First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I liked Tremors from the get go just for having a Jeep pickup in it - only got better from there.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Just watched it a couple days ago ...
Jeep Gladiator Movies that used Jeep Pickups ! 117445305_10219513476048455_5638542201016457169_o

Seemed appropriate since I was in Wakita (with my JK) last week while driving the TransAmerica Trail ...
Jeep Gladiator Movies that used Jeep Pickups ! TransAmerica Trail--OK, Aug 20, CP_110839, Jeep and Wakita Water Tower

And even got to see Dorothy (though the museum wasn't open) ...
Jeep Gladiator Movies that used Jeep Pickups ! TransAmerica Trail--OK, Aug 20, CP_110408, Dorothy

Putting the video series together now. Here is the teaser, should anyone be interested (with my JK and a friend's FJ, no JT this trip) ...

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Just watched it a couple days ago ...
Jeep Gladiator Movies that used Jeep Pickups ! TransAmerica Trail--OK, Aug 20, CP_110408, Dorothy

Seemed appropriate since I was in Wakita (with my JK) last week while driving the TransAmerica Trail ...

And even got to see Dorothy (though the museum wasn't open) ...

Putting the video series together now. Here is the teaser, should anyone be interested (with my JK and a friend's FJ, no JT this trip) ...
Mark, why are you using the Wrangler instead of the Gladiator for your excurions? (I've been a follower of your well thought out posts and overlanding stuff for a while, from the JK forums.)

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Mark, why are you using the Wrangler instead of the Gladiator for your excurions? (I've been a follower of your well thought out posts and overlanding stuff for a while, from the JK forums.)
The JK is set up much better for overlanding. While I've made some improvements to the JT, it doesn't have a fridge, storage drawers and shelves, etc. I hope to use it (indeed, have already) on some runs, but when I need a vehicle to actually live out of, the Wrangler serves best. For now.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
The JK is set up much better for overlanding. While I've made some improvements to the JT, it doesn't have a fridge, storage drawers and shelves, etc. I hope to use it (indeed, have already) on some runs, but when I need a vehicle to actually live out of, the Wrangler serves best. For now.
Fair enough. (c: It's good to have a backup while you're buliding the new rig. (c: Your videos and forum posts were a large part of set my mind against the notion that you have to go out and buy a Rubicon just to own a Jeep, that JKU proved to plenty capable with a 3.8L and non-Rubicon. I am trading in my JKU to get my JT Max Tow, maintaining that same philosophy.

I'm curious about them sliders I see in one of your pics. Have you created a build thread anywhere to talk about what you've done so far or as you go?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
And I was thinking of that movie while I drove home at ludricous speed to stay ahead of our derecho storm with tree parts and street signs flying across in front of me. I was thinking - ok, when does the cow come flying by?
Appropriate I was in the JT at the time. Other vehicles were blown off the road a few miles north and east of us.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Fair enough. (c: It's good to have a backup while you're buliding the new rig. (c: Your videos and forum posts were a large part of set my mind against the notion that you have to go out and buy a Rubicon just to own a Jeep, that JKU proved to plenty capable with a 3.8L and non-Rubicon. I am trading in my JKU to get my JT Max Tow, maintaining that same philosophy.

I'm curious about them sliders I see in one of your pics. Have you created a build thread anywhere to talk about what you've done so far or as you go?
I have been making studio chats on the last video of each trip series that update viewers on mods. The JT rock sliders are from Ace Engineering. Check the most recent several playlists on my YT front page for more info on the build.
Sponsored

Last edited: