First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
Hello everyone, new to the group and Jeeps in general. Just bought my first one a few weeks ago (2022 JT Overland) and I'm ready to start the journey. I was able to pick up a Mojave take off suspension (Front/rear Shocks/coils, Sway bar links, upper/lower control arms and track bar) for a steal, I've been trying to find several answers but nothing clear. My stock JTO does not have the lockers, standard Dana 44 with a 3.73 axel ratio.
1. Does the standard axel have the same mounting locations as the wider axel of the Mojave?
2. Will I need any additional parts for the rear end other than shocks and coils (track bar, links etc.)?

SECOND OPTION-
Add the ReadyLIFT 4 Inch Terrain Flex Max Suspension and only reuse the shocks

If you are not sure please do not give misleading info. TIA
Sponsored

Last edited:

same_O_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave; 2008 JKU (RIP)
Not sure on the extra parts...

But as far as Option 1 or Option 2 - I'd say absolutely go for Option 1. You already have all the parts. Why not at least give it a try and see how you like it? I've been pretty impressed by the stock Mojave suspension so far.

And coming from a JK with a 3.5" lift, be prepared for a litany of issues you'll potentially need to address when it comes to steering/driveshafts/etc. Its not always as simple as "throw on the lift and go."

OP
OP

RicoJT10

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
Not sure on the extra parts...

But as far as Option 1 or Option 2 - I'd say absolutely go for Option 1. You already have all the parts. Why not at least give it a try and see how you like it? I've been pretty impressed by the stock Mojave suspension so far.

And coming from a JK with a 3.5" lift, be prepared for a litany of issues you'll potentially need to address when it comes to steering/driveshafts/etc. Its not always as simple as "throw on the lift and go."
I do plan on upgrading other components down the road, stabilizing bar, add lockers and re gearing, etc. but that that will be later down the road when I'm more educated on them and have extra cash to throw at it lol I'm fairly knowledgeable on some of these things as I've always had trucks but this is my first with axels rather than Front Independent suspension so there's a few different parts. But I definitely want the Fox 2.5 shocks for sure!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Can't speak to Mojave parts - but take Rubicon for example - the only differences are shocks and springs.
Example - Overland and Rubicon track bar, sway bar links, control arms, etc. are identical.
It's a waste of time to use those items as if you look at the part numbers, they are the same.
I have not compared Mojave part numbers to Overland part numbers for sway bar links, control arms and so on, but generally speaking, you would use only springs and shocks.

Mounting location would be the same as the body and frame dimensions are basically the same.
The "wider axles" are a whopping .75" per side. Mounting points should be the same. The body is the same width, the frame is the same width.
Fenders are how they cover the extra width.

Sponsored

Randonexplosion

First Name
Randon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
The Mojave uses larger shock bolts, at least on the axles, so you will have to drill out your brackets accordingly. Then you will have to find a way to mount the remote reservoirs up front.

As others have said, the rest of the suspension is the same. The Mojave sits 1" taller up front so just swap out the springs and figure out the shock mounting and you should be golden :beer:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The Mojave uses larger shock bolts, at least on the axles, so you will have to drill out your brackets accordingly. Then you will have to find a way to mount the remote reservoirs up front.
Rats, I forgot about the bolt size difference. I knew that, too, from looking into shock extensions.

OP
OP

RicoJT10

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales

As others have said, the rest of the suspension is the same. The Mojave sits 1" taller up front so just swap out the springs and figure out the shock mounting and you should be golden :beer:
How about the rear end, same scenario just springs and shocks?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Rear end is exactly the same no extra work other than swap the parts. As mentioned the fronts have a different upper shock bolt. You either need to drill out your mounts or make a bushing for the eyes to fit the smaller bolt. You will also need to use a nutsert, self tapper, or some other method to mount the front shock reservoirs to the frame horns by the bumper (or some other location of your choosing)

OP
OP

RicoJT10

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
Rear end is exactly the same no extra work other than swap the parts. As mentioned the fronts have a different upper shock bolt. You either need to drill out your mounts or make a bushing for the eyes to fit the smaller bolt. You will also need to use a nutsert, self tapper, or some other method to mount the front shock reservoirs to the frame horns by the bumper (or some other location of your choosing)
Thank you for the info, I will have to find a spot for the reservoirs that i like not a fan of them being hidden away.

Sponsored

Randonexplosion

First Name
Randon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Looking at my wife's Mojave vs my Rubicon its actually the lower shock bolts that are larger. Thats why the AEV spacer kit is deifferent between the 2, the lower shock extension brackets.

JHydroJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just finished installing the mojave shocks and springs on mine. Rears bolt up no issue as bleda said. The mojave uses larger bolts on the front shocks so i just bought a small piece of sheet metal from home depot and made some sleeves. As far as mounting the resevoirs in the stock location you will need the lower brackets for the steel skid plate as the resevoir brackets bolt to those. You can buy a kit that includes the brackets, bolts, and hex inserts for the frame. You will need smaller inserts and bolts for the hose routing as well.

Hemicommander

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator overland, 2011 Ram 1500
Occupation
CADD Designer
I am looking at doing this as well and adding the AEV spacer lift, my question is would the Mojave lift with the Overland sitting on Mojave suspension or will I need the kit for the Overland?

JHydroJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I would think the normal kit unless you used the larger mojave bolts. I'm looking at adding the aev kit in the near future as well and from what I have seen the only difference is the size of the bolt hole for the shock extension.

Hemicommander

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator overland, 2011 Ram 1500
Occupation
CADD Designer
I haven't done it yet just looking at the option of doing this.
Sponsored