I was going to say. :) By far the hardest thing to add after the fact is the 33% higher legal payload and 9% higher legal towing of the Max Tow package.

You can add Rubicon equipment to a Max Tow pretty easily. It's virtually impossible to add Max Tow to a Rubicon.

HHCDeadman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Trail cam
Block heater
Proximity entry
Safety group
Adaptive cruise
Cold weather
Remote start

All are options that need to be factory installed. If you search far enough, you should be able to find what you want. If not, you'll have to order and wait.

When I bought last July, there was only one Overland in the whole region (7+ dealers) that was fully equipped. I didn't get a block heater or trail cam, but those I can live without. It would have been nice to special order, but I didn't want to wait. I will likely do that if this one ever gets replaced.
When I bought mine in CO, I got the MAX TOE (Yeah I spelled it that way on purpose. May end up on my license plate) but it didn’t have the Cold weather package which was a deal breaker. But, it did have the remote start in the convenience pkg. The dealer had aftermarket heated seats thrown in so I did the deal. Only thing missing was the heated steering wheel. I need the Gladiator more for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse that hasn’t happened yet. Get creative and determine what you need or don’t. I wanted the 5(?)in stereo but it came with the alpine 8 and I’m happy to have that.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I don't see provisions on my Max Tow diffs to add the electrical connectors for Rubicon type lockers. I still prefer my choice for the improved cooling, rear suspension, and legal payload/towing ratings and capabilities. I also prefer the 2.72:1 transfer case and open diffs.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed on my window sticker for my JTR with the factory Class-IV tow package, it says "Improved Engine Cooling" as part of the package. I wonder if that means it has all the same upgrades the Max Tow has?
Sponsored