Sponsored

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
My local dealer had a 5K markup on all models, 10K on Rubys when Gladiators first came out.

Would not budge.

They didn't have what I wanted in color anyway.

I went to a dealer a bit of a distance away from me, and paid a little less than sticker, out the door.

Funny the gouging dealer cleared the lot of Gladiators.

Gotta shop around, things may be worse now, with the supply issues.
Sponsored

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Maybe its due to low volume but the TRX should be on this list too.

I actually paid $5k off msrp for my gladiator three weeks ago. Gotta hunt but deals are out there.

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
Two large dealers around me willing to finally deal at MSRP, both with $5K markups, but no less. So I picked one up off the lot, good enough nowadays. Shop around, inventory is out there, I searched within 300 miles, got almost exactly the options I need.

Sponsored

GladVentures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude
I'm not sure if this would apply to every dealership but I bought mine in October 2021 and got it at the FWP price. What I did was call 3 dealerships and told them that I wanted to order a new Gladiator and I didn't care who I bought it from that I was only looking for the lowest price. I had one offer it to me at $500 above FWP and another that said they would sell at FWP with a lifetime powertrain warranty so that's the one I chose. Mine is the high-altitude Eco Diesel and I added Gorilla glass, aux buttons, slush mats, bed liner, tow package, and cold weather group. The MSRP was $62,075 and I got mine for $58,474. It might be because I ordered mine instead of buying off the lot?

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
I wonder if we donā€™t have enough information here. Does this take into account added aftermarket accessories. I guarantee the wrangler/gladiator platform is the most customizable vehicle on a dealers lot in which items are added too.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Buyers can solve this problem. Iā€™ve never agreed to pay a penny over MSRP, and never will. Iā€™ve also always been able to find a dealer without a markup to buy the vehicle I want. It sometimes takes driving 100 miles, but itā€™s the principal. Dealers mark these up because people will pay it. If we stop buying from them, cause and effect, theyā€™ll stop marking them up to get their customers back.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
The ABQ dealers have been doing that over-MSRP "market value adjustment" BS long before the pandemic/supply chain issue days. Buy from Lithia in Santa Fe. Their discounts are listed right on their website, they have a new building that's so clean you could eat off the floor, and the salespeople and finance managers are great to work with. I've traded toward a new vehicle with them every year since 2017.

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.57.40 PM.png
Thanks James. Unfortunately, I already ordered through LHM, but I did get the $500 off for Tread Lightly. If it falls apart, I'll go up to Santa Fe. I did read the reviews of both, and they were both pretty bad, but I know that it's mainly disgruntled customers that write those reviews.

Sponsored

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
Also surprised that the Bronco was that far down on the list.

Big Sky Country

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
It's especially egregious when you have dealers, like we do in Albuquerque, that won't deal. Maybe the rise in interest rates will mitigate that somewhat. In the interim their attitude is: "Let them eat cake" or go somewhere else, which is what many of us do.
All you have to do is pay $100 to join Tread lightly and you pay 1% under factory invoice.

CT_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
All you have to do is pay $100 to join Tread lightly and you pay 1% under factory invoice.
When I bought my Gladiator last Sept, the only way to get the Tread Lightly discount was to factory order. None of the dealerships would honor the affiliate pricing on in stock or preordered inventory. One dealer even told me he forgot that he just sold the one I was looking at once I mentioned the tread Lightly discount.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
When I bought my Gladiator last Sept, the only way to get the Tread Lightly discount was to factory order. None of the dealerships would honor the affiliate pricing on in stock or preordered inventory. One dealer even told me he forgot that he just sold the one I was looking at once I mentioned the tread Lightly discount.
It was the same situation with my local Jeep dealer. I could get the discount only if I ordered a Gladiator. They wouldn't budge on price for the truck I test drove in October, 2019. In the following December, I saw online that same truck was still on the lot. I emailed the fleet sales manager asking if I could get the discount on that same truck I test drove. She agreed.

As I pointed out in the other thread, people in big cities have lot of money and little time so they will pay the higher price.

Nacho1103

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep gladiator Rubicon
I was looking at a sport s today with an MSRP of $43,405 and they were asking $53,998. Other than the usual bs dealers try, they had tint as dealer added equipment but when you look at the factory sticker it clearly states it comes with tinted windows from factor. They claimed $6k in dealer enhancements and another $2k for not financing with them. The only real enhancement was a basic step rail which accounted for $2k of the $6k. Pretty ridiculous imo. I didnā€™t even bother to negotiate or mention tread lightly. I had a good idea who I was dealing with and wasn't going to waste my time.

Btw the dealer is in a tiny place in SC.
Sponsored