MSRP price change after ordering

MikeInMo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
A question I would ask is if the price to the dealer was locked in at the time the order was placed. I would expect it was. Whether MSRP goes up in the meantime or not should be irrelevant then. The S is Suggested, not a fixed price.

However if their invoice price went up because of the model year change, I would be willing to pay that difference and nothing more based on them showing documentation of the change from MY21 to MY22. Then they are making the same money as the original deal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hristo

Hristo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTM, 19 Subaru Outback, 05 LJ
Not a lawyer but that does not sound like a spot contract that locks in anything to a price at a certain date. Especially for something that is not on hand or made yet.

Wish you the best in hopefully something agreeable is worked between you and your dealer.
Thank you. I appreciate your input and will likely try to negotiate further as you suggested. This dealership does place emphasis on its reputation in the area and the manager seems willing to do something.

OP
OP
Hristo

Hristo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting this, I'm in a similar situation. I ordered my Gladiator on Sept 9th. The truck is currently on it's way to the dealership, I'm expecting it to arrive any day. I recently pulled down the window sticker from cryptostickers and noticed that the base price, paint, and destination charges are higher than when I placed the order (plus the slush mats were deleted). I've been wondering how this will work out when I go to the dealership for delivery.

I'm emotionally invested at this point, so I don't think I will have much wiggle room to negotiate. Hoping the dealership will be helpful.
I'd be interested in hearing how that turns out.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
You might be worked up over a non issue since they said they would work with you on this
“Just come in, we’ll figure it out, no need to go into specifics” rarely means the eventually-revealed specifics will be in the customer’s favor. At best it means “we want to see how far you’re willing to push us on this.”

Sponsored

crankset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Willys Sport Manual Hydro Blue
Occupation
Dad
I'd be interested in hearing how that turns out.
Circling back on this...

I took delivery last night and the price change on the sticker was a non-issue. Neither the dealer nor myself brought it up. They honored the original quote from when I placed the order in September (minus $165 for the slush mats that we not included during the build due to supply chain issues).

Good luck with your order! I am watching the sun rise over an awesome new rig in my driveway at the moment!

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did use a credit card for the deposit. The original price order confirmation sheet was for a '21. The one I was sent on October 17 was for a '22.
This is the key. Your the documentation of your order was for a 21. Once that changes, neither of you are bound by that agreement. You are essentially starting over with the negotiations.

One thing I'd do is look at your old configuration and figure out how much over or under invoice your 21 deal was for.

Tell the dealer that you want the same percent off for the 22. It will be more because the 8.4 is now standard. But there really isn't anything the dealer can do. And they signed a contract to get you a 21 at that price. They can't get 21s. So you both need to negotiate in good faith.

It would suck to walk away from that deal then go to another dealer and get a price that was no better and have to begin the wait all over again.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
I ordered a Challenger Hellcat Widebody from Benson CDJ in September. Took delivery in November. MSRP and shipping increased between those times by $1100 total. They never questioned delivery to me for originally agreed upon price, which was well below the original MSRP.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Also got 0% financing on the Dodge.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
My MSRP went up by like $800 from order to delivery, it was never brought up and the dealer honored the quoted price when I signed the order.

OP
OP
Hristo

Hristo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just wanted to update this thread and advise that I picked the Jeep up today for the originally agreed on price without any issue. Kudos to the dealership for sticking to the agreed upon price.
Sponsored