Sponsored

Motorcycle (not a dirt bike) in the bed.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I've done a ton of motorcycle track days and cringe when I see people load and unload bikes from the back of trucks. Seen my share of tip overs. We all help each other out, but I can't imagine loading it myself at home.

So many other options... Uhaul rents open trailer. Kendon single or double bike trailers fold up and are storable in a garage. Then u have traditional enclosed trailers, etc. So available cheap on Craigslist.

I see the appeal of just using the truck, a quick search on utube for fails and you'd second guess it as well. Also seen tailgates fail after hitting a big bump.

YMMV...
Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Thought I would post this because I couldn't find any info on putting a motorcycle in the bed when I was shopping. This is my Ducati Diavel in the bed of mine. From the tip of the front wheel to the last contact patch on the rear wheel, it is 78". Same with my R1200GS. The tailgate is rated for 500lb, and held me (200lb), the bike, and and heavy ramp just fine when I loaded it up. If I had my druthers, I would not haul a bike with the tailgate down... but I don't have much of an option with this.

20200130_102517.jpg

20200130_102523.jpg
Tailgate load limits according to Jeep:
  1. Up to 500 lbs payload can be carried in the bed with the tailgate in the mid position. This payload rating is dependent on the sheet cargo being properly supported with 2x4s positioned in the bed as specified by the owner's manual.
  2. Ramp load at end of down tailgate
    • Single ramp = 600lbs
    • Dual Ramp = 425lbs/ramp or 850lbs total
  3. Distributed load across down tailgate: 1850lbs
You're fine hauling the bike with the tailgate down. :like:

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I've done a ton of motorcycle track days and cringe when I see people load and unload bikes from the back of trucks. Seen my share of tip overs. We all help each other out, but I can't imagine loading it myself at home.

So many other options... Uhaul rents open trailer. Kendon single or double bike trailers fold up and are storable in a garage. Then u have traditional enclosed trailers, etc. So available cheap on Craigslist.

I see the appeal of just using the truck, a quick search on utube for fails and you'd second guess it as well. Also seen tailgates fail after hitting a big bump.

YMMV...
Yep, it's simple . . . find an embankment or a ledge to lessen that angle. Otherwise, you get what you get: humor for others.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I would post this because I couldn't find any info on putting a motorcycle in the bed when I was shopping. This is my Ducati Diavel in the bed of mine. From the tip of the front wheel to the last contact patch on the rear wheel, it is 78". Same with my R1200GS. The tailgate is rated for 500lb, and held me (200lb), the bike, and and heavy ramp just fine when I loaded it up. If I had my druthers, I would not haul a bike with the tailgate down... but I don't have much of an option with this.

20200130_102517.jpg

20200130_102523.jpg

Love the Diavel. Ride with someone who put on Termi exhaust. Man could he rail in the corners. My R1 got a workout riding with him.

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have an industrial park near my house, I plan to back the gladiator up to one of the loading ramps and gently walk the bike in. Easy peasy

Sponsored

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
What I did, made an easily pulled out platform in my last truck. A snowshoe so to speak, to spread the weight. Wanted to decrease the road impacts on the tailgate.

566.jpg

302.jpg

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Woooah, i am going to need some more pics of that ZRX.
Hope the mods and the admins are okay with this, I have three ZRXs, one for street, one for track, and one I'm in the process of restoring that a dear friend who passed left to me. The one being restored is a very odd build.

Glas Ri.JPG

DSCF1165.JPG

jtad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
So finally installed my LoadAll in the Gladiator. Loaded up the streetglide today, the truck handles in no problem at all. I have a Rock Krawler 3" lift with 37"s. There is about 1/2" clearance of the bump stops.. But drives and handles fine.

20200719_105657.jpg

20200719_154954.jpg

20200719_154936.jpg

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Jtad, that looks amazing! How does it unload?

Sponsored

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Y'all are brave men. This gives me some peace of mind, but I'd be so paralyzed with fear about something happening to the bike back there.

jtad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Its not bad.. I have to find a low spot to back into or I built a ramp extention that makes it not so steep. I'll post some pics.. Check out their web site its made by load-all.. you;ll get an idea how it works,

Jamesbtaylorjt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Production
Its not bad.. I have to find a low spot to back into or I built a ramp extention that makes it not so steep. I'll post some pics.. Check out their web site its made by load-all.. you;ll get an idea how it works,
Any pics of your Load All with the tailgate up? I had a Load All ramp in my Ram 1500 and loved it but traded it in for my 2020 Jeep Gladiator. would love to have another. What did they charge you to build one for your Gladiator?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good to me. 3 or 4 straps and your done. Two to compress the forks, and one or two to hold down the back. The four D clamps on the JT bed are perfect for making sure the bike does not bounce around on the tail gate.
I use the heck outta those rings in the box. If they weren't there I'd find a way to put some just like them in there. Good placement and - strong. I've had my ratchet straps on those so tight you could play a tune on them (generators, engines, other fun stuff)
No reason a JT can't haul a bike like that just fine. It's just a bit tricky with it being barely on there as far as loading it up - not a lot of place to stand up there, too.

jtad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
I don't have any pics with the tail gate up, but its a tight fit..lol I want to say it was about $3,000. It is built really well, great product. My only complaint which its not LoadAll fault is I have to find a low spot to pull into cause of the lift on the Jeep.
Sponsored