Sponsored

Mounted Awnings

bradxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
@Rokon Yup, that's Wall #1 and it does have the "door" in the panel closest to the right side of the photo. Wall #1 is also made of two separate panels that are zipped together so you can roll half of it up if you want.
Sponsored

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
@Rokon Yup, that's Wall #1 and it does have the "door" in the panel closest to the right side of the photo. Wall #1 is also made of two separate panels that are zipped together so you can roll half of it up if you want.
Awesome, thanks. Just placed an order for wall #1.
These awnings are even better than sliced bread!

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
There’s the Diamondback/Front Runner route. I’ve got a write up on attaching an OVS 270 awning to it. I also have their shower awning below it as well and a Waterport Weekender. All my gear is locked, and protected from the elements. It’s modular, and there’s zero wasted or empty space like a camper shell. I can remove all of this relatively quickly or just the pieces I don’t want and I can carry bikes lower than a full height rack. I can use the DB as a platform for standing too. If you don’t go with storage, like the ROAMs boxes I used you can easily do a RTT instead. I went with a Gazelle tent in lieu of a RTT for various reasons. The downside is that this is super expensive.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/diamondback-hd.22667/post-972621

Sponsored

Alaskantinbender

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch edition
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I just looked at the date on the original post, looks like we are reviving an old awning thread. The OP might be long gone, looks like he has a land cruiser now. So I should add I just picked up a RTT that will fit between the uprights on my topper rack. Clears the awning no problem using the ladder on the R/H side.
Jeep Gladiator Mounted Awnings IMG_5138.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Mounted Awnings IMG_5131.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Mounted Awnings IMG_5158.JPG

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Not sure if anyone posted this already but I got this to my email. Looks to be a nice awning.

https://ikamper.com/products/exoshell-270-awning
It does look nice although I’m not sure the hard case is necessary. You could however buy an OVS awning and all the side walls and the shower awning for that price. I haven’t identified any shortcomings with my OVS that would make me want to spend more on another awning. The only awning that I like better than the OVS is the one on the Conqueror UEV 490. It has stanchions that create and angled roofline and it’s walls seal against the trailer creating heated space.

Sponsored

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
I went the Billie Bar route with their awning mount for my big ARB

The gutter mount for a full size awning is a little long if you still want to take your tops out. Mounting to the plastic roof just seems sketchy to me for the bigger one (wind loading more than the weight).

It did work fine for my small awning and shower setup until I moved it to the back.

Jeep Gladiator Mounted Awnings decked.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Mounted Awnings hat
Sponsored